Update 19August2016:
Ready to prep for an initial release. I've tested the vehicle in the Editor and Virtual Garage. It has come along nicely:

Suspension is working.

Lights are great.

Shadows look nice.

LODs transition really well.
8 randomized colors.

There are some minor adjustments needed:

Instruments aren't aligned to actual value, especially the speedo.
No firegeom LOD.
Using a stock Driver animation, so hands and feet are a little off.
Could benefit from a little more texture detail.

I'd like to eventually implement a few more extra details - like door animations and whatnot.

No passenger positions in truck bed, yet.

Apart from the few known issues it's good for an initial release if people want to start playing with it, so what's my next step to release it? I know it's not protected, so what files do I need to create, and how do I do that? Any help, guidance, encouragement is much appreciated!

Update 20July2016:
Most major issues are reasonably resolved, although things are far from perfect. Currently, the movement and animations of the vehicle are more refined - not at all to a match with real life performance, but at least giving a better illusion that this is a functional vehicle. The textures are getting better - more detailed and less texelized (patches of 4 pixels blocking together after optimizing). The lights function well, and I dare say the exterior lights look far better than the vanilla vehicles' lights (except where there is over-exposure on the grille from the two headlights merging). The suspension and steering could be better, but they function well. I need to tighten the turn radius of the whole LM002, but also lessen the turn angle of the individual steer wheels. For suspension there are a few things that I'd really love to accomplish...

The named selections for all the suspension functions are named correctly, and the tire sizes match so that the tires are not floating/sinking. I've assigned certain suspension pieces such that there *sort of* an appearance of working parts, but really they are just flexing and stretching - something that rigid mechanical parts don't usually do. If you're focused on the game and not looking too hard, it'll be fine for peripheral animation. Should there ever be a raised suspension version of this vehicle (or any other vehicle), then this method would be far more noticeable. I still wonder if there is another way...

Here is the same initial YouTube video going over the old problems, most of which have been resolved: LM002 WIP

Meanwhile, here's a preview pic in-game:
20160718141143_1_by_rooster3d-daaqrao.jp

• Like 2

Care to elaborate on what the issues actually are? At the very least just post the link to the video...

• Like 1

Care to elaborate on what the issues actually are? At the very least just post the link to the video...

Ok. I put that link in the first post.

Here's the overview of what it talks about:

wheel contact

performance on tarmac and terrain

driver hand position

dashboard instruments

EDIT: I should have mentioned in the video that my memory points are in good position, although it might seem visibly otherwise. That goes for the wheel_x_x_bounds in the memory LOD and wheel_x_x_damper in the land contact LOD.

Some updates of progress, but still not resolved. See first post edit.

Side note: 8 Random paint jobs are now working: Gray, Red, Blue, Yellow, White, Black, and 2 special designs. YAY!

It's time for an initial release, but I need help. Details in first post.