lsd

ZEC - Zeus and Eden Templates / Building Compositions

Good stuff!

/KC

Just wanted to congratulate and thank lsd for this outstanding collection. I cannot tell you how much easier this makes life for the mission makers in our milsim community, who have to come up with new and interesting locations for missions every single week. Having a tool like this, without any dependencies (I'm looking at you, JBAD), is a godsend = thanks very much!

Thanks all. Hopefully many of you will be pleased to know I'll be expanding this further with a few Apex structures when it's released.

vTtiY0T.jpg

• Like 2

Brilliant News!!!! I use your compositions constantly when creating missions.

Also could you also look at the ARES mod compositions. They arent working in Eden but if you could port them over to your mod, it would be great!

Thanks for all your hard work!

Brilliant News!!!! I use your compositions constantly when creating missions.

Also could you also look at the ARES mod compositions. They arent working in Eden but if you could port them over to your mod, it would be great!

Thanks for all your hard work!

Porting those directly into ZEC isn't something I could do without having the original Authors permission.

I am adding a new 'Basic' category in ZEC which seeks to replicate those found in Ares without copying them exactly.

• Like 1

Porting those directly into ZEC isn't something I could do without having the original Authors permission.

I am adding a new 'Basic' category in ZEC which seeks to replicate those found in Ares without copying them exactly.

Thats great news since ARES also have some unique compositions but they arent in Eden.

Its sad the author has completely disappeared from the modding scene since I am 100% sure he would have been fine with it.

Keep up the good work man. Just for interest sake, how long does one of your compositions take you since it takes me ages to create something worthwhile.

I'm struggling to work out the best soltuion to display and group the ever-increasing list...

#1 - Grouped by SIDE, ordered by SIZE

#2 - Gropued by SIZE, ordered by NAME

Having thought about it a while, I'm probably going with #2, but would welcome any strong opinions.

bnjiKzG.jpg

How long does one of your compositions take you since it takes me ages to create something worthwhile.

Too long :) I usually throw down a line of structures and then pass over them a few times adding the detail - I don't have the patience to work on one at a time!

Which ARES compositons were you looking for specifically? I can probably make a few more alternatives.

I'd go with option 2. I've been using this incredible mod the past couple of weeks, and I'm often not fussed about the faction of some of the presets, they often look so similar anyway unless they include a vehicle. I'm more interested in filtering by size as I know the area I'm placing it in.

Newly updated for Apex. One or two new compositions for the Pacific factions. :)

Wasn't sure which addons the new Apex stuff depends on for 'requiredAddons', but since everyone should be on 1.62 there shouldn't be any issues.

• Like 2

Hope to see alot more eventually :) These are so useful for when you just don't have any creative inspiration as a mission maker sometimes

Some of your new mortar camps are missing the actual static mortar lol

Some of your new mortar camps are missing the actual static mortar lol

Yeah :) That's intentional, those have no faction so the idea is that you customise them how you want.

Since BIS didn't get around to adding Pacific CSAT statics you'll probably notice a few gaps, I didn't want to add the desert variants.

Hey lsd,

So we use compositions extensively in ALiVE and it would be great to get a standard config/organisation of compositions across the board. Given you are the world leader here ;) it would be cool to set some standards for the community (and BIS!)

We use scripted methods to spawn compositions, so a standard for cfgGroups would be great.

Generally think it would be good to keep the the original BIS structrue CfgGroup > Empty > Civilian/Guerilla/Military

but add another level to identity environment such as Desert/Woodland/Urban/Pacific etc, which would allow the inclusion of CUP and APEX as well as deal with other terrains that introduce new objects.

Then have composition type followed by size, finally config classname includes mod name, composition name and optionally faction name.

I was thinking of the following:

CfgGroup
    Empty
        Civilian
            Desert
                Airports
                Checkpoints_Barricades
                Construction
                Communications
                Fuel
                General
                Heliports
                Industrial
                Marine
                Mining_Oil
                Power
                Rail
                Settlements
                    Large
                        MODTAG_NAME[_FACTION] (i.e. classname is ZEC_ShantyTown or ZEC_ShantyTown_CUP_C_TK)
                    Medium
                    Small
            Woodland
            Urban
            Pacific

Guerilla
            Desert
                Camps
                Checkpoints_Barricades
                Communications
                FieldHQ
                Fortifications_Bunkers
                Fuel
                HQ
                Marine
                Outposts
                Power
                Supply_Support
            Woodland
            Urban
            Pacific

Military
            Desert
                Airports
                Camps
                Checkpoints_Barricades
                Communications
                Crashsites
                FieldHQ
                Fortifications_Bunkers
                Fuel
                Heliports
                HQ
                Marine
                Outposts
                Power
                Supply_Support
            Woodland
            Urban
            Pacific  

We could also add

Military (1940s)
        Military (1960s)

as a way to handle different era's i.e. Iron Front and Unsung.

Thoughts?

• Like 5

That looks great, I'll look into redoing the class structure to match the above!

Thanks for taking the time to put it together.

Looks like cfgGroups won't let us go that deep, so might need to combine categories. Certainly I think Eden only allows Category - SubCat - Entity

So might have to be

Civilian

Civilian (Desert)

Civilian (Woodland)

Civilian (Pacific)

Airports (Large)

Airports (Medium)

Airports (Small)

etc?

Actually trying to move all your stuff over to that config now. Will let you know how I get on.

Sorry I should of mentioned early. I too tried to make cfgGroups go more than one child deep, and it doesn't work. :(

Some of the non Pacific structures contain Tanoa/Apex assets. Can people without the DLC see these?

Some of the non Pacific structures contain Tanoa/Apex assets. Can people without the DLC see these?

Yes. The expansion only unlocks the terrain and use of expansion weapons/items. Everyone who updated Arma when Apex hit has the actual files. They can see everything you see.

<image>

Awesome work. It'll be a good challenge to fill each of those groups out! :)