Hello. I am trying to enable towing in safe zones, but I can't seem to find where I have to define it. I have been looking at "fn_advancedTowingInit.sqf", but all I can seem to find is: 

if!(missionNamespace getVariable ["SA_TOW_IN_EXILE_SAFEZONE_ENABLED",false]) then {

if(!isNil "ExilePlayerInSafezone") then {

if( ExilePlayerInSafezone ) then {

["Cannot attach tow ropes in safe zone",false] call SA_Hint;

_canBeTowed = false;

Am I looking in the right place?

You need to add this to your init.sqf file:

SA_TOW_IN_EXILE_SAFEZONE_ENABLED = true;

hey bud any chance of adding a towbar so vehicles can be both towed in reverse and pulled forward? 

• Like 1

Hello

Thanks for your great work ;)

Is it possible to reduce length of rope in script?

I am trynig to attach rope to object so i can moor boat to that object (tyre) via advanced towing function. "Object for mooring" class name is Land_Pneu so i put it in init.sqf and that looks like this:

SA_TOW_SUPPORTED_VEHICLES_OVERRIDE = [ "Air", "Ship" , "Land_Pneu" ]; and i also try SA_TOW_SUPPORTED_VEHICLES_OVERRIDE = [ "Air", "Ship" , "Thing" ];

Problem is when i try to deploy rope to tyre in the game i get error messages

1st http://imgur.com/cIrP3kO

and after second 2nd http://imgur.com/1XK5sq4

i have option "Deploy Tow Ropes" in action menu but for some reason-errors

Please, if enyone have idea what i am missing? Thanks in advance

Edited by Petifer

6 hours ago, Petifer said:

I am trynig to attach rope to object so i can moor boat to that object (tyre) via advanced towing function. "Object for mooring" class name is Land_Pneu so i put it in init.sqf and that looks like this:

SA_TOW_SUPPORTED_VEHICLES_OVERRIDE = [ "Air", "Ship" , "Land_Pneu" ]; and i also try SA_TOW_SUPPORTED_VEHICLES_OVERRIDE = [ "Air", "Ship" , "Thing" ];

Problem is when i try to deploy rope to tyre in the game i get error messages

1st http://imgur.com/cIrP3kO

and after second 2nd http://imgur.com/1XK5sq4

i have option "Deploy Tow Ropes" in action menu but for some reason-errors

Please, if enyone have idea what i am missing? Thanks in advance

Not all objects support ropes in Arma. Land_Pneu doesn't support ropes. Haven't dug much into what it is specifically about an object's configuration, but maybe someone else knows on the forums.

Okay let this be a one chance more but actually i just need some object for (moor) anchor the boat for that object not towing. I pushing hard and try everything else (hide quad bike in object or put the edge of object to cover edge of vehicle) but object react to surfaces and start to bump in the air. I also tried to disable simulation but then everything is disabled and yhere is no function to towing. I tried hide vehicle but unsuccsesful too. So i just need any object (as small as possible) to have function "deploy towing ropes". Anyway, thank you for answer i hope we will find solution. Sorry on my english. 

http://imgur.com/AEFnfOZ   on edge like this (trying to set up anchor-deployable object)

You can push boats back into the water with this mod:

I have seen and used variations of this on Escape servers when the boats become stuck and bank on the shores.

Give it a try and see if it works.

Im having a slight issue. i have installed this mod to my server... and its a barebones server. Exile, Altis map .. with only the dms mod ... i can get everything to work and the tow ropes attack but now all players within 5 min of playing get a "Session lost" and it kicks off the server.... i have followed all instructions and added/ changed everything ... anyone know how this could happen? ive wiped the server 2x and tried 3x still doing it ...

Thanks in advanced! im not a big scripter so make is simple for me lol

Hey guys, I like this mod, but I would like to add this to my A3 exile dedicated server. I have a couple of questions:

If the mod is added to the servers mission file, does each user still need to install it as a mod to their client?

and... how do add it to the mission file? What files do I need and how do I call the sqf file?

Sorry I'm new to this.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Jimbo Dude said:

Is it possible to change the length of the ropes? If so how? Thanks

Sorry, only supports one length currently 

Setup so only one specific vehicle can use this ? So only the Island port authority truck can tow..

Hmmm ive tried getting this working on my linux machine, tried running it under -mod and -serverMod but it still doesnt give me any tow options?

On 26/8/2016 at 10:27 AM, Eddlaser said:

I tried it, by fixing the code,

but the rope will be attached on the wrong side.

and the rope is to long (see in the screenshot)

C042338109C34C8DD9B59839BB54EEAD0AED5C12

how didt you do this mate?

Hi Duda!

Couple of questions for you, in the readme you say..

Optionally, this can be installed directly in the mission PBO by calling the advanced towing script via initServer.sqf. You'll find the sqf script (fn_advancedTowingInit.sqf) in the addons directory inside the downloaded addon.

Do I understand this right? Does this mean we can have an addon free install of Advanced Towing? I'm not opposed to installing addons, especially serverside ones.. am just curious.

Also, I'm getting some unexpected behaviour with vehicle locks. I notice you use the locked command to see if a vehicle is locked. My problem is that the locked command still returns 0 if the lockdriver true has been used on the vehicle. (locked command only responds to locks done by setvehiclelock)

This is a problem for me because I lockdriver one of my respawn vehicles when it's deployed and I can't have players towing it around while it's like that. So I'm thinking to change line 474 from

if( locked _cargo > 1 ) then {

to

if(( (locked _cargo) > 1 )  or (lockedDriver _cargo))then {

Would this be OK?

23 minutes ago, Tankbuster said:

Hi Duda!

Couple of questions for you, in the readme you say..

Do I understand this right? Does this mean we can have an addon free install of Advanced Towing? I'm not opposed to installing addons, especially serverside ones.. am just curious.

Also, I'm getting some unexpected behaviour with vehicle locks. I notice you use the locked command to see if a vehicle is locked. My problem is that the locked command still returns 0 if the lockdriver true has been used on the vehicle. (locked command only responds to locks done by setvehiclelock)

This is a problem for me because I lockdriver one of my respawn vehicles when it's deployed and I can't have players towing it around while it's like that. So I'm thinking to change line 474 from

if( locked _cargo > 1 ) then {

to

if(( (locked _cargo) > 1 )  or (lockedDriver _cargo))then {

Would this be OK?

Yes you can install it as a script without the addon.

Your change seems good to me.

Hi Duda, I've got a load of feedback from my players but I don't want you to drown in it, so I'm going to keep much of it back. :)

I di have two requests though -

would it be able to add a check that, when SA_MAX_TOWED_CARGO is set to 1, vehicles can only tow lighter vehicles> It does look odd having a quadbike a tow an MBT. :)

Also, although it wouldn't mix nicely with my above question, but how could I have it so only the Bobcat, can tow things? I'm assuming the override string can take a baseclass such as "B_APC_Tracked_01_CRV_F"?

------Good morning to all the boys, is the model okay, they asked me what I could do to place a sequence of commands in the init so that the two vehicles already appear one towing the other?--------

Hello !

Two days ago a new function has been added to the Arma's API, it is called setTowParent.
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setTowParent

It allows creating a realistic towing !

Description:
Allows towedVehicle to be towed by towingVehicle. This loosens the vehicle brakes of the towedVehicle and turned its steering wheels toward the towingVehicle. Supposed to be used together with a rope connecting both vehicles.

Please, add this function into your add-on.

I have been waiting for this feature since the first Arma (Armed Assault it was called).

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1