The ArmA Warfare Cooperation is proud to release the first version of its AWC Arms addon.

X0HfYvH.png

What is the ArmA Warfare Cooperation?

The ArmA Warfare Cooperation (AWC) is a cooperation of multiple german clans focusing on tactical, immersive and realistic ArmA Gameplay. We share a modset and a TeamSpeak 3 Server.

Why have we created this addon?

This weapons addon was created by some of our members to get some weapons ingame that make for a good variety in the weapons we can choose from and therefore the roles our members can fill in.

Addon content:

• McMillan Tac-50 A1-R2 (3 colors: black, tan and olive)
  • AAC Cyclops .50 caliber suppressor (3 Colors: black, tan and olive)
  • Desert Tech SRS-A1 (chambered in .338; 3 Colors: black, tan and olive)
  • Enhanced M14 Rifle featuring a rail system allowing for a configurable weapons platform (2 Colors: Wooden, Olive; this is a modification to the ArmA 2 M14 model)
  • Magazines and Ammunition for all the weapons

Download:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-RvJkmk8dpyaDJ4aVpCaXZWdnM

Requirements:

• CBA
  • (optional) SMA - ArmA shows a message that it is needed but it is only for the m14 which i configured to be able to load SMA Magazines

Screenshots:

https://imgur.com/a/EJHn5

ToDo:

• maybe some new weapons (if you have some wishes we'll consider doing them ;) )

Credits:

[ARES] Miroslaw Kowalski - Modelling, Texturing and Config writing

[ARES] William Porter - Testing and Screenshots

The rest of the ArmA Warfare Cooperation for their advices and kind words  B)

And of course Bohemia Interactive for their awesome game and the awesome assets they provide for their community

• Like 8

For me non of your weapons shows up in the vr arsenal except for the M14. I started my game with CBA and SMA(which seems to be a requirement?). My logfile: Pastebin

@tobinator:

sorry forgot to add requirements to the main post (updated now)

I have no idea why they don't show up. I will check it loading the same mods and then find a possible fix.

I updated the download link. Please check if it is working now. The ingame names are "SRS-A1 .338 Lapua Magnum (color)" and "McMillan Tac-50 A1-R2 (color)".

I had some members of the AWC test the addon again with the addons you started your game with and it was working for them.

I had some members of the AWC test the addon again with the addons you started your game with and it was working for them.

Sorry dude, I have already written a answer but forgot to post it :D. After you updated the addon everything was working for me too.

Hey, great job so far on these rifles, really happy to see the SRS. A friend of mine who does a lot of scout-sniper work when we play is really looking forward to using it in place of the Noreen. Sure its not semi-auto, but at only around 1/3 the weight its quite a bargain. He likes the precision of the Noreen, but not sucking wind and lagging behind everyone else because its so heavy!

There were a few things I wanted to mention about the weapons though I didn't get around to testing the M14 but with both the SRS and Tac 50 we experienced severe overheating issues when used along with ACE 3 Advanced Ballistics. Usually within 3-4 rapid magazine dumps these bolt action guns would start to jam, and when they would fire they'd suffer from issues with huge shot dispersion (I suspect caused by the high temperature of the weapons). Obviously nobody should just blaze away with either of these rifles, but even if fired at a reasonable rate, after about 5-10 minutes of shooting targets both are unusable due to the heat-soak. Despite these issues, for the first few minutes these rifles do shoot great. 

The only other thing that I found a little strange is that the TAC 50 seems to be quite a bit lighter than it ought to be (I think its around 9 pounds in-game whereas the real rifle tips the scales at 26). Anyways I just figured I'd mention those issues to you, I can't wait to see what else you guys have planned. 

Thanks for your feedback irving_mainway :) I'll look into the overheating issue and the weight issue for the TAC-50 (I didn't check the weight :S )

Hello Guys,

here is an update of the addon:

v1.1 changelog:

- removed SMA from requiredAddons of the M14 which removes the error message while starting the game (if you do not have SMA you will be able to select empty magazines with no data)

- changed the mass of every weapon to get a more realistic mass

- fixed ACE overheating issues by increasing mass

download (also updated on the first post): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-RvJkmk8dpyUVU2N2ZPUlJvdGc/view?usp=sharing

• Like 1

Hello Guys,

here is an update of the addon:

v1.1 changelog:

- removed SMA from requiredAddons of the M14 which removes the error message while starting the game (if you do not have SMA you will be able to select empty magazines with no data)

- changed the mass of every weapon to get a more realistic mass

- fixed ACE overheating issues by increasing mass

download (also updated on the first post): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-RvJkmk8dpyUVU2N2ZPUlJvdGc/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for the prompt update guys. We've yet to put it through full testing but the results so far look very good.  

• Like 1

New mod v1.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey [ARES] Miroslaw Kowalski , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Textures are not perfect but enough and i like the models. And tac 300 or m40a5 would be awesome to see in arma 3. Keep up the good work  :) .

An M24 with black and tan camo variants would be a nice addition. too many arma 2 ports

Thanks for the feedback :) For now we are focusing on reworking the TAC 50 model (there are some things I want to change) and making new textures (until then there will only be bugfixes released) after that the textures of the SRS-A1 will be reworked and then we'll start doing new weapons :) The first one for the new weapons could be something like an M24 or M40....

• Like 2

If you gonna make a m40 please make it m40a5. There are so many m24 and m40a1-a3 mods but no a5.

Thanks for the feedback :) For now we are focusing on reworking the TAC 50 model (there are some things I want to change) and making new textures (until then there will only be bugfixes released) after that the textures of the SRS-A1 will be reworked and then we'll start doing new weapons :) The first one for the new weapons could be something like an M24 or M40....

Solid start so far. If I could make a suggestion, I think it would be really cool to flesh out the SRS-A1 line and add the pint-sized .308 Covert variant (which is about the same size as an M4) at some point down the road.