Greenfist

ReColor - post process effects mod

QUtGLfn.jpg

ReColor mod adds a color correction and film grain post process effects to any mission.

Download:
Steam Workshop
Dropbox

Features:
- The effects kick in automatically when you start a mission.
- Fully configurable with the in-game dialog.
- Includes multiple presets provided with the game and the mod.
- Create your own custom presets for every occasion - for different times of day, weather, map, mood etc.
- Import/export presets by copying/pasting a single line

- Export a ready-to-use script to add to a mission
- Works in single and multiplayer.
- No mod dependencies.
- No impact on performance!

Usage instructions:
1. Play a mission.
2. Open the menu by pressing ESC.
3. Click the ReColor button in the bottom right corner to open the settings.
4. Select a preset or modify the default one.
5. Name your preset and click the save button. (OK will also save the current settings)
6. Click OK.

You can also open the settings within the Spendid Camera and 3den editor (Tools menu).

zRsPJse.jpg

jVnqIyV.jpg

Changelog:

Spoiler

v1.20 (December 16,2017):
Fixed a conflict with optics on some mods, e.g. RHS.

Added the settings dialog to Eden editor tools.
(doesn't add the effect to the mission automatically)

The currently active preset now activates in the Eden editor too.
(used to activate only in mission preview)

The export function now includes a script you can run in your mission to create the post process effect

Button in the ESC menu now moves to a bit better position when there's some other mod blocking its position

Button in the camera mod should disappear more reliably when the interface is hidden

Some minor changes I can't remember because it's been a year since I last touched this mod.

v1.10 (April 16,2016):
- importing while in multiplayer is now possible
- added shortcut keys to preview (F2) and hide window (F3) buttons.
- two new default presets added.Use the restore function to add them to the list.
- added a preview for blend color
- multiple tweaks and bug fixes to the settings dialog
v1.05 (March 26,2016):
- added import/export for sharing presets (WIP, but should work)
- the ESC menu button moves to the top corner if there's overlapping mod dialogs
- you can hide the settings window for a better view
- the splendid camera button hides if you disable HUD

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations Greenfist, :clap:

Still love using your PP Effects Editor, looking forward to adding this to my mod-set. 

Nice one. Have been meaning to make an interactive ColourCorrections editor myself but balk at the time required to make and code dialogs. Thanks!

ReColor will only be available in Workshop for now.

I hope you allow it to be uploaded to other locations, as some of us long time BIS players don't use the workshop (including me).

• Like 2

Like this a lot. A couple of suggestions;

- An option to bind a UserNN key to each preset to switch between them without going to the ESC menu.

- Copying/pasting to/from the clipboard as an import/export mechanism so users can easily share presets as a single line of text. Something like;

ReColorV1::[0.95,0.90,0.05,[0.20,0.30,0.45,-0.22],[1.00,1.00,1.25,1.30],[0.15,0.10,0.10,0.00]];

I hope you allow it to be uploaded to other locations, as some of us long time BIS players don't use the workshop (including me).

After a minor rift with Armaholic a while ago, we agreed not to make use of each other's services in the future. But I'm open to all other options soon, when the mod is more "finished".

If you really want to have it right now, you could use WS just enough to make a copy of it for yourself.

Like this a lot. A couple of suggestions;

- An option to bind a UserNN key to each preset to switch between them without going to the ESC menu.

- Copying/pasting to/from the clipboard as an import/export mechanism so users can easily share presets as a single line of text. Something like;

ReColorV1::[0.95,0.90,0.05,[0.20,0.30,0.45,-0.22],[1.00,1.00,1.25,1.30],[0.15,0.10,0.10,0.00]];

My ppEffect editor does export/import like that, and I was already planning to add it in this too.

Keybinds hadn't even crossed my mind. Not sure how useful that would be. I mean, when would one need to switch effects so fast or often?

But I'll consider it anyway, and see if it can be done while still keeping the mod as ultra light as it is.

After a minor rift with Armaholic a while ago, we agreed not to make use of each other's services in the future. But I'm open to all other options soon, when the mod is more "finished".

If you really want to have it right now, you could use WS just enough to make a copy of it for yourself.

I can appreciate and understand that. But unfortunately i don't agree with the Steam EULA so will not use the workshop at all. I hope to see other download links in the future.

Keybinds hadn't even crossed my mind. Not sure how useful that would be. I mean, when would one need to switch effects so fast or often?

Understand, it's a not-insignificant amount of work to implement and as you say has limited gameplay uses. The appeal to me would be in being able to quickly toggle back and forth between options without the dialog showing (and while looking around) as an aid to deciding which preset I think actually works best. Similarly fast comparisons with Reshade/RealLight (which has a key-toggle) to evaluate how closely an in-game colour correction might achieve a comparable result (without the performance cost). Colour corrections (both in-game and via an injector) is something I've been obsessing over lately which is why it came to mind.

ReColor and Enhanced Movement settings tabs are both fighting for the same real estate in the main menu area.......and EM wins the fight.

The only way to activate ReColor when EM is active is through Splendid Camera.

1949CDF4FDC6B544FD2816C7ADCE4B4E1FC4BA61

• Like 1

ReColor and Enhanced Movement settings tabs are both fighting for the same real estate in the main menu area.......and EM wins the fight.

The only way to activate ReColor when EM is active is through Splendid Camera.

Get off my lawn, Bad Benson!

I think I can detect the controls from other mods and move the button if one is overlapping mine. Or at least just move it elsewhere permanently.

I can appreciate and understand that. But unfortunately i don't agree with the Steam EULA so will not use the workshop at all. I hope to see other download links in the future.

A direct download is coming up later this week. Along with the new version probably.

• Like 1

Update 1 (March 26,2016):
- added import/export for sharing presets (WIP, but should work)
- the ESC menu button moves to the top corner if there's overlapping mod dialogs. (I hope there won't be another one there)
- you can hide the settings window for a better view
- the button in Splendid camera hides if you disable HUD for screenshots

- a couple of bugs killed

+ Added a direct Dropbox download.

• Like 1

Update 1 (March 26,2016):

- the ESC menu button moves to the top corner if there's overlapping mod dialogs. (I hope there won't be another one there)

:D .....thanks Greenfist 

Really nice job, going to be using this a lot now. Thanks for the direct link too.

What is the difference from Real Light mod?

This uses Arma's own post processing effects, while Real Light is an external injector.

The effects may be similar but done in completely diffrent way.

• Like 1

Just wanted to say. A very well written modification (one of a very few). A very good UI. All around, a fantastic modification :)

• Like 3

I am a bit concerned about usability in a dedicated-server-environment - assuming that not each and ever player is interested in re-coloring his game. Does this mod have to be allowed by the server, just like any other client-side mod?

I am a bit concerned about usability in a dedicated-server-environment - assuming that not each and ever player is interested in re-coloring his game. Does this mod have to be allowed by the server, just like any other client-side mod?

The mod comes with Keys so can be enabled or disabled by server admin. It only has an effect on the local PC that is running it though, can't see it being used maliciously either. Perhaps in a PVP turning up certain aspects at night might help but apart from that can't see a problem with it being used online.

• Like 1

Thanks for answering, flax. I understand this from the technical point of view. I also don't see or fear any malicious use. But if someone really loves ReColor he would have to convince the admins of all the servers he might use to install the keys. Real Light is probably more difficult to install than ReColor but it isn't a mod and therefore doesn't require any discussions of this kind. It would be great if ReColor was a part of ACE.

Love it, excellent tool!

Mod updated.

v1.10:

- importing while in multiplayer is now possible
- added shortcut keys for enable/disable preview (F2) and hide window (F3) buttons.
- two new default presets added.Use the restore function to add them to the list.
- added a preview for blend color
- multiple tweaks and bug fixes to the settings dialog

I know the upcoming Apex will add maybe the most useful features of ReColor, the contrast and saturation sliders, to the vanilla game, but can your precious little visual update thingy do this??!!

recolor.gif

(Well probably it can in the future :P, but until then you can enjoy the mod.)

Some of the presets in the video are from ASCZ Custom Post-process Effects mod. You can access them by running it once and using the restore button to copy them to ReColor.

• Like 2

I love updates to awesome mods.....many thanks Greenfist. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I tried this but I don't have any presets. Do I have to make my own or are there some included? There is no userconfig file so I cannot tell.