Sign in to follow this  
Tethlah

DSUtils test passes, but server checks do not.

I have mods that I signed using a new key to make sure only the stuff we want is on our server.  When I test the signatures (v2) using DSUtils, it says the tests pass.  I then upload the pbos and bisigns to the server, put the public key into the keys directory, and boot up.

For some reason though, even though DSUtils say it passes, the server is kicking the pbo for having a wrong signature file.  What gives?

1. clean out your rpt
  2. restart the server
  3. when the server has fully loaded
  4. upload the entire rpt to pastebin
  5. then post it here with the name of the bikey that you are using and also list all other bikeys in the servers keys folder

Then we don't need a crystal ball to help you  :)

• Like 1

Well, the server rpt is too large, and the only instance is has of the server keys are these lines:

12:12:55 Signatures:
12:12:55 a3
12:12:55 UrbanGaming
12:12:55 encodedStream length: 188
12:12:55 encodedStream: ꯊaÊšµ¹œZGG/:Community Base Addons v2.2.0lp’*Jonzie VehiclesNlØUrban Gaming Community Packµµ2À@AllInArmaDataTerrainPacknVÇ @Lakesidea3UrbanGaming
12:12:55 parts size:2)
12:12:55 part(127): ꯊaÊšµ¹œZGG/:Community Base Addons v2.2.0lp’*Jonzie VehiclesNlØUrban Gaming Community Packµµ2À
12:12:55 part(61): @AllInArmaDataTerrainPacknVÇ @Lakesidea3UrbanGaming

Here is the part where the RPT shows the loading of the addons on the server:  http://pastebin.com/uw9vJf7G
The name of the keys are a3 (the arma bikey) and UrbanGaming (the one we used for all our modfiles).

Clientside RPT:  http://pastebin.com/vTngLqdi
The console output when I try to join:  http://pastebin.com/sjvZwgyE

On my computer.
The steps I took was to create the private key using DSUtils.
I then used the private key to sign all the mod pbos using dsutils.
I checked signatures in DSUtils and it showed all signatures checked.

On the server.
I uploaded the public bikey to the key's folder where the a3 bikey already sat.
I uploaded the bisigns to sit alongside the pbos in the addons directories.
I enabled verifySignatures = 0; in the config.

I boot up the server and client.
Server kicks me off with the messages shown above in the console. 

I dont know anything about life servers.

The only conflict i see in there is the asd_joint rails, they need to be removed, the latest cba has that installed by default and they will conflict

If this is a linux server, there is an issue caused by running too many bikeys

It's a windows server.  But I can't remove the a3 key for arma3 because those arma addons will then kick the player.  So I need both keys.

Without signature checks, everything runs without a problem.  But if I just put in the UrbanGaming Signatures, the players get kicked for the addons not being signed by our key.  But if I have them both it looks like all the addons signed by UrbanGaming say uknown next to the addon when added.

So just to check, even when I remove the a3 key and boot up the server, all the addons except a few show unknown next to them.  Maybe that just has nothing to do with it and I don't know what I'm talking about (obviously lol)

unknown is to do with the author

You need to remove the asd_joint rils addon, this addon moved internally to cba and will cause conflicts

start by debugging the server by loading less mod folders and then increase to find out which mod folder causes the issue

once you have identified the mod folder, then do likewise to the addons within that folder

Maybe there is some "bad pbo"; got this problem sometimes with some bad created pbo with some external tool. Sometimes fails.
You have to un-pbo and pbo again.

Best thing to find out this one is just go try and launch game with some mods only and than start delete every pbo till you find out the one ( or 2 or 3.. )

[EDIT]

Didn't notice rpt says which pbo got wrong key, sometimes tell you which pbo is the wrong one, sometimes only kicks you without tell which is the wrong one.

Just go there and create another pbo for that file that is corrupted