zeealex

Zee - M107 - announcement

Hiya Guys long time no see! :D

I'd like to present to you a WIP standalone project currently being worked on and nearing completion: the M107 LRSR/SASR

you may have seen a similar model on the RHS facebook page, well, it's exactly the same model, but wait! don't panic! I made the model and textured it, and I've been informed I'm free to release my works standalone as and when :) I wanted to release the M107 standalone for those who just want an M107 without having to download 2gb of files, even though RHS is FREAKING AWESOME, not everyone has amazeballs internet. It also means I can really go to work on the textures and add a lot of camo variations, comedic twists and extra accessories over time, without fear of clogging up or going off scope in an otherwise pretty conservative addon. 

The M107 pack may be the entry point of a new sniper rifles pack too, provided I can get long term support from the gang, there's an AMP DSR-1 in the works, I'll post WIP's below and I'll see what you guys think about expanding the addon.

Basically all it is that needs doing is the config and a few extra camos, I've had to call in support from my good friend MistyRonin and reyhard, because they're awesome at configs aaand I really suck :P

Features: 
M107

-Well, the rifle might help at this point
-Deployable Bipod and animated backup sights

-Compatibility with vanilla and Addon scopes

-A Variety of Camouflage patterns available from the get go
-Customizable with base textures and wear templates provided as necessary
-Oh yeah, did I mention the barrel recoils?!

NOTE: Premier scope in the renders will be available only with RHS: USAF and isn't part of the pack as of yet, it is mine, but I didn't wanna yank the whole thing out and release it all standalone

DSR
- The Rifle
- Urban, Woodland and Desert Paint schemes
- Suppressor
- Deployable Bipod

Credits so far:
MistyRonin - configs
Reyhard - configs
RHS in general - putting up with me and more to the point helping me get this damn far. 

Wilco and the muhreen coorrps - References

Renders (REALLY high res, sorry):

marmo_pp_by_zeealex-d9w6mp5.jpg

alex-colburn-screenshot117.jpg?146351428

alex-colburn-screenshot120.jpg?146351439

(NSFW)
m107___anythings_a_d_ldo_if_you_re_brave

screenshot006_by_zeealex-d9un9wn.png

In Engine (RHS config)

m107_action_shot_by_zeealex-d9w6nf6.jpg

AMP DSR-1:

screenshot245_by_zeealex-daar6h8.png
screenshot246_by_zeealex-daar6lq.png

M24:

m24_sws_by_zeealex-da3e9pc.jpg

Projected Extensions:

Weapons:

M110 + suppressor
Mk13 MOD 0/L96 + suppressor
Cutsom M14 with VLTOR stock and full side rails. 
H+K PSG-1
Stripped DSR + suppressor
DSR Long Barrel
Barrett M82 pre A1 (with raised short rail and round muzzle brake)
Barrett M99
Barrett M107A1
Custom M24
OBR SM Tarnow Bor - A Polish 7.62mm Bullpup Sniper rifle with a full free floating barrel - also called ALEX

Scopes:

Premier Heritige 5-25x/M8541A SSDS 
Tangent Theta 5-25x
Leupold Mk6 6x
AN PAS 13C Heavy
AN PVS 10
AN PVS 27

Thanks!

zee

• Like 33

Nice work,

What's the excact polycount on the m82 and the texture sheet size? just out of curiosity..

I also had habituate the Barrett to be accompanied by a Leupold Mark 4 but the NXS scope looks good also.

You just made me thing the days i was working on my M95, pff just those days!

thanks! the point count is 8,126, with slightly more on the one with a cloth wrap around it, face count is 8,649 :)

I was working from USMC photos and they used a premier heritige 5-25x 56mm scope, so I just made that one XD I can make a mk4 for sure :)

you worked on an M95? dapper!

Holy crap! That looks amazing, cant wait to pop heads at range with that beast 

• Like 3

Will there be different hand placement animations for the M107 or is that too advanced for Arma? I know you can hold it differently in the first picture but I think it looks cool like this. For example these pictures:

hqdefault.jpg

39764.jpg

• Like 2

Oh baby! Look at that thing! I have been using the one ported from Arma2 in Massi's pack and CUP-but this...this is a whole other level of awesome. Can't wait to hear the boom from this cannon :)

Also-regarding the DSR you mentioned, i would love to see a good version of it in game. Arma could do with a few more lighter marksman rifles than it currently has.

• Like 1

That premier heritage is amazing Zeealex. .. those are very very nice optics Irl. Would love to see a tangent theta from you one day :)

OH.  MY.  GOD.  This is AMAAAAAAAAAAAZING.

Also yes +1 for the DSR.

This is simply amazing !!!!

Am I wrong, or in the forth picture...that's a Krytek camo ?? Wow, can't wait to see this. I'll probably use the RHS version though as those mods are must-have for me.

I'm brave enough too....

Great job Zee, I felt you were working on something !!! it's so great to have you back :dancered:  !!

It's nice to have premier heritige (M8541A)scope :) 

most of USMC M110 use this scope.

Nice work Zee and also interesting idea
now about those suggestions :

- do you plan to do all 3 DSR variants?

- do you plan doing the Barrett M95 and the "famous" XM109?

thanks and good luck with your project :)

• Like 1

Hey guys, sorry for the late reply.

Thank you all very much for the kind words! I appreciate them a lot! :)

With regards to handanim, I would have to ask a scripting guru, but it may be possible to strongarm it into a script.

@malcom hey buddy! Thanks! It's been a while, it's not kryptek it's actually a blurred M81 camo with snake skin overlayed on top :)

I can definitely look into the DSR variants and the two Barretts for sure no promises! :)

Now, unfortunately the PC died, again... Wooo, not, the hard drives, I think, are salvageable, so data loss should be minimal. However I've just had to fork out over £450 for parts, if anyone has it in their hearts to donate to a broke student like me to help foot the bill, please do, I'd appreciate it very much, however theres no major pressure on anyone to do so, I hate begging at the best of times but this kinda punched me in the face a little.

The PC shouldn't affect the release of the M107 as I thankfully have the raw files on an EHDD, and the config will take a while, you will certainly have it in the next RHSUSF version, however I can't say with certainty about the DSR.

• Like 1

Fantastic work Zeealex, they both look amazing, cant wait for these to come out!

Keep it up!

• Like 1

Agreed that DSR-1 is nice...

Could we get the Silenced version?  Pretty cool and usefull ingame...

Awesome, so when I'm back in action, I'll get that DSR done up and ready.

I can certainly see about a silencer for sure, it would mean the muzzle has to be configured differently

Could we get the Silenced version?  Pretty cool and usefull ingame...

I doubt a Suppressed M107 would be very useful, it's still an incredibly loud gun. In real life the main reason you'd suppress a 50 would be for user comfort, it's still not anywhere near "Silenced".    

I doubt a Suppressed M107 would be very useful, it's still an incredibly loud gun. In real life the main reason you'd suppress a 50 would be for user comfort, it's still not anywhere near "Silenced".    

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndbfj-Jk0To

There's this little thing called a sonic boom that means that no matter how matter what you do at the muzzle end, the sound of that .50 BMG flying through the air at 2,800 fps is going to make a sound that makes it very clear that someone is sending rounds your way. Again useful for a civilian shooter, but in terms of an actual battlefield, it's not making a whole lot of difference. Further, you don't get a good idea of how loud a weapon is from a camera microphone, you'd need to see a decibel readout, and they're not going to give you one on their marketing video. The M107 is a decidedly unsneaky weapon.

To add a little more, there are basically three components to the sound of a firearm.  First, the actual report of the gun caused by gas being released from the barrell.  This is a "boom" or "crack" sound.  This sound is very loud near the fired gun, and falls off following the inverse square law the further you get away.  At even 20 yards or so it's not all that loud. (For most guns)

The bullet passing through the air makes one or two additional sounds.  First, if the bullet is supersonic, it will create a sonic boom...  This isn't really a boom, however, it's more like a 'crack' or 'snap' sound.  The other sound is a sort of buzzing sound, often compared to an angry bee.  If you hear this, you are probably in trouble.

It will entirely depend on the type of ammo used...