ihatecheaters

Please Fix "setrain" command FINALLY. i have been waiting for 2 years for this fix and its still not fixed

When the hell it will be possible to turn off that annoying rain and play with clouded sky only!? 

• Like 1

0 setRain 0;

if you execute this command in a loop, the rain will stay off.

• Like 2

0 setRain 0;

if you execute this command in a loop, the rain will stay off.

No, tried. I have just found another solution, I started game with no overcast, and then i do   0 setOvercast 1, no rain follows.

No, tried. I have just found another solution, I started game with no overcast, and then i do   0 setOvercast 1, no rain follows.

Alternatively, one can use the arma holy forgotten weather command : Forceweatherchange which you'd apply after setrain or overcast I believe.

• Like 1

Well it's the annoying part of the command that it has to be executed in an endless loop. If you want a bright sky you have to make a endless loop resetting fog and rain. I hope this is going to be fixed some day...

Well it's the annoying part of the command that it has to be executed in an endless loop. If you want a bright sky you have to make a endless loop resetting fog and rain. I hope this is going to be fixed some day...

But...forceWeatherChange makes the command instant without the need for a loop? What's the problem :P

Or do you really want a smooth transition?

When the hell it will be possible to turn off that annoying rain and play with clouded sky only!? 

Eerr... You can do that already...

Just tick the override option in Editor and set rain to 0...

But...forceWeatherChange makes the command instant without the need for a loop? What's the problem :P

Or do you really want a smooth transition?

No but the rain comes back after time.

Eerr... You can do that already...

Just tick the override option in Editor and set rain to 0...

This doesn't helps. It will come again and again.

No but the rain comes back after time.

This doesn't helps. It will come again and again.

Oh I see what you mean then. It's similar to Minecraft (yes, I know..) with the disable rain command disabling the rain temporarily but it'll come back eventually after 15+ mins or so.

I guess in that case ArmA would benefit from a disableDynamicWeather or something.

How fast does the rain come back for you? 

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Oh I see what you mean then. It's similar to Minecraft (yes, I know..) with the disable rain command disabling the rain temporarily but it'll come back eventually after 15+ mins or so.

I guess in that case ArmA would benefit from a disableDynamicWeather or something.

How fast does the rain come back for you? 

Kind regards,

Sanchez

When I made missions there was always a big fog and rain problem. Even if it was disabled it would come back at least one hour after the mission started.

When I made missions there was always a big fog and rain problem. Even if it was disabled it would come back at least one hour after the mission started.

ArmA has this thing called weather forecasting which applies weather changes after some time. Sounds to me like that's what you're talking about rather than a bug with setRain. You sure?

Well however this is triggered this is bs ay you can't disable rain or fog over a long time without a threaded endless loop...

Well however this is triggered this is bs ay you can't disable rain or fog over a long time without a threaded endless loop...

Sure you can

0 setOvercast 1; 0 setRain 0; forceWeatherChange; 999999 setRain 0;