A.I.M

AiSS - Feat of Arms V2.0.0

has the new version been uploaded to pws? ive looked and i just just see the old version on there. 1.something 

I don't think they have the Download link. But the page is up. Not sure how to fix that as I do not use PWS. :/

New sp respawn module is awesome but I experienced some bugs. Firstly if you start in a vehicle module doesnt work, secondly when I respawn my items are gone (map, gps etc. but weapons and gears stay) and lastly my characters identity changes. Its a great mod anyway.

New sp respawn module is awesome but I experienced some bugs. Firstly if you start in a vehicle module doesnt work, secondly when I respawn my items are gone (map, gps etc. but weapons and gears stay) and lastly my characters identity changes. Its a great mod anyway.

Thanks for the report!

We looked at identity but didn't get it working b4 release. I will add this list to the 2.0.1 bug fix release.

Mikey will be away for a bit and I have too many projects on the go but will have a look as well.

I will also do a couple more vids for the battlelines modules to show some fun ways to use them to set up some quick scenarios.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure it isn't working in Zeus yet.

I'll add that to the list and hopefully we can get it working for next version.

Another report from YouTube suggest some Russian units are not on the right side when synced to module.

Will look at that too. May be rhs as I know they do things a little different.

Getting a whole bunch of errors after placing a couple of Sector placements and linking them to a couple of leaders

Line 238. 197, and 194 in the fn_BLSpawn.sqf it seems to be cycling through.

Downloaded via PWS, using PLA and RHS units

[edit]

Seems to be a problem with the PLA units. took them out replaced with RHS opfor and the error's gone.

The pics help a lot. Thanks

What units are those?

The pics help a lot. Thanks

What units are those?

No problem. Thanks for the mod  :)

The units are: China - People's Liberation Army Infantry by Majoris.

Interesting. Don't think I've ever tried those. I will give it a test but do you get that error with vanilla units as well? If not then it may be a compatibility issue with the mod that we can fix.

Interesting. Don't think I've ever tried those. I will give it a test but do you get that error with vanilla units as well? If not then it may be a compatibility issue with the mod that we can fix.

I don't, no. Seems to just crop up when I sync PLA units

Likely a class name thing. It works with most but we can look into. . I will add to the list.

Hey Mikey, just wanted to drop by and let you guys know that there seems to be some conflict when using AISS and High Command, it seems to really slow down selection of high command units, giving orders, just in general it slows down the whole High Command system. Its not a game breaker in any way but more of an inconvenience/annoyance so I wouldn't expect this to be high on the fix list. Anyways great mod and keep up the good work, I look forward to see where you guys will take AISS in the future. 

Good, lifelike AI behaviour makes this release sound very promising. However, I could not quite see if it can used as a mod in already existing missions ?

Thx,

OP

Good, lifelike AI behaviour makes this release sound very promising. However, I could not quite see if it can used as a mod in already existing missions ?

Thx,

OP

The Ai portion itself should work in any existing mission, the modules are tools for mission makers or just for horsing around in the editor.

I was playing Ravage with it active and the ambient Ai were using the FoA behaviour with no extra FoA modules placed. Hope you like it OP.

• Like 2

I love the mod so far, but I feel like the AI could use a little bit more "oomph" when it comes to their aggression.

Is there a way to tweak the AI to make them slightly more aggressive? They're definitely smarter, no doubt, but I feel like they're too sluggish at times when they're moving under fire. For instance, I have guys about half a klick out from the front-line and close to a klick out from the enemy; and even though they're not under direct fire, they take forever to get to the battle. I feel like there's no need for them to get into their combat stance so far away. Though, I should say this is much better than them being oblivious or reckless. :) Great work overall. It's just a minor annoyance.

Also, the AI definitely seem to take advantage of their armaments, more than other AI mods, so I have to give really good marks for that. For instance, I've watch them sit back and fire their GL out from a distance while occasionally firing their rockets at their targets. It's terrifying to see rockets whistle past your head.

It makes the battle seem much more realistic, seeing them engage smartly from a distance with superior firepower. At the same time though, I feel like they could be more aggressive at times in a "smart" way. Like, if they realize they have the upper-hand, I feel like they should move in a bit more decisively. I remember one point where three squads of infantry would just lay down in a trench against one single guy on a heavy machine gun. They would very rarely go out to take pot-shots and fire rockets, but they mostly wouldn't do anything. They literally laid there in the trench, doing nothing for several minutes. It was just one guy too.They had him outnumbered over 20 to 1 too, so I figured they could at least go out for a flank like they would in bCombat. Still, it's a huge improvement from before where entire squads would get mowed down for stupidly charging out into the open. I'm hoping to see what more will be added.

Also, the dubbing for the units are cool! Love the effect they bring. Do they work on servers? I did multiplayer with them on in EVOLVE which is kind of LAN-based, but I'm not sure how they work on actual servers. Also, will you be adding them to other factions as well, especially those from RHS and the other vanilla groups?

I love the mod so far, but I feel like the AI could use a little bit more "oomph" when it comes to their aggression.

Is there a way to tweak the AI to make them slightly more aggressive? They're definitely smarter, no doubt, but I feel like they're too sluggish at times when they're moving under fire. For instance, I have guys about half a klick out from the front-line and close to a klick out from the enemy; and even though they're not under direct fire, they take forever to get to the battle. I feel like there's no need for them to get into their combat stance so far away. Though, I should say this is much better than them being oblivious or reckless. :) Great work overall. It's just a minor annoyance.

Also, the AI definitely seem to take advantage of their armaments, more than other AI mods, so I have to give really good marks for that. For instance, I've watch them sit back and fire their GL out from a distance while occasionally firing their rockets at their targets. It's terrifying to see rockets whistle past your head.

It makes the battle seem much more realistic, seeing them engage smartly from a distance with superior firepower. At the same time though, I feel like they could be more aggressive at times in a "smart" way. Like, if they realize they have the upper-hand, I feel like they should move in a bit more decisively. I remember one point where three squads of infantry would just lay down in a trench against one single guy on a heavy machine gun. They would very rarely go out to take pot-shots and fire rockets, but they mostly wouldn't do anything. They literally laid there in the trench, doing nothing for several minutes. It was just one guy too.They had him outnumbered over 20 to 1 too, so I figured they could at least go out for a flank like they would in bCombat. Still, it's a huge improvement from before where entire squads would get mowed down for stupidly charging out into the open. I'm hoping to see what more will be added.

Also, the dubbing for the units are cool! Love the effect they bring. Do they work on servers? I did multiplayer with them on in EVOLVE which is kind of LAN-based, but I'm not sure how they work on actual servers. Also, will you be adding them to other factions as well, especially those from RHS and the other vanilla groups?

Ah yes. Thanks for the feedback.

We spent a lot of time during testing to make sure they prioritize their survival over everything else.

Even in the example you provided with the 20 v 1, would it be acceptable if the one took out 1,2,3 before they take him out? What about his position? Did he have good cover? Did attacking team have good cover to a route to successfully complete a flanking maneuver? Was lone survivor doing a good job keeping the 20 guys busy?

• Like 1

Ah yes. Thanks for the feedback.

We spent a lot of time during testing to make sure they prioritize their survival over everything else.

Even in the example you provided with the 20 v 1, would it be acceptable if the one took out 1,2,3 before they take him out? What about his position? Did he have good cover? Did attacking team have good cover to a route to successfully complete a flanking maneuver? Was lone survivor doing a good job keeping the 20 guys busy?

There was plenty of cover for them to maneuver through. For instance, there was a long trench that stretched side to side with reeds hanging over them that offered both concealment and cover which is where they stayed put. It was a smart decision for the most part, but they had a number of compounds that they could have entered through the side to initiate a flank. It would offer more than enough cover there if they wanted to go on the attack. Instead, they sat there. I feel like it would make sense if they had some sort of fire support, but they didn't. Even when I added a mortar to the mix on the other side that kept bombarding them, they stayed put for the most part, and they became sitting ducks at that point.

As for the machine gunner, he didn't have the greatest of positions. He was on a stationary weapon that was behind a sandbag. Other than his legs, he was pretty exposed, though I do have to give him credit. He managed to take a few guys out, so I could understand the apprehensiveness of the guys there. It just seemed odd at the time to me to see them just stay put for so long. Realistically speaking, it would make sense, but I feel like they would try to do at least do a flanking maneuver or retreat if they had no other options instead of staying put without any pending reinforcements.

Thinking about it though, this is still a huge step in the right direction regardless. My only problem is that it kind of really slows down the firefight near the later stages of the battle where neither sides do anything.

Also, on a different note, I'm doing AI comparisons to bCombat, ASR AI, and even bCombat + ASR AI since they work well together. I'm also additionally trying to see if bCombat and ASR AI can work effectively with FOA out of curiosity. So far, FOA seem to be really good on its own. In my opinion, it's better in some ways than the other two AI mods, especially when it comes to self-preservation. In addition, the AI does a good job of not clumping up on one target as well. That actually impressed me the most, because the other AI mods would send waves after waves of suicidal men at you, trying to surround you in that manner.

Lastly, I really like the volume of fire the AI shoot out at you. Instead of methodical single shots, they fire in bursts which adds a good bit of flair to urban combat. I definitely hope that sticks around in future versions. My only worry is their ammo, but that shouldn't be a problem if they're smart enough to resupply or be resupplied.

EDIT: Also, it looks like the AI expend their ammo too quickly. At the start of the battle, the AI launch a crap load of 40 mm grenades at each other until they're all out, so the initial firefight is insane with high casualties for one side or the other, depending on who's more accurate in the first salvo. Then, as I've mention before, the firefight dies down due to the fact that they spent all of it at the start. I'm not sure if it's just me or not though. It seems to be something I noticed happening repeatedly throughout my tests. Same thing goes for mortars, they fire all their rounds in one long burst until they're dry. I'm not sure if this is an intentional design choice or not.

• Like 1

Ive not personaly tested with Alive, but should be compatible. Battle lines may not be. If you try please let us know. Veterans and PLA mod is not compatible with Battle lines module. Looks like the modders have different Faction class names for groups than units. Aside from unpboing all veterans and pla PBO's and individually putting in Class names for group factions I cant do much about that. May in future updates, or add a special config for you to do so. :D

STEAM users. I'm going to update steam and it will be without userconfigs.  If you know how to use userconfigs install them and so on. DL the version on 1st couple post thats NOT steam. :) A side note. The only thing using user configs at this point is Artillery.

So in next few versions Userconfigs will be done away with completey. All other factors are controled via modules anyways. ;) Hopefully down the road FOA will have a menu system to give player more control over certain aspects of covering and anything else we may add in future updates.

Steam update will be tonight or tomorrow sometime.

Hi there, awesome addon! 

I have a question: In this version we'll have the support module, calling artillery and reinforcements?Like the previous version of FOA. I really like that module, and I missed him in this version.

Thx!