Sign in to follow this  
MarkCode82

DrawIcon3D

onEachFrame { drawIcon3D ["TacVision\images\texture.paa", [1,0,1,1], getPosASL cursorTarget, 1, 1, 0, "Target", 1, 0.05, "PuristaLight"];  };

It was converted from a .png to a paa yes the directory exists and yes the image exists but the game says

Warning Message: Cannot load texture tacvision\images\texture.paa.

Attempted with the mission root.
mpmissions\developmentframework.altis\tacvision\images\texture.paa

onEachFrame {drawIcon3D ["mpmissions\DevelopmentFramework.Altis\TacVision\images\texture.paa", [1,1,1,0.4], getPos cursorTarget, 1, 1, 45, "Target", 1, 0.05, "PuristaMedium"];  };

Nope still did not work

Have you checked if the line syntaxs acctually works with a default texure aswell?

I always use the missionevent handeler for draw3d so it might be something with that aswel?

Or instead of writing down the whole path like that try doing it like kk wrote n his blog? with the extracting and formating

Nope still a no go with full path retrival

c:\users\username\documents\arma 3 profile logs\users\Markcode\mpmissions\development%20framework.altis\tacvision\images\texture.paa.

whats the 5eturn value of that:

MISSION_ROOT = call {
    private "_arr";
    _arr = toArray str missionConfigFile;
    _arr resize (count _arr - 15);
    toString _arr
};
you need a desciption.ext in ur mission folder for that.

Why are you developping a framework if you need help for every function you use ? Is that a little Ironic ?

Why are you developping a framework if you need help for every function you use ? Is that a little Ironic ?

i dislike your post but ur right in the point as he could read some more of the biki and its hints

• Like 1

i dislike your post but ur right in the point as he could read some more of the biki and its hints

I know it's provocating that way but I'm saying that because, as you said, all the info is on KK blog and the wiki. And even more on this forum. 

And this guy created a thread for how to code the right way etc... which was badly welcomed sadly (maybe because he was wrong on few points).

I just think you can't talk about code optimization and stuff if you can't even google a thing. Just sayin'.

That's not the mission root, not sure if picture size matters, not even sure if .paa will work, but .png does work

I know it's provocating that way but I'm saying that because, as you said, all the info is on KK blog and the wiki. And even more on this forum. 

And this guy created a thread for how to code the right way etc... which was badly welcomed sadly (maybe because he was wrong on few points).

I just think you can't talk about code optimization and stuff if you can't even google a thing. Just sayin'.

Thats extremely condescending.

whats the 5eturn value of that:

MISSION_ROOT = call {
    private "_arr";
    _arr = toArray str missionConfigFile;
    _arr resize (count _arr - 15);
    toString _arr
};
you need a desciption.ext in ur mission folder for that.

That:

Returns this:

"C:\Users\Username\Documents\ArmA 3 Profile Logs\Users\MarkCode82\mpmissions\DevelopmentFramework.Altis\"

For your information for those who saw a need to basically call me an idiot, the file was being run from within a User local directory. It appears arma 3 doesn't consider that a "relative directory" e.g Documents. But I appreciate the insults thank you.

In the icon param of the drawIcon3D command you just have to join mission root + path to your icon from mission root (using the above method to return mission path)

MISSION_ROOT + "images\myIcon.paa"
Using the code you provided in the first post:

onEachFrame 
{ 
    drawIcon3D 
    [
        MISSION_ROOT + "TacVision\images\texture.paa", 
        [1,0,1,1], 
        getPosASL cursorTarget, 
        1, 1, 0, 
        "Target", 
        1, 0.05, 
        "PuristaLight"
    ];  
};
Of course dont forget to declare MISSION_ROOT somewhere in init.sqf for example.

And that is exactly what I did the files directory is inside the documents \ user folder. ArmA appears to have an issue with it.

nvm some strange UI issue. It's fixed. It was not related to what I did. Probably overlooked when trying to fix it myself, and was tired.

Works fine for me, regardless of where it is (of course the method to return mission path is different from SP to MP). But last time I checked on KKs blog there seems to be a 'universal' way that works in both environment.

Many comments on KK blogs are giving other solutions. Maybe it should be great to post the working ones here.

Btw mate, I apologize if you felt like I insulted you (rip grammar)

You really don't need to use mission root and you really should not either. It'll come back to haunt you as soon as you try running it anywhere else but your PC.

Just use a relative path, when resolving it Arma looks in the following places:

• Current mission directory
  • PBOs
  • Current working directory

The wise man has spoken, thank you for clarifying that point deadfast.

You really don't need to use mission root and you really should not either. It'll come back to haunt of as soon as you try running it anywhere else but your PC.

Just use a relative path, when resolving it Arma looks in the following places:

• Current mission directory
  • PBOs
  • Current working directory

Please do elaborate, cannot help it but finding this advice a little confusing

And this guy created a thread for how to code the right way etc...

I agree about the other post but that really has no relevance in this one. Your first comment up there seemed quite elitist and hostile.

As far as I'm concerned he can work on his personal framework from day one, without knowing anything at all.

As long as he doesn't try to "sell" it as the new bible of arma3-editing (at that point), thats perfectly fine. :D

On topic: Try using an existing texture file (take one from the game) for testing so you can really be sure the issue is not with the file itself !

As long as he doesn't try to "sell" it as the new bible of arma3-editing (at that point), thats perfectly fine. :D

Like this one? https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/189007-arma-3-multiplayer-scripting-new-way/

Or this one? https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/188688-arma-3-code-standardization-effort-and-scripting-introduction-new-way/ 

• Like 2

if you want to show some image located in your missionfile with drawicon3d you need to do it this way

in your init (or somewhere else)

_descExtPath = str missionConfigFile;
currMissionDir = compileFinal str (_descExtPath select [0, count _descExtPath - 15]);

and then the path to your image is like this

call currMissionDir + "folderinyourmissionfile\yourimage.paa"