Sign in to follow this  
vurelo

Why some scripts works pretty good in some missions and in others don't?

Why some scripts works pretty good in some missions and in others don't? i download a script and put him in a coop mission that i have made, worked perfectly. Now, i put the same script in other coop mission, https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/163606-takistan-insurgency-development-phase/, and dosen't work!! no need to put anything in description.exe and init.sqf, only two triggers. Anyone have a idea how i can make this script works?

resolved!!

Hello guys!
Maybe this isnt a right topic for my question, but I dont find more relevant than this. I maded a mission in editor using scripts. I made a dialogue between the soldiers, and an intro text, when the mission start. It works perfectly in editor, BUT after I export to SP mission, it says: text1.sqf not found. After that, the mission doesnt show the content of the other scripts too, however, i got only error massage about this  one (text1.sqf).

I used a trigger what activate the intro, on act field i wrote:

_y1=execVM "Text1.sqf"

And I used an another trigger, with the following command in the on act field:

nul=[] execVM "chat1.sqf"

This start the converstaion between the soldiers at the beginnning. And, another trigger responsible for plaing music when the mission start. I used this code:

PlayMusic "music1";

All of those trigger is activated by bluefor, at the present, once. Our team spawn in the middle of those trigger.

So my question is, how can I modify my scripts, to make it able to work in Single Player mission? Where i comitted a mistake, what do I did wrong? I spend a lot of hours to make this mission, and I dont want to waste it. Any tipps and help is well appreciated.

you might need to post your scripts involved. trigger,description and what ever else.  

class CfgMusic
    {
 // List of sounds (.ogg files without the .ogg extension)
 sounds[] = {PLACEHOLDER,SABBATH};

// Definition for each sound
 class PLACEHOLDER
 {
  name = "PLACEHOLDER";
  sound[] = {Audio\Music\PLACEHOLDER.ogg, db+0, 1.0};
  titles[] = {0, ""};
 };
  class SABBATH
 {
  name="SABBATH";
  sound[]={"sound\10_Under_The_Sun.ogg",1.0,1.0,1};
  titles[]={};
 };
  };

in a script/trigger I put

playMusic "SABBATH";

sleep 30;
  5 fadeMusic 0;

theres a lot a ways to do this.. so please post what you have

I have the following in my description.ext, but it is responsible only for the sound or music. But the texts of the dialogue wont show up too.

class CfgMusic
{
 tracks[]={};

class music1
{
name = "music1";
sound[] = {"\music\music1.ogg", db+10, 1.0};
};
};

I noticed something about the game saving. In the editor I try the mission, and when I want to load my saved game what I produce during the mission, it says "its a downloadable content" error, and take me to the start of the mission (not to my saved location). ANd when the mission start again, it says the same text1.sqf not found error in the editor too. So, i need to log out from Eden editor, and log in back again, and after that the mission (inside the editor) work again. 

Im very confused now.

1. open ur windows explorer

2. paste this in its adress line and press enter:

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Arma 3
3. open the latest .rpt file

4. copy all error messages from the end of that file

5. paste it in ur next post.