Sign in to follow this  
blitzz

Memory could not be written Crash

Hi! Since after one of the new eden updates, me and my friend's Arma 3 starts to randomly crash due to ""The instruction at xxxxxxxx referenced memory at 0x xxxxxxxx. The memory could not be written."

This have never occurred before and now it's happening every time i play. It occurs randomly 10-30 min once i'm playing on a vanilla multiplayer game (No mods). Sometimes it also crashes after i have selected a team (bluefor, indi, oppfor)

What happened is that out of the blue, arma 3 stops responding (not the windows type "Arma 3 is not responding" but the game just freezes with and error sound from windows.) Then if you try to alt tab/ctrl + shift + esc / ctr + alt + delete the screen becomes gray/black with only the mouse on it. You can move the mouse/pointer but not do anything else than restart your computer. (alt + f4 does also not work)

One thing i have noticed is that if i exit the launcher once Arma 3 is launched, my computer doesn't "crash" but just the game itself..

I have also googled this error, i saw a lot of people also having this issue, but it was from 2015 mostly. And none of the tips fixed the issue  :blink:

Sorry for the bad English & stuffs, but yeah. 

Anyone else have this error or have a solution? Thanks!  :(  :)

Hi I was having a similar problem, and so was someone else, and I posted this in their thread. Any chance you can provide more details or your own log files?

If you don't know where to find your report files, you can usually type %APPDATA% in the top directory path selection area in my computer or file explorer.

It may take you to AppData/Roaming, but the files you are looking for are in AppData/Local They will be in AppData/Local/Arma 3 and should have a date and timestamp on them and end in .rpt.

These files can be fairly large, so you may want to host it on an external service, or use the code tag. (Which looks like <> on the forum reply page)

like this

If you're able to get to ARMA 3's crash notice, it can automatically save a zip file for you that contains this report as well as other information that is helpful when solving these kind of problems.

Here's what I did to fix my own problem which sounds similar to yours:

Am I correct in assuming that you are getting a 0xC0000005  error code?

Was there any sort of consistency to when the crashes happened? I had similar issues when I was trying to import an old 2d editor mission into EDEN.

It appeared to be caused by trying to load "protected" (scope 1) class names outside of their scope. In this particular mission, we had a few animals and when I removed them I was able to import the mission into the 3D EDEN editor.

I was able to cause the same 0xC0000005 error by renaming the "type" attribute of one of the units to the class names I removed before.

For example, I removed the units with attribute: vehicle="Fin_random_F (dogs) and that solved the problem.

The 2D editor was able to handle the mission fine, and the mission loaded fine in the actual game, but I can't remember if the animals were there for sure or not.

I noticed in your posted report files that it appears to be loading references to the animal class names, so you might be having the same problem as me.

I found Turtle_F, Rabbit_F and Dog_F at least when trying to load the mission "grandtheftarma_live_s1" on Altis

As you can see in this listing, all the animals have a scope of ("1")

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_CfgVehicles_CIV

Here's some details on scope and how it is handled in ARMA.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/CfgVehicles_Config_Reference#scope

I would remove those animals from the mission and see if that helps.

I believe this exception being thrown is intended by design, but I don't believe EDEN has "graceful" handling for it that would just prevent the mission from being loaded/imported so it terminates the whole program

This is what I got from support ticket:-However I fixed by uninstalling my 32bit operating system and installing 64  

​please try clean reinstallation of Arma 3:

1. Uninstall the game.
2. Make a backup of Arma 3 folder in Documents.
3. Delete both Arma 3 folders in Documents and Steam:

\Users\*YOUR USERNAME*\Documents\Arma 3

\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3

4. Reboot your PC.
5. Run Steam as Admin, download the game.
6. Try to run Arma 3 (without mods).

This should fix your issue.

This is what I got from support ticket:-However I fixed by uninstalling my 32bit operating system and installing 64  

​please try clean reinstallation of Arma 3:

1. Uninstall the game.

2. Make a backup of Arma 3 folder in Documents.

3. Delete both Arma 3 folders in Documents and Steam:

\Users\*YOUR USERNAME*\Documents\Arma 3

\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3

4. Reboot your PC.

5. Run Steam as Admin, download the game.

6. Try to run Arma 3 (without mods).

This should fix your issue.

What if you already have 64 Bit? 

Hello,

Since last update on 31 march 2016 players are getting memory crashes when hitting the esc button..

All of our players are complaining on it is there anyway that it can be fixed?

Sorry for posting this here since i cant create new threads..

Hope some1 got the fix, Thx alot:)

Server: Esseker Exile

Mods:

• All In Arma Terrain Pack Lite 1.4.1
  • Exile Mod
  • Esseker Map
  • Ryans Zombies & Demons
  • ASDG_Joint Rails
  • CBA_A3
  • CUP Weapons
  • CUP Units
  • CUP Vehicles
  • NATO Rus Vehicles (@Mas Vehicles)
  • NATO Rus Weapons (@Mas Weapons)
  • TRYK's Multi-Play Uniform's Pack
  • DonkeyPuncheD_Exile_Addon_Mod       (For whitelisted servers only, we got whitelisted for this one)

Greetings, Sillyguy

Has there been a viable solution for the memory read/write crashing? Back in 1.64 I managed to reduce the number of said crashes to 1 in 2-3h. I recently got back to the game, and no matter which 1.66 profiling build that I try, the game randomly crashes within 5 - 40min of joining a server. I play Exile mostly.