pixelmonkey

What are the most popular and recommended ArmA 3 game-modes to play?

ArmA 3 Game-mode Popularity Poll  

115 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favorite ArmA 3 game-modes at the moment?

• Life/RPG
    • Multiplayer Co-op (Private)
    • Wasteland
    • Multiplayer Survival (PvE)
    • King of the Hill
    • Single player missions
    • Other

Hey everyone!

I'm interested in finding out basic statistics about the ArmA 3 community. I recently posted a topic asking the question "Why do life servers receive so much hate?" and I had many very good and in depth responses to the topic. This time around, I'm interested in finding a more general statistic, and am hoping to find out what the most popular game-modes in ArmA 3 at the moment are. The reason I am interested in finding these statistics is that I'm writing a thesis on ArmA 3 Communities - though it is heavily focused on the flaws and solutions that could be applied to life servers. I don't want this to come across as a boring survey so I encourage everyone to share their opinions and thoughts on their favorite ArmA game-modes as well as some other game-modes that are available to the game; and why you favor certain game-modes over others. Furthermore, I believe that this topic could also help newcomers to the ArmA 3 Community get a better idea of which game-modes they should try out based on their interests through reading your thoughts and opinions. Answering the poll will also help me narrow down the data, and make it easier for me to compile.

Thank you for your time,

Brandon. :)

Epoch, King of the hill and Wasteland for me, in that order.

My prefered game mode is cursing and scratching my head in the editor. Loads of fun.

• Like 1

Multiplayer Co-op (Public)

Which is not on your list

Probably because you didnt realise it was possible. After all how can you have cooperation with public players.

Well it's possible providing you have critical mass of players that know what they are doing.

This makes the then non experienced public players the minority, which then causes most (not all) of them to copy the ways others are playing making them much better and more welcomed players.

Requires good admin presence also

• Like 2

Do a proper list there are a lot of game modes that are not in the list and it makes a big mistake with the results. EUTW, CTI, Tact Battlefield and other missions are missing.

And by the way I would like to see a good military game mode for this game... Come on!

I tend to play CTF/CTF Combi/ Sector Control/ End Game and KOTH

• Like 1

Dude, Capture the Island, not on your poll....It's the only game mode that features all Arma tech.

I'm really enjoying End game at the moment. It's casual fun with, on average, 30 minute rounds which you don't find anywhere else in Arma. It's not perfect but worth a try. The official BI servers have been populated over the past month.

Also love playing Tactical battlefield and EUTW but I just don't have the time to play them anymore.

Guest ti0n3r

Official SP missions

my own SP missions

Zeus

End Game

invade and annex

wasteland.

Veteran mode and no addons required (Too much hassle) or I probably won't touch it.

• Like 1

TacBF + co-op

/KC

• Like 2

It would appear your poll options are missing an important option. The most popular vote at the time of this post was the "Other" option, which has quite a lead over the others @35% with nearest being the private coop mission at 24%

MACE : Multi-player ARMA3 Combat Engine

Classic PVP/TVT

Advance and Secure , Attack and Defend mission/framework.

http://www.arma-mace.com/

@Arma3Mace

Not so popular but “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.â€

:P

Private coop I guess... although we welcome all joiners.

These two in particular because we are a smaller group and they provide varied gameplay opportunities that don't require more than 2 or 3 to enjoy....

Dynamic combat generator

MCC sandbox

And when there is enough to play., usually 6 or more...

Invade & annex

Domination

If Roy is ever able to find the time to finish Patrol ops 4, that will rocket to the top of the list.

• Like 1

Multiplayer private co-op or SP. Nothing more in my universe :drinking:

On 11/18/2016 at 3:56 PM, lawndartleo said:

Private coop I guess... although we welcome all joiners.

These two in particular because we are a smaller group and they provide varied gameplay opportunities that don't require more than 2 or 3 to enjoy....

Dynamic combat generator

MCC sandbox

And when there is enough to play., usually 6 or more...

Invade & annex

Domination

If Roy is ever able to find the time to finish Patrol ops 4, that will rocket to the top of the list.

i posted a 'joke' post back in june last year about PO4 release date :) is coming true sadly

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/158714-spmpcoop-patrol-operations-official-thread/?do=findComment&comment=3200046

not entirely a joke though. im familiar with arma 3 gamemode development and know how easy it is for development time to be underestimated.

even after its finally finished, there will still be an extra 3+ months of playtesting before the major/minor bugs have been resolved. knowing roy86, that 3 months could be 9 months bc "busy with IRL" always

@fn_Quiksilver.... If it happens it happens.  I’m just glad there are people like you and Roy (just to name a few) who have the skill and creativity to make ArmA better.