Cpl Tyler

Ingame text size smaller than it should be

So, after the Eden Update dropped, a lot of the text in game has been tiny on the Small Interface Size setting. The Tiny text is the ones on the tooltips, the bottom bar, the action menu, and a couple other places. With the game set to Normal for the Interface size, I can see everything fine, except for the fact that a lot of the stuff takes up a large portion of screen real estate. I've been trying to figure this out for a while, but seeing as BIS' Bug Tracker is down and the 15thMEU's Help Desk is not helpful, my only hope is here.

Main Menu

Stratis Loading Screen

Stratis Airfield

I know that BIS added a new font with the Eden Update, and I've tried the Parista Font addon that a BIDev made, but it didn't help. It actually made it worse. I've also tried changing the color of the UI to the Gray that's included by default, but there's no noticeable difference in the text visibility. It appears as though the font's size is 8pt instead of the 12pt it used to be. The 8px size difference is the difference between unreadable and readable. Any help I could get on this would be much appreciated. 

You (or somebody else) could create an addon that overwrites the fontsize for the small font/tooltip (like the Purista addon does for the font family).

I can quickly write something like that, when I am at home later today.

• Like 1

Oh my gosh, Neo, that would be amazing. I'd do one myself, but my coding knowledge is extremely rudimentary. Sure, I've released a couple mods, but I've had a ton of help with those. I'm better at changing values than anything. 

In theory you only need to copy and paste the define from the A3 config of the font/tooltip to a new config, replace the values, remove all other values that are not changed and link the original A3 pbo (should be UI_F.pbo) to the requiredAddons array.

You could try it yourself while I am at the office ;)

Badly, there is no game control - control a font.
It is necessary for change of a font size, color of a font - "Chat" , "Menu of teams", "The main Menu" , "Coordinates on the Map".

Oh my gosh Neo, that is beautiful. That is completely readable, even on my smaller screen. How long until you can get it packed into a PBO?

Still have problems with the initialisation. Overwriting by config didn't worked, so I created a script that scans for specific dialogs and changes textsize for all of its controls. It works when entering mission editor ang going back to menu, but not from the beginning. I will figure something out but it could take some more time :(