MichaelZFreeman

How do I remove or block use of DLC content in offline scenario ?

First I have to say, even though I don't personaly agree with the approach, that Bohemia have every right to sell their DLC in whatever way they see fit. I understand the system is intended for MP servers where other players may have the DLC. However I play offline single player with AI and the marksman DLC nag screen/popup came up. I don't want this in my game. How can I remove all the DLC in the scenario ? The editor ? Or is there some kind of setting or other approach ?

If you don't have the dlc, you can't pick up items or weapons that come with the marksman dlc - or use the vehicles from the helicopters and carts dlc. As long as you don't do that, you shouldn't get the pop ups.

There is no way to remove the dlc items if the mission/scenario you play uses units with dlc weapons (eg. Heavy Gunner- or the Sharpshooter-units) besides replacing those units in the mission.sqm via editor or in ai spawn scripts.

If you don't have the dlc, you can't pick up items or weapons that come with the marksman dlc - or use the vehicles from the helicopters and carts dlc. As long as you don't do that, you shouldn't get the pop ups.

There is no way to remove the dlc items if the mission/scenario you play uses units with dlc weapons (eg. Heavy Gunner- or the Sharpshooter-units) besides replacing those units in the mission.sqm via editor or in ai spawn scripts.

Thanks, so its the editor :) Been wanting to brush up my editor skills minimal as they are. The problem with the scenario is that I think the author randomly generates player gear on spawn which includes the DLC. The scenario does not cite the DLC as a requirement. I'm aware now that this appears to be the approach that the DLC is "just always in there" for everyone. Looking into this I realise I was using the British Forces in ArmA2 without even realising it was the "lite" version until now ! Have Bohemia never heard of explaining all this clearly on loading screens. They even have a warning there that "mods may effect performance" but nothing about the DLC situation for a player coming back to the game after sometime and so having missed all the DLC malarkey. To be frank it almost put me off A3 completely. But something good has come out of this. I bought ArmA2: CO on Steam and found that it runs 95% of the time @ 60fps on my new machine, I have access to massive amount of A2 mods, SP/coop scenarios that are fully devleoped (like Bohemia's Warfare and others), beta patches that have patched up the AI to almost fully working over the years. A3 just seems to need some getting used to, so now I have A2 as a fallback.

So A SOLUTION !!!:

A. Write a script ...

• Extract and scan any downloaded scenario for references to DLC that is put into the players gear from the start.
  • Show line numbers.
  • Alter script manually ...
  • or auto replace entries using script.

I did that for KART, smart in intention for ICRC, totally weird and immersion breaking in game; road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Edited by Johny
Removed the script code. Sorry, but this is not the kind of modding we support. I hope you understand.

I did that for KART, smart in intention for ICRC, totally weird and immersion breaking in game; road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Cool. So that's placed somewhere in the mission code ? I'm not very familiar with arma code apart from having added a unit to a mission once, and removing code when I'd already been told which code to remove. But can see just about see what your code does having coded in other languages before. I guess I could post about this on the mission's thread.

Edited by Johny
Removed the script code from the quote. Sorry, but this is not the kind of modding we support. I hope you understand

First I have to say, even though I don't personaly agree with the approach, that Bohemia have every right to sell their DLC in whatever way they see fit. I understand the system is intended for MP servers where other players may have the DLC. However I play offline single player with AI and the marksman DLC nag screen/popup came up. I don't want this in my game. How can I remove all the DLC in the scenario ? The editor ? Or is there some kind of setting or other approach ?

I am sorry you find our monetization of DLCs intrusive. Please remember that this way you are actually allowed to play the scenario without having to have the DLC. If the DLCs were sold in the regular way, you would not be able to play the scenario at all.

In any case, the best way to get rid of the nags is to purchase the DLCs on Steam or our Store.

• Like 4