zeealex

Zee - M107 - announcement

well as luck would have it I actually need to make an M110 SASS for a game dev, so I can certainly sort that out :)

No way! thats awesome Zee.I look forward to it. Can you tell us what Dev?Or are you sworn to secrecy?

I'd love to see more classic bolt action sniper rifles. So lots of wood furniture. Hell, it might be out there but have you considered a lever action sniper rifle? It's totally different from arma's near future setting (and RHS' contemporary setting), so 19th century weapons in general might offer some possible projects.

• Like 1

DSR classname: rhs_weap_dsr1

Okay guys, I have a question:

I'm stuck for another rifle to do, a couple of guys have given me suggestions and commissions which i'm eager to do, but out of practice presently, and i wanna hear the wider point of view of where next to go with this addon

1) Do I keep this as a sniper pack and focus solely on sniper rifles?

2) if yes, what sniper rifle would you like me to do next? please bear in mind an M40 is already on the cards seeing as it's basically just a simple modification of the M24 stock (this won't be the RHS M40)

3) if no, should i do the ACR, or the SCAR series?

I wanna do rifles that we've not had before in Arma 3, rifles that people want but haven't seen yet and break off from RHS projects a little, so you guys get rifles exclusive to the pack, so please let me know what you think!

if the majority of people answer yes to 1) expect a standalone assault rifle pack too. 

I would appreciate more sniper rifles. I always wanted to see a McMillan CS5 which is very unique and was never made in Arma (I think). I never saw the SV-98 in arma - in general a russian bolt action sniper also  :huh: .

And if you're going to create a standalone assault rifle pack please don't do the ACR / SCAR because the SMA mod includes them both already with a high quality and I think toadie is going to create also ACRs and SCARs in the near future. (Modern) Russian assault rifles on the other side lack a bit in A3. An tactical AK74/AK47 for example would be cool or a Vityaz-SN or a ADS but that's another point that can be discussed when you decide to create a assault rifle pack. :D

But thats enough for what I want -  I wanted to thank you for the awesome sniper rifles we already got from you at this point! :)

• Like 2

I'd love to see more classic bolt action sniper rifles. So lots of wood furniture. Hell, it might be out there but have you considered a lever action sniper rifle? It's totally different from arma's near future setting (and RHS' contemporary setting), so 19th century weapons in general might offer some possible projects.

outta the box! i like it! :D

Can you tell us what Dev?

Blackfoot studios, indie dev making a game based on the CIA special activities division, been wanting to modify their head models for a while... *Identizee intensifies*

Hmm, SV98 looks fun and the CS5 looks pretty easy (this is the part where i cry throughout the entirety of the making of it) :P

• Like 3

I like the sass too. Would just love to see some new stuff :)

Mmmmmmm spiral fluted barrel

PGW coyote

images-2_zps1x7oefh9.jpg

• Like 2

outta the box! i like it! :D

Blackfoot studios, indie dev making a game based on the CIA special activities division, been wanting to modify their head models for a while... *Identizee intensifies*

Ground branch? Thats from the old Rainbow 6 (the good pre lockdown ones), isnt it?

Also, if you want different, check this baby out (colt model 1855 with 'scope')

Three-TenColtRifle-2.jpg

• Like 1

Ground branch? Thats from the old Rainbow 6 (the good pre lockdown ones), isnt it?

It is indeed and now we have Zee onboard its got more talent added to the ranks :)

• Like 3

It is indeed and now we have Zee onboard its got more talent added to the ranks :)

Sweet. It has been too long since Raven Shield. Now all we need is a proper SWAT 5, but I digress.

• Like 2

now we have Zee onboard its got more talent added to the ranks

and a certain big ass rifle, we hope... (here's to hoping there's no NDA somewhere)

that 1895 rifle with scope looks hilarious, but so badass, i might make a steampunk version :P

• Like 2

I'd love a high quality ACR and SCAR (those are some rifles RHS/the community is missing). Yes i am aware some weaponpacks have them, but those are just basic A2 ports, and not Zeealex type detail and HQ level of models, so i vote for ACR and SCAR (as there are already alot of sniper rifles out there aswell :P ).

Anyway, keep the good work up Zee!

• Like 2

what am i not doing right ive tried this addweapon rhs_weap_dsr1 in the init but its not working i know its bound to be a simple mistake my end.

Ignore that sorted now 

What did you change? I can't get this to work :)

this addweapon "rhs_weap_dsr1";

The " :)

• Like 2

this addweapon "rhs_weap_dsr1";

The " :)

I must be tired...I forgot the "this"

• Like 1

I'd definitely say stick with sniper rifles. Just because right now, there's a lot of modders working on Assault Rifles, for example Toadie is currently working on his ACR, and the SCARs look like they're going to win to next voting cycle, and as and end user I'd rather be getting two separate weapons from super talented modders, then have those two modders make the same weapon, forcing me to choose whose interpretation I'm going to use.  As far as which sniper rifle, I'd definitely like to see a MK 13 Mod 5, or failing that a TAC-338. Another thing I'd like to see, and I know this isn't a weapon, but I'd really like an Optics pack, not just Sniper Scopes, but more close range options as well. Since IanSky went missing, there's no project working on high quality standalone Optics.        

• Like 5

I did what Jeza said sometimes im in such a rush i over look such a simple thing. I really like the dsr had a quick play with it will give it a proper test later. :)   

M110 and Mk. 20 SSR would be epic.  Also an MSR.

As for the ACR vs SCAR debate, I would have to go SCAR as well.  Perhaps with some aftermarket goodies like the PWS rail extension.

(Also the smiley face sticker on the M107 made me giggle.  Excellent touch.)

• Like 1

Plus 1 for the PSG series. Lovely looking even if more modern stuff is better. Being British I'm super happy to see anything that we could adapt to an Op - what about the L42A1 https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/L42A1 another good example of retro. And would be perfect for Falklands scenarios.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Superb work!!!

You mind telling us the classname for the 300er mags for the DSR ?

the DSR-1 uses the following mags
rhsusf_5Rnd_762x51_m118_special_Mag

rhsusf_5Rnd_762x51_m993_Mag

rhsusf_5Rnd_762x51_m62_Mag

thanks for your feedback guys, i'll definitely see about doing some of these!

• Like 3

i keep forgetting i need to make a tacticool MIRS M24... 

• Like 1

i keep forgetting i need to make a tacticool MIRS M24... 

Indeed. And the M24A2 can take a suppressor...just saying ;)

• Like 2

The MK 13 Mod 5 is based on the Remington 700 action and also mounts a suppressor.  ;)

I was away for about two weeks, so i just had the chance to try your M24 yesterday.

What can I say? I would marry that rifle... The passion and love you've put in your work is felt whenever I touch it, whenever my hands hug that lovely, sweet creature.

But, honestly, it's your warm hug that's felt whenever we look at your rifle, whenever we realize you're still there, still struggling and suffering and crafting endlessly. Still making our dreams turn true, still whispering to solve infinite problems, still fighting insomnia and tears, tiredness and pain, still filling the obnoxious emptiness of the game we all love. You're still there providing us with food, jewels and water, gold, platinum, diamonds and positivity. You gave birth to another fabulous child, an holy, accurate weapon that was extremely needed... The model and textures are perfect, godlike quality work from you.

My heart thanks you again, Zee.

• Like 2

Thank you, dnl04, it's always a pleasure to know how appreciated my work is, and your poetic way of saying it is so incredible it warms my heart :)

I'll be working on Muzzle attachments for my babies and varying barrel lengths for the DSR today, so you'll get your suppressors people! :P

oh and Mk13 MOD0 is the R700 based on the AICS isn't it? in which case that and the L96 are on the cards. 

I'll brief you all on projected expansions later today

Peace and love!

zee

• Like 6

Sweet looking forward to the Mk13 and the L96. Glad to hear you are going to continue on the sniper rifles Zee   :)  

Are there any plans to add a Desert camo verson of the M24?  

• Like 1