Greenfist

ReColor - post process effects mod

I tried this but I don't have any presets. Do I have to make my own or are there some included? There is no userconfig file so I cannot tell.

Not a single one? The menu is completely empty?

Did you get any errors when you opened the settings?

There should be a few default presets which are saved to your profile. So no separate config file.

Could you try resetting them by ctrl+alt+clicking the restore button in the tools menu?

Can you check or post your RPT log file?

@Greenfist

Only just noticed this addon, installed it and it's really good mate. Took me a while to find the little button as your first post said bottom right but on my screen it was almost top right. Spotted it in the end. Excellent job!  ;)

@Greenfist

Only just noticed this addon, installed it and it's really good mate. Took me a while to find the little button as your first post said bottom right but on my screen it was almost top right. Spotted it in the end. Excellent job!  ;)

Thanks!

And yeah, the button automatically moves to an alternative position at the top right corner if there's some other mod's dialog in its primary place. :D

• Like 1

I haven't yet compared the utility/interaction of the scripted colour corrections with the new global Brightness/Contrast/Saturation sliders but with all the diverse opinions about the Visual Upgrade ReColor could now be doubly useful if you were to add an option to save a preset as either a global default or a default for just the current worldName (yielding per-environment tweaking).

Is there a way to disable the Recolor icon in the corner of the screen when in screenshot mode? It seems that it appears semi-randomly when using the ingame Splendid Camera. 

I haven't yet compared the utility/interaction of the scripted colour corrections with the new global Brightness/Contrast/Saturation sliders but with all the diverse opinions about the Visual Upgrade ReColor could now be doubly useful if you were to add an option to save a preset as either a global default or a default for just the current worldName (yielding per-environment tweaking).

You mean it for situations where you'd first use one slightly edited preset in some specific environment, like higher brightness at night, then you start another mission at daytime, and the mod would enable the default instead of the last used?

That might be handy actually. Also the map specific default, which was very obvious to me after playing on Tanoa - my Altis presets didn't fit it all.

One note about combining ReColor and vanilla sliders: if you set the stock saturation really low, and then the ReColor colorize alpha (=Saturation) high, you can get some interesting results with the last three RGB sliders which control the luminosity per channel. Like making only the blue skies darker.

I don't know if this produces a better image though.

Is there a way to disable the Recolor icon in the corner of the screen when in screenshot mode? It seems that it appears semi-randomly when using the ingame Splendid Camera. 

I believe it's caused by a small delay when the icon is enabled after opening the camera. So if you hide the interface camera immediately, the icon shows up late and gets confused whether he should be visible or not.

I'll make it more bulletproof in the next update.

• Like 1

That might be handy actually. Also the map specific default, which was very obvious to me after playing on Tanoa - my Altis presets didn't fit it all.

Yeah basically. For me Tanoa is too saturated (to the point of being garish), I find it looks more natural with the Saturation slider around 90 but that's not a setting that works for Altis.

This mod saved the day for me because I don't really like the default new lighting .

I use the mediterranean filter because it makes the jungle in Tanoa look better and more realistic.

So thank you for your work and the mod :)

• Like 1

Hey guys.

I was just wondering:

What are the presets or custom set you use with this mod?

Can you also add a pic to illustrate your set?

Thanks

Hey greenfist, could you add an additional export function: "export code"? I.e., you simply put ready to use code into clipboard...

I think the commands like ppEffectEnable are not easy to understand, so @Recolor would be very helpful in spitting out code for mission makers and modders... we could e.g. use in init lines of missions, or in the debug console. What do you think?

Hey greenfist, could you add an additional export function: "export code"? I.e., you simply put ready to use code into clipboard...

I think the commands like ppEffectEnable are not easy to understand, so @Recolor would be very helpful in spitting out code for mission makers and modders... we could e.g. use in init lines of missions, or in the debug console. What do you think?

I have just the thing for you! Check out my ppeffect editor. :)

I don't think I'll be adding that functionality to reColor.

• Like 1

If it was in Recolor, we could do our color corrections in the editor preview and instantly apply after return to editor; options are good :) However, this is already a great helper, thanks very much. In that mission file, you should open the debug console, it was the first thing I wanted to do... checking the code which is in clipboard...

I have just the thing for you! Check out my ppeffect editor. :)

I don't think I'll be adding that functionality to reColor.

No problem, I wrote a function which gets your export string as an argument and applies pp fx accordingly.

Another question: If a mission maker already made pp settings, recolor stacks its settings on top. Are you maybe able to read the existing fx and set them as initial settings in your recolor GUI?

But I guess you already thought about it and ArmA does not have the commands...

Another question: If a mission maker already made pp settings, recolor stacks its settings on top. Are you maybe able to read the existing fx and set them as initial settings in your recolor GUI?

But I guess you already thought about it and ArmA does not have the commands...

If I recall correctly, there's no way to get the settings of a existing effect.

I wonder if the editor could be made into a 3den extension...

• Like 1

I don't think it's an understatement to say that this mod has saved Arma 3 for me. Despite perseverance and lots of tweaking of the gamma, contrast, saturation etc I haven't been able to get on good terms with the BIS visual update and it constantly frustrated me. Having tried ReColor I find that the RC Cool preset is a vast improvement to my eyes, resulting in a colourful but not overly saturated look and with a more natural balance - especially with the blues of the sky and water. So thanks very much Greenfist!

Is there a way to apply a preset to the visuals in the 3d editor as well, or can this be done manually by copying the values somewhere? 

Is there a way to apply a preset to the visuals in the 3d editor as well, or can this be done manually by copying the values somewhere?

Here is my solution for this. I wanted to use per mission coloring.

1. You do the tuning  in recolor.

2. If you found your setting, export recolor code to clipboard - don't forget to turn off recolor effects ("None"), because they stack up!

3. For your mission, put the below code into a game logic (or whatever init field). You can save that game logic as composition for later use.

Your Recolor preset which is in the clipboard goes ***HERE***:

0 = [***HERE***] spawn
Full code example, here you see the coloring I use for Chernarus and ArmA 2 feeling:

0 = ["ArmA 2",1,1,0,0,0,0,0,0.93,0.9,0.99,0.75,0.5,0.25,0.25,0,0,0.5,0,0.2,0.1] spawn
{
   PP_colorC = ppEffectCreate ["ColorCorrections",1500];
   PP_colorC ppEffectEnable true;
   PP_colorC ppEffectAdjust [_this select 1, _this select 2, _this select 3,
                            [_this select 4, _this select 5, _this select 6, _this select 7],
                            [_this select 8, _this select 9, _this select 10, _this select 11],
                            [_this select 12, _this select 13, _this select 14, _this select 15],
                            [_this select 16, _this select 17, _this select 18, _this select 19, _this select 20, 0,4]];
   PP_colorC ppEffectCommit 0;
};
From inside a mission, if you have a debug window, you can disable the effect with

PP_colorC ppEffectEnable false; PP_colorC ppEffectCommit 0;

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the guidance tortuosit.

Do you know if there is a way to apply the recolor globally so that it affects the colours in the Eden editor as well as in missions? I was wondering if it could be done in the Colors tab in Game settings but the settings you can change are different to those that Recolor adds.

Thanks for the guidance tortuosit.

Do you know if there is a way to apply the recolor globally so that it affects the colours in the Eden editor as well as in missions? I was wondering if it could be done in the Colors tab in Game settings but the settings you can change are different to those that Recolor adds.

The mod creates the effects at the mission start, so they don't exist in the editor before previewing. But if I remember correctly, you can still manully create them from the editor console by executing the command in tortuosit's example.

The mod creates the effects at the mission start, so they don't exist in the editor before previewing. But if I remember correctly, you can still manully create them from the editor console by executing the command in tortuosit's example.

Ah ok great, thank you.

find today

recolor broke 99% RHS russian tanks and APC

Arma 1.64/ @cba @RHSAFRF @RHSUSF @GF_ReColor

a8f9827af215.jpg

a45e182a71b8.jpg

find today

recolor broke 99% RHS russian tanks and APC

You must mean some NV and thermal viewmodes on RHS?

I took a quick look but couldn't find the conflict. I'll investigate more soon.

Thanks for reporting it.

You must mean some NV and thermal viewmodes on RHS?

I took a quick look but couldn't find the conflict. I'll investigate more soon.

Thanks for reporting it.

no. it happened in any  zoom mode(Day  nv  thermal). in any position-driver>comander e.t.c

make some tests. it happened when i use  your  default presets

only  " Realism" preset not broke rhs tanks sights 

I loved East Wind preset(

87e9bf88fc82.jpg

sammael does this issue only affect Russian vehicles or US ones too?