Greenfist

ReColor - post process effects mod

sammael does this issue only affect Russian vehicles or US ones too?

I must run some tests today

Man I've lost some serious hours using this mod.....(no regrets!)

Vanilla....

dZBJTjn.jpg

Recolor preset....

WZvMmSP.jpg

"EO_Real_3",0.8,0.72,-0.06,0,0,0,-1,2,2,2,1.07,-4,2.47,2.53,0,0,1,1,0,1

This works well in dawn till dusk missions......nighttime?, forget about it!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Even your vanilla shot looks way different to mine. 
Care to share your standard settings? I assume you've dropped your saturation etc?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JD Wang said:

Even your vanilla shot looks way different to mine. 
Care to share your standard settings? I assume you've dropped your saturation etc?

My first thought as well, it's desaturated a lot.

I'm kind of torn regarding desat. Overall I like the terrain and objects to be more desaturated but things like the sky and water may be more colorful. Unfortunately not doable with the standard settings.

13 minutes ago, JD Wang said:

B=103

C=102

S=67

+ one calibrated monitor (should never be overlooked) using i1Display Pro. :f:

• Thanks 1

Thanks I'll give that a try tonight.

@Evil Organ

Really enjoying your EO_Real_3 for Malden and Altis.
Do you have any more presets you wouldn't mind sharing?

On 06/08/2017 at 3:21 AM, JD Wang said:

Really enjoying your EO_Real_3 for Malden and Altis.
Do you have any more presets you wouldn't mind sharing?

Sure, I'm enjoying this one at the moment.....

"EO_Real_4",0.94,0.84,0.09,1,1,1,-0.22,-1.94,-1.03,2,1.09,-0.31,-0.27,1.58,0,0,1,1,0,1

• Like 6

Well color me surprised - an update!

• Fixed a conflict with optics on some mods, e.g. RHS.
  • Added the settings dialog to Eden editor tools.
    (doesn't add the effect to the mission automatically)
  • The currently active preset now activates in the Eden editor too, not only in mission.
  • The export function now includes a script you can run in your mission to create the post process effect.
  • Button in the ESC menu now moves to a bit better position when there's some other mod blocking its position.
  • Button in the Splendid Camera mode should disappear more reliably when the interface is hidden.
  • Some minor changes I can't remember because it's been a year since I last touched this mod.
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Greenfist said:

Well color me surprised - an update!

• The export function now includes a script you can run in your mission to create the post process effect

Extremely useful. ^^  :rthumb:

Thanks for the update Greenfist.....ReColor is as mandatory as early morning porridge! 

Greenfist Hi ! Thank you for an update!

If you remember me, i was those annoying one who's actually inspired you to create this MOD:drinking2:

Maybe you forgot...  you promised me to add Chromatic Aberration controls to this MOD in our private conversation...

I'm still waiting for it :down:

Tried to do it by myself... but have no success ...:icon_cry:

Maybe you can add this one little, small, tinny... slider ... to make one more man on this planet happy ??? :hyper:

Please ... :help:

20 minutes ago, boombastic said:

Greenfist Hi ! Thank you for an update!

If you remember me, i was those annoying one who's actually inspired you to create this MOD:drinking2:

Maybe you forgot...  you promised me to add Chromatic Aberration controls to this MOD in our private conversation...

I'm still waiting for it :down:

Tried to do it by myself... but have no success ...:icon_cry:

Maybe you can add this one little, small, tinny... slider ... to make one more man on this planet happy ??? :hyper:

Please ... :help:

Hi boombastic! No I haven't forgotten you, and want to thank you again for the inspiration and the little kick. :)

But as you might remember, I pretty much dropped any further development when Arma's visual update came along, since the game already looked quite good in my eyes even without ReColor.

The latest update, after a year and a half break, had only tiny tweaks whereas adding a new effect would require a bit more work. Not just two additional sliders, but handling it throughout the whole internals of the mod.

I'm really sorry for letting you down. And while I can't promise to add the CA, I will take another look at it soon for sure.

Hey Greenfist,

being an avid RAVAGE player, I did ofc want to try your mod.  But even after the last update, the Recolor button doesn't do anything for in my game.  It starts to hang around in the lower right corner, conflicting with BB's Enhanced Movement Menu.  Then it moves all by itself up to the top left corner, which is great!  I can click the Recolor button now, but no Recolor menu appears. 

1) Is this autonomous moving of the button intended?  Sound like it in the changelog, but I want to be sure...

2) Is there any known mod conflict that brings recolor to a dead stop?

Kind Regards

tourist

8 hours ago, tourist said:

Hey Greenfist,

being an avid RAVAGE player, I did ofc want to try your mod.  But even after the last update, the Recolor button doesn't do anything for in my game.  It starts to hang around in the lower right corner, conflicting with BB's Enhanced Movement Menu.  Then it moves all by itself up to the top left corner, which is great!  I can click the Recolor button now, but no Recolor menu appears. 

1) Is this autonomous moving of the button intended?  Sound like it in the changelog, but I want to be sure...

2) Is there any known mod conflict that brings recolor to a dead stop?

Kind Regards

tourist

The moving is intentional yes.

I tested the secondary button position before the release and it did work, so there's most likely some new mod conflict with it now... 

I'll check out Ravage and maybe  try to think of some more reliable place for it.

edit.

@tourist  I tested with Ravage and it worked as intended.

Could you list all your active mods? And in what kind of situation the menu doesn't show up; SP/MP, mission etc? Does the button change colors when you hover the mouse over it?

@Greenfist:

THX for offering help so fast! :thumbsup:

I can confirm it works with RAVAGE.  I even managed to get it working with ALL my other mods active, namely Enhanced Movement and Enhanced Visuals by BB, but it's a bit clumsy to access. 

I have to press ESC once, then the RC button appears in the lower right corner of the screen sorta "behind" the EM and, if present, EV menu.  Then I have to press ESC a 2nd (close menu again) & 3rd (re-open menu) time, the RC button jumps to the upper left corner where I can activate it by moving the mouse cursor over it and clicking it.  Then I can click "addon options" in my options menu and the RC menu appears.  I can then load the presets or make my own settings.  So basically it DOES work anyway even with my modset - just a little more user effort needed! :scratchchin::rthumb:

• Thanks 2

Very nice preset!

"EO_Real_3",0.8,0.72,-0.06,0,0,0,-1,2,2,2,1.07,-4,2.47,2.53,0,0,1,1,0,1

• Thanks 1

On 02.10.2016 at 11:34 AM, sammael said:

87e9bf88fc82.jpg

With latest RHS update I got this screen on every Russian tanks with any recolor preset. Even with no preser. Recolor addon when loaded make this bug. Can you please fix this?

Edited

Problem solved . Thank you Greenfist.

46 minutes ago, sammael said:

With latest RHS update I got this screen on every Russian tanks with any recolor preset. Even with no preser. Recolor addon when loaded make this bug. Can you please fix this?

That's probably the same issue which was happening before with RHS. But by the time I got around to fix it, RHS had updated and the bug was already gone. 

If it's the same thing, I'll think I can fix it this weekend.

• Like 2

On 5.10.2018 at 10:31 PM, Greenfist said:

That's probably the same issue which was happening before with RHS. But by the time I got around to fix it, RHS had updated and the bug was already gone. 

If it's the same thing, I'll think I can fix it this weekend.

My bad!

It turned out I had messed up the Dropbox download link in the previous update, and it had been pointing to the old bugged version for months.

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience anyone may had with it.

And thanks sammael for figuring it out for me.

• Like 1