R3vo

[Feedback] Create Compositions

Love the new composition feature, really easy to use AND we can finally create compositions which have objects place on top of each other.

Anyway, I hope it's not too soon to give some feedback:

• The "Create Composition" dialogue is again, too small, longer composition names are cut off, even though they are still showing fine in the asset browser -> See screenshot.

• Secondly, could you also integrate a search edit box for the categories? Looking for the right category is already tedious and I am sure more categories will follow.

• Last but not least, it would be create if one could rename, delete and change the category of already created compositions. Found the little icon in the assets list ;) 

Can't wait for the final release, this feature is a big one!

Great report, Revo!

I'd love to see this integrated into Zeus because Zeus is the only way to populate abandoned / artificially destroyed areas with objects. You can't populate buildings your destroy with a script in Eden.

• The "Create Composition" dialogue is again, too small, longer composition names are cut off, even though they are still showing fine in the asset browser -> See screenshot.

Fixed, the list will now have the same width and font size as the list in the asset browser.

• Secondly, could you also integrate a search edit box for the categories? Looking for the right category is already tedious and I am sure more categories will follow.

As in any other drop-down menu, you can start typing while it's expanded and it will search for items starting with typed word.

does anyone know where i can find a list of arma 3 compositions? maybe i'm being stupid but i'm losing my mind looking for them. or maybe add a class name to the placement dialog like you did for objects in the 2d editor. it's these things that make editing fo this game so frutrating sometimes. i progress some code minute by minute and then when i need as simple class name for testing i lose more than an hour to actually find one...i just want to place one them them via script.

does anyone know where i can find a list of arma 3 compositions? maybe i'm being stupid but i'm losing my mind looking for them. or maybe add a class name to the placement dialog like you did for objects in the 2d editor. it's these things that make editing fo this game so frutrating sometimes. i progress some code minute by minute and then when i need as simple class name for testing i lose more than an hour to actually find one...i just want to place one them them via script.

Not sure what you mean, it's right there

ZpIHVqv.jpg

And there is no classname because those compositions are not saved in the config, they are saved in a new type of file called sqe

• Like 1

I believe the question is, is there a way, currently or planned, to spawn a .sqe composition in a live mission. For example: a trigger, which when activated, runs a "spawn sqe composition " function or script.

I believe this is useful for mission design as we can create a composition in mission dynamically and expand the variability of a mission based off rules for which composition to spawn under some event or context.

• Like 2

When you say "Its right there"  how exactly do you get that icon to show up?

Not sure what you mean, it's right there

ZpIHVqv.jpg

And there is no classname because those compositions are not saved in the config, they are saved in a new type of file called sqe

Are you on dev?

No

I believe it's on dev only. Haven't been on stable for ages. Sorry for the confusion.