A.I.M

AiSS - Feat of Arms V2.0.0

Something like that will be added in future updates. BUT only in module form. it will not be automatic.

• Like 1

Steam version has been updated:

Userconfigs removed and file not found fixed.
Units defending in battlelines will now Garrison
Added Amibiant battle sounds module and category
only tested by me, but should be functional
Battle Lines still is not compatible with veterans mod and PLA mod

If you use Steam version make sure it updates.

You may have to re subscribe to make it update. If it doesnt show up as updated on your Arma 3 mod manager there is a wrench in the mods options when you click on mod in mod manager. Click that wrench. If you cannot find the wrench. Just unsubscribe then resubscrbied to FOA and it should update. Enjoy. :)

Battlelines is doing this weird thing where I load in, the screen flickers, and I'm put back into a loading screen where I'm forced to stare at it all day. What's going on here?

Battlelines is doing this weird thing where I load in, the screen flickers, and I'm put back into a loading screen where I'm forced to stare at it all day. What's going on here?

I was getting some of that too. It would show me the game screen. And then go back to load screen... it would take a sec and when I hit escape it would take me back to game screen. It has something to do with all the sector modules populating but you should be able to get back to game pretty quickly...

I've seen the BL issues in previous versions, but right now its working for me. I need to know what mods you are using with FOA.

Progress report. Fixed the issue with SPrespawn identity. Changed killed EH to handledamage EH. :)

• Like 1

and as for AI respawn i synced it to ONLY my group and when unknown size is selected on the module they dont seem to respawn. 

if you select platoon, etc etc they do... but... some other units randomly spawn too.

the mods i was using was mainly, CUP terrains and RHS blufor units 

Set Force size at start to 0. If you highlight each category in the module itself it explains what certain selections do. There is also a video on one of the 1st 3 post. When we do a major update we are going to try to add more tutorials though. Hope this helps :)

That being said. Do you know of a way to get classnames for groups? If I can nail that I can fix the compatible issues with Veterans mod and PLA mod. Cup and RHS works great with BL in all my test so far.

edit:

Your group??? No your group will not respawn if its players group. Use SPrespawn module for each individual unit in your group for that.

Having fun with this one Mikey -using it in Nam and definitely enhances the experience

Still think you should add sidestep animation.. :P

side step is in there. :P well Bis version. I havent delved into creating animations. I dont have so much time, and it takes time to research and learn stuff. :( Wish I could afford school for coding.

PS Glad you like this version. :)

OK I did some research on sector module. Which is basically what BL is but simplified, and expanded a bit. Here is what I've found. https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/176117-sectors-causing-crashes/ 

BTW last few test with Veterans worked as far as finding factions name, but I experienced the freeze. Not sure if its related to veterans or not. My suspicion is the sector module itself. :/

Hopefully at the least I'll have Factions from mods nailed down next release.

• Like 1

The single player respawn support is sweet. WIll test it tonight. But just one doubt. I tried one of your sp respawn script wayyyy back, it resulted in the VA being loaded very slowly after each repawn. I mean the split second black screen when you press VA on a crate instead turns into a grid of black squares which slowly removes itself to reveal the actual screen.

Other than that, it also respawned me without clothes. Only the weapons were kept. Anyway I will try this and get back.. :D

Congrats and Thank you man, Mikey...

Fixes are not yet made. Armaholic update is the steam one a week or so ago. I forgot to let fox know about that release.

This was latest fix but only steam version:

Userconfigs removed and file not fount fixed. 
Units defending in battlelines will now Garrison 
Added Amibiant battle sounds module and category 
only tested by me, but should be functional 
Battle Lines still is not compatible with veterans mod and PLA mod

• Like 2

Progress report:

PLA now works with Battle lines.

West for Veterans mod works, but something is amiss with Vet configs. So I probably wont be able to make BL compatible with it.

All other unit mods tested work.

This included:

RHS both sides,

PLA,

Aggressors,

The halo mod lol cant remember the name

Ryans zombies with minor conflicts * will look into that but not game breaking.

All Cup units,

and a few others I cant remember them at the moment.

I will send it out to the testers and as soon as they say yay I'll upload asap.

ohh a sp respawn still working so far. Lets see what testers say.

• Like 1

In battle lines, although i chose starting forces to be 30 and put down a group amd synced the leader as instructed, still I guess 30 units/side didnt spawn. Less than that actually.

And just merely spawning a group of a side and syncing it with the module makes it auto fill the supposed 30 guys with the side of the syncd units or it fills randomly only from that group's units?

Secondly, is sector capture not possible? Coz I stepped right over an objective and it was still in enemy's control.. thanks. Amazing mod btw without a doubt :D

1) it will give you up to 30 units depending on what groups it spawns sometimes less sometime more.

2) If I understand you correctly It fills it according to the faction of the unit synced

3) Yes, but Sectors are not capture by just steppng into the marked area. Your side must dominate that sector for a certian amount of time. ;)

• Like 1

Thanks enjoying it thoroughly.. It does what a similar 'overhyped' mod does'nt.. Which is to allow single player save compatibility. Thanks for the hard work Mikey :D

does battleline work with alive? im worried about the performance.

• Like 1

Mikey.. Single player respawn takes away the uniform at respawn. All the other items and weapons remain. Only the uniform is gone and brief and shorts are left :P

This addon is causing all my scripts to hang.

The game itself runs smooth but any other addon and arsenal all have a 10-15 second delay to everything they do. 

This addon is causing all my scripts to hang.

The game itself runs smooth but any other addon and arsenal all have a 10-15 second delay to everything they do. 

I believe its happening to me also

Hello FOA team, is it possible to add a feature to "exclude" units from FOA features?

For example, if a unit has a certain variable "FOA_Features_Disabled" set to "true", then the FOA AI cycles will leave him be. If mission makers can exclude units from FOA, they can ensure that these units correctly follow the desired waypoints and actions, creating a cinematic scene for players. And it'll even be possible to make the FOA vanilla/custom campaigns compatible after some work by the patch/mission makers!

I am trying to combine FOA and vanilla campaign, and have to disable FOA completely in some missions since it interferes the action of the group leader of player, which leads to stuck of mission flow. If only there was a way to set these "key guys" to "FOA_Features_Disabled = true", so that the rest of AIs can still have FOA features enabled, making combat really exciting!

Edit:

Here's the list of vanilla missions of that needs FOA disabled. Boot camp finished. Currently working on Chapter 1. Showcases, Challenges, Chapter 2 -3 pending.

"["missionNames_Disable_FOA",["BOOT_m04","BOOT_m05","A_hub02","A_hub01","A_m03"]]"

Any news on progress for this mod?