BadContrakt

Server Browser Stops Working

How is this still a problem? When the Eden update was on the approach I was very excited. I figured for sure that BI would fix how the server browser just randomly stops searching for servers in multiplayer (Internet). Considering that they were adding a browser to the launcher I figured certainly they would fix the in-game browser at the same time. Everyone I know has this problem as well lol. It's insane how it's still an issue!

If you don't know what I'm talking about... This is the explanation.

Launch Arma.

Go to Play - Multiplayer

The server browser appears. In the Internet tab, you create a filter called "King of the Hill" and press refresh.

You may refresh 3-4 times while searching for a server or attempting to join a full server and then... It just stops refreshing properly.

You hit refresh and no servers appear. None. You hit refresh again and still the same result.

In order to fix this I actually close Arma completely and wait 2 minutes and start it up again. That will give me another 3-4 good refreshes and then it will do it again.

This has happened to me and everyone I know for my entire 2,400 hour Arma 3 career, on multiple PCs, with multiple different hardware setups. This problem has nothing to do with hardware or software. This is a BI issue that's gone on for too long.