Sign in to follow this  
jaynic

Zeus with unrestricted abilities

Hi all,

I'm trying to put a zeus module in my mission without any restrictions... No costs, no limitations on placing things, and the ability to place all units, and all factions off the bat...

This doesn't strike me as something that should be this difficult, but I can't find it anywhere.

I've attempted to place modules and sync themn with the game master that limited costs to 0 - but I still can't even see anything but the ability to place some infantry... Can't place tanks, bunkers, anything fun..

Hi jaynic,

1. place a unit (F1)
2. and simply place a "Game Master" module (F5 -> Zeus -> Game Master)
3. press preview and press the Zeus key (Z by default)

Now you can place all entities without any restrictions.

If you want to create a multiplayer mission where you are the only one who can call Zeus you have to do following steps:

1. place a unit (F1)
2. place a "Game Master" module (F5 -> Zeus -> Game Master) and write "#adminLogged" (without quotation marks) into the "Name" field
3. press preview and press the Zeus key (Z by default)

or if you want a specific unit to be able to call Zeus:

1. place a unit (F1) and write "jaynic" (or any other name) into the "Variable Name" field
2. place a "Game Master" module (F5 -> Zeus -> Game Master) and write "jaynic" (without quotation marks) into the "Name" field
3. press preview and press the Zeus key (Z by default)

Best regards

i have a question regarding adding zeus to a mission...

i know how to do it by uid... or for logged in admins...

but is there also any chance to get it working for players which have any variable set to 1 like for example _admin = 1 for adminlevel

we have admin status set in the database... so if this would work we could give and remove the ability for zeus dynamic with editing the db entry and the user has only to relog once to refresh the new setting...

i have a question regarding adding zeus to a mission...

i know how to do it by uid... or for logged in admins...

but is there also any chance to get it working for players which have any variable set to 1 like for example _admin = 1 for adminlevel

we have admin status set in the database... so if this would work we could give and remove the ability for zeus dynamic with editing the db entry and the user has only to relog once to refresh the new setting...

I don't think it's possible, as it requires a variable name(I think that's what it is called) and variable names cannot be changed while the program(or in ArmA's case, scenario) is running.

EDIT: Scratch that, just remembered DCG(Dynamic Combat Generator) allows Zeus to be switched between players.