Sign in to follow this  
masaker

Apex DLC pre order advantages?

Greetings

I have two simple questions about Apex DLC for ArmA 3.

What exactly will people get more if they buy Apex DLC compare to people which will not buy it?

Will the DLC price rise after its release?

Thank you.

What they get from buying over those that don't is all the extra content (Duh!). As to how much of that content will be behind the pay-wall and as to what will be available to everyone but come with some form of pop-up advertising (a la the Marksman/Karts/Helicopters DLCs) remains to be seen. You can almost guarantee that the terrain will be exclusive to the Expansion owners, as its the main selling point. Even if it is available to non-owners, it'll (probably) have low-res textures like ArmA2 'Lite DLCs'

The Expansion is currently 20% off, which may or may not be a pre-order discount. If it is, it'll more than likely increase upon release and remove that discount...

• Like 2

Yes it is a pre-order discount.

One of the BIS PR people tweeted a reply to a question about how long the discount period would last, and stated that the offer will last until  Apex is released.

So when the expansion is released it'll cost $35 instead of $28

No idea if the price for Arma 3 Apex Edition (which is Arma 3 + DLC + Apex) will change though

Even if it is available to non-owners, it'll (probably) have low-res textures like ArmA2 'Lite DLCs'

This is implausible since it'd fly in the face of the public rationale behind the new DLC strategy versus the old Lite method; I believe the official Arma 3 Twitter account previously confirmed that Tanoa would be exclusively behind the paywall, presumably as a dependency for SP/MP scenarios set on Tanoa. (A month ago they already stated that "Tanoa's assets will launch as EBO, at least initially. They will also only be available to Apex owners..")

No idea if the price for Arma 3 Apex Edition (which is Arma 3 + DLC + Apex) will change though

I don't expect a price increase as it's currently not on (declared) discount, although there was a 20% discount for a weekend.

Note that another advantage of preordering, based on the handling of the prior DLCs, is that when the contents are staged to dev branch the pre-order players are supposed to have full access.

• Like 1

That is why I speculated and didn't state it as fact ;)

Its still stated as 20% off on the BI Store...

The DLC discount will end when the Apex releases.

The Apex edition price won't likely change.

Not sure if there's little confusion in this topic between the versions :P I didn't see any discount from Apex edition.