Sign in to follow this  
instagoat

Forcing Tank / Vehicle to remain static how?

Hello guuuys, I have a question.

Especially with the most recent AI overhauls, AI tends to like to move around a lot. This is problematic, especially when making defensive missions where the AI are placed in prepared, covered positions. Instead of remaining in them and using the meticulously planned ambush position to best effect, they instead leave the position and start racing around (and are shot up much more quickly as a result).

Waypoint type does not seem to matter, they leave the position once they spot an enemy no matter what. The type of vehicle also does not matter. Independent cover selection by the AI is extremely bad for vehicles in defense, so I am looking for a workaround for this.

Any Ideas?

I have thought about using disableAI, but that is something I'd rather not use because once taking hits, I want the AI to move. As waypoints don't seem to work, and I do not know how to script, I am out of Ideas myself. Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

Instagoat

so are you asking to make the veh/s and tanks remain in 1 place? if so just remove the fuel.

so are you asking to make the veh/s and tanks remain in 1 place? if so just remove the fuel

Then they will not be able to move to vacate their position when taking effective fire. I am basically asking if there is any way to make the current system behave like I want it to without hacks. Make a vehicle stay in its dugout until taking direct hits, and not before. Right now they start moving the moment they spot the enemy.

Then they will not be able to move to vacate their position when taking effective fire. I am basically asking if there is any way to make the current system behave like I want it to without hacks. Make a vehicle stay in its dugout until taking direct hits, and not before. Right now they start moving the moment they spot the enemy.

you could use disableAI "MOVE" on the driver, then re-enable it after the tank it takes fire (handleDamage EH).

Start with no fuel. Create a trigger that fuels them.

forceSpeed 0; is probably better than disableAI "MOVE", because disableAI "MOVE" usually makes the unit stop rotating 360°.  can only confirm this with AI units, not tanks.