seelenlos Zeus

This mod allows the whitelisted players to use Zeus in every mission. You just need to press the Zeus Button (Default: Z). We use the mod to play missions in different ways, "unstuck" broken mission flows or add mod weapons to vanilla missions. That means, you get the ability to play a mission again with different loadouts, vehicles and enemies without the effort to change it with scripts or the editor (unpacking, changing, testing, packing, uploading). The use of the ARES-mod is strongly recommended.

Features:

- server side only mod
- only the whitelisted players can use it 
- does not interfere with any existing Zeus in the mission
- add objects to Zeus (optional)
- share created objects between mod Zeus (optional)

Add Objects to Zeus

In the slz_settings.sqf, you can define a array of objects which will be added to zeus. More infos in the slz_settings.sqf.

Add all addons to zeus

In the slz_settings.sqf, you can set slz_addAllAddons to true (default) to activate all available addons.

Changelog
v.1.7
CHANGES
- slz_addAllAddons variable added
- if it's set to true (default) all available addons will be added to the mod curators

v.1.6
CHANGES
- slz_sharedObjects variable added

- if it's set to true all objects which are created by slz curators are editable for every slz curator

FIXED

- possible fix for exile server

v.1.5
CHANGES
- neutral Zeus removed    
- SLZ_editPlayerUnits variable removed

FIXED
- zeus remotecontrol caused diconnect from curator module
- some other bugs

v.1.4.1
FIXED
-userconfig path capitalization changed to lowercase (issue with case sensitve file system)

v.1.4

REWORKED CODE 
- complete rewrite 

CHANGES 
- no admin zeus anymore (i think there is no need anymore) 

- SLZ_whitelist variable added 
- in the userconfig there is a array where you can add uid's (it is the number in the steam-profile link) 
- if your uid is in this array you have zeus abilities 

- SLZ_neutralZeus variable removed 
- if you press zeus key you get the control of the virtualCurator which is always neutral 
- your playerunit become hidden and invulnerable 

- SLZ_editPlayerUnits variable added 
- all playerunits can be edited if these players are in curatormode 
- if it is set to false these units can also add to the curator editable object list by other scripts or mods like ares 

KNOWN ISSUES 
- Don't mix up to many zeus login methods (native use, too) 
- if you use #adminLogged Game Master Modules and virtualCurator entities or player controled curators don't login as admin if you are in a other curator slot 
- the native curator itself has a bug: if you are in the mission, go back to loginscreen and join again, you have to die before you can use the curator again (expect the #adminLogged method) 

v.1.3
FIXED 
- bug in the per frame eventHandler

v.1.2 
REWORKED CODE 
- remove while do loops ---> replaced with a per frame eventHandler

FIXED 
- known issues from 1.1

v.1.1 
ADDED
- neutral zeus 
- this option change the playerside if you enter the zeus to logic because only a neutral zeus can set all attributes: for example the sector control module
- copy the userconfig folder to your arma 3 folder and change the value in the SLZ_settings.sqf to true. (default = false)

FIXED 
- if the admin logout the other players can't be the zeus.

KNOWN ISSUES 
- if you are logged in as admin and you go into lobby and return to the game you have to logout and login to use the zeus again

v.1.0 
- first release

Credits:

Fry & Chucky from seelenlos-Team

License: GPLv3

Known Issues:
- none

Download Links:
- Armaholic (outdated)

Recommended Mods:
Ares:
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mod is updated to version 1.2!

See first post for more infos. 

• Like 1

probably a stupid question, can i use this on SP scenario? 

No, because you have to login as admin and this is not possible in sp.

Great addon!!!! I've been hoping for this since a looooong time! Thanks so much!!

I have a problem though related to getting back Zeus status after crashing my arma or disconnecting/reconnecting without login out from admin! So, if I forget to logout or if I crash, nobody can use Zeus for the rest of the mission... very annoying :(

Is it only me or is is a known issue ?

EDIT: I found a workaround. I just enter my server again, choose a slot, get into the game environment, log in as admin, log out, get back to lobby, keep the same slot, reenter game environment and I can use zeus again :) (without loging in it seems)

I can't reproduce this behavior. Do you use other Mods? Please describe step by step what i have to do to get this bug.

MfG

Fry

Mod is updated to version 1.3.

It is not a patch for the bug which coolspy described.

Actually, the way it works again for me is if I crash, I have to reconnect on the server, login as admin at the slot choice screen and enter the mission! Even if I don't have the "you can use Zeus" message, it works!

If I try to log as admin while already back in the game environment, it seems it is too late and I can't use Zeus!

So, once you know it, no biggie, great addon :)

I been looking at this addon to replace the one we use, just a few questions, I'm wanting to use this one on our wasteland server, we are using is client side ver, but I want to go fully server side which this one does. It works but mission (current) object, players and Ai aren't recognized by zeus. Also if you died you lose Zeus and must relog. 

Thanks for your addon, I'm hoping that we can get this to work

Do you have add the units in the array "SLZ_objects" array and set "SLZ_autoAddObj" to one? Which addon do you have use before?

@coolspy and s0l0knight

Can you upload or post your client and server rpt file?

I like your mod, and i like how it is serverside. Would it be possible for you to give the mod the ability to also give permanent zeus based on UID?

Because a lot of times, apart from the server admin, i would also like to give other trusted admins permanent zeus. A lot of the curated missions we have done were greatly improved when at least two zeus curators were hand-in-hand doing the mission.

The current setup i have is copy pasting the zeus module (with player uid) to all the missions, but if your mod would alleviate that hassle it would be awesome :)