@teddymosart1: no, there already are many out there.

Also: another update: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-RvJkmk8dpyaDJ4aVpCaXZWdnM

changelog v1.3:

-again some minor changes to the Tac-50 textures

-new textures for the SRS-A1

-new SRS-A1 .338 COVERT variant in tan, olive and black colors

https://imgur.com/a/EJHn5

• Like 2

Yeah,the bolt animation framework and some cammos is a +1 for me. B.o.r.s. sight system optics,maybe?

Thanks for the feedback bobprestige :)

For the Tac-338 I can say that I do have an almost finished model of it lying around on my harddrive ;)

Unfortunately we decided to NOT add the Bolt Action animations. Although the Weapon Eventhandler Framework is a very nice addon we do not want to spend the time it would take to do bolt action animations for each weapon. So this feature is on hold for an unknown amount of time. Apologies.

But we will still try to do our best with implementing the ACE Advanced Ballistics features in the most realistic way for the existing weapons and then add some new weapons.

• Like 2

Thanks for the feedback bobprestige :)

For the Tac-338 I can say that I do have an almost finished model of it lying around on my harddrive ;)

Unfortunately we decided to NOT add the Bolt Action animations. Although the Weapon Eventhandler Framework is a very nice addon we do not want to spend the time it would take to do bolt action animations for each weapon. So this feature is on hold for an unknown amount of time. Apologies.

But we will still try to do our best with implementing the ACE Advanced Ballistics features in the most realistic way for the existing weapons and then add some new weapons.

I agree with your decision on the Weapon Eventhandler Framework. I love it on the HLC guns but there's no denying the amount of work required when it comes to getting into those animations. Also I think it would be a little bit more of a challenge to set something like that up for the SRS. I'm looking forward to the TAC-338, but the only thing I can say is that you should try to come up with a way to set it apart from the SRS. As they both shoot the same round and the SRS is lighter / has a longer barre (Covert even smaller / lighter at the price of some range), on paper it looks like the better rifle. The argument can be made that the Tac-338's conventional layout would be much more familiar to most shooters vs the SRS, and no doubt the McMillian is probably a bit more affordable as well.

• Like 1

Mod good, much approval, and very like. By any chance will mod include m40a5 and sv-98 sniper rifles?

Awesome choice of weapon! Arma really needed some good 338 that can actually shoot like 338 (unlike the DLC 338 which can't even zero a headshot at 1000m) :D

If you ever want ideas for future rifles...

Three guns I'm still waiting to see in Arma are the Remington SASS (7,62), FN Ballistia (338), and Remington MSR (more 338)

Can't go wrong with 338. :lol:

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the new Tac-338 has a funny little tick in the reload animation at the end. It kind of snaps back when he returns the gun to his shoulder (instead of a fluid motion, the gun is pointed to the side, and then all the sudden its instantly pointed straight ahead) and there's about another half second or so before you can shoot again (but this may be just waiting for the bolt to close). 

With that out of the way, I'm so glad to be able to use these beautiful bolt-actions. The 338 is a nice addition, keep up the great work. I can't wait to see what you guys do next!

Thanks for all the feedback :)

@irving_mainway that was actually some kind of experiment to change an animation so that it fits the gun better but it has not worked out that well so we decided to change it

Update: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-RvJkmk8dpyYmhnbDNsdE1KLVk

Changelog v1.5:

- changed reload animation of Tac-338

• Like 1

Would you be entertaining any thoughts on doing a Blaser R93 Tactical 2 chambered for .338 Lapua Magnum? I haven't seen one of these babies in A3 yet so I thought it would be pretty awesome. I know that Australian Special Forces have been using them with devastating effect in Afghanistan. Keep up the great work, cheers!

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/tactical-2.aspx

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blaser_R93_Tactical

• Like 1