Hello

Is it possible to add an item for this ? A rope that once i found the item i can use it in the action menu.

Not just have this option with no rope in my inventory.

Thank you

As far as I know, there's no vanilla rope "inventory item" in the game. If I add one, it would require the addon to be also installed on the client side.

Doesn't work on the new exile mod 0.9.8

Error in .rpt file

"ExileServer - Network message dispatch failed: Forbidden message name! Payload: ["WYAmJiXd","AdvancedTowingRemoteExecClient",[[496d0100# 1447067: lr_covered_soft_baf.p3d,R :1 (Bothric) REMOTE],"SA_Take_Tow_Ropes",496d0100# 1447067: lr_covered_soft_baf.p3d,true]]"
18:21:33 "ExileServer - Network message dispatch failed: Forbidden message name! Payload: ["WYAmJiXd","AdvancedTowingRemoteExecClient",[[496d0100# 1447067: lr_covered_soft_baf.p3d,R :1 (Bothric) REMOTE],"SA_Take_Tow_Ropes",496d0100# 1447067: lr_covered_soft_baf.p3d,true]]"
18:21:38 "ExileServer - Network message dispatch failed: Forbidden message name! Payload: ["WYAmJiXd","AdvancedTowingRemoteExecClient",[[49636b00# 1447068: suv_01_f.p3d,R :1 (Bothric) REMOTE],"SA_Take_Tow_Ropes",49636b00# 1447068: suv_01_f.p3d,true]]"
18:21:41 "ExileServer - Network message dispatch failed: Forbidden message name! Payload: ["WYAmJiXd","AdvancedTowingRemoteExecClient",[[49636b00# 1447068: suv_01_f.p3d,R :1 (Bothric) REMOTE],"SA_Take_Tow_Ropes",49636b00# 1447068: suv_01_f.p3d,true]]"
18:21:45 "ExileServer - Network message dispatch failed: Forbidden message name! Payload: ["WYAmJiXd","AdvancedTowingRemoteExecClient",[[496d0100# 1447067: lr_covered_soft_baf.p3d,R :1 (Bothric) REMOTE],"SA_Take_Tow_Ropes",496d0100# 1447067: lr_covered_soft_baf.p3d,true]]"
18:21:56 "ExileServer - Network message dispatch failed: Forbidden message name! Payload: ["WYAmJiXd","AdvancedTowingRemoteExecClient",[[496d0100# 1447067: lr_covered_soft_baf.p3d,R :1 (Bothric) REMOTE],"SA_Take_Tow_Ropes",496d0100# 1447067: lr_covered_soft_baf.p3d,true]]"
18:22:00 "ExileServer - Network message dispatch failed: Forbidden message name! Payload: ["WYAmJiXd","AdvancedTowingRemoteExecClient",[[49636b00# 1447068: suv_01_f.p3d,R :1 (Bothric) REMOTE],"SA_Take_Tow_Ropes",49636b00# 1447068: suv_01_f.p3d,true]]"
18:22:04 "ExileServer - Network message dispatch failed: Forbidden message name! Payload: ["WYAmJiXd","AdvancedTowingRemoteExecClient",[[496d0100# 1447067: lr_covered_soft_baf.p3d,R :1 (Bothric) REMOTE],"SA_Take_Tow_Ropes",496d0100# 1447067: lr_covered_soft_baf.p3d,true]]"
18:22:07 "ExileServer - Network message dispatch failed: Forbidden message name! Payload: ["WYAmJiXd","AdvancedTowingRemoteExecClient",[[49636b00# 1447068: suv_01_f.p3d,R :1 (Bothric) REMOTE],"SA_Take_Tow_Ropes",49636b00# 1447068: suv_01_f.p3d,true]]"
18:22:20 "ExileServer - Network message dispatch failed: Forbidden message name! Payload: ["WYAmJiXd","AdvancedTowingRemoteExecClient",[[496d0100# 1447067: lr_covered_soft_baf.p3d,R :1 (Bothric) REMOTE],"SA_Take_Tow_Ropes",496d0100# 1447067: lr_covered_soft_baf.p3d,true]]"
18:22:23 "ExileServer - Network message dispatch failed: Forbidden message name! Payload: ["WYAmJiXd","AdvancedTowingRemoteExecClient",[[496d0100# 1447067: lr_covered_soft_baf.p3d,R :1 (Bothric) REMOTE],"SA_Take_Tow_Ropes",496d0100# 1447067: lr_covered_soft_baf.p3d,true]]"
18:22:40 "ExileServer - Network message dispatch failed: Forbidden message name! Payload: ["WYAmJiXd","AdvancedTowingRemoteExecClient",[[49636b00# 1447068: suv_01_f.p3d,R :1 (Bothric) REMOTE],"SA_Take_Tow_Ropes",49636b00# 1447068: suv_01_f.p3d,true]]"
18:22:43 "ExileServer - Network message dispatch failed: Forbidden message name! Payload: ["WYAmJiXd","AdvancedTowingRemoteExecClient",[[496d0100# 1447067: lr_covered_soft_baf.p3d,R :1 (Bothric) REMOTE],"SA_Take_Tow_Ropes",496d0100# 1447067: lr_covered_soft_baf.p3d,true]]"

How can i make a truck able to tow a M119?

I would really love to have truck towing artillery 

Also how do i make it work with addon vehicles?

I'm trying to tow an addon vehicle but it doesn't show the option to attach the rope, only to deploy it

How can i make a truck able to tow a M119?

I would really love to have truck towing artillery 

Also how do i make it work with addon vehicles?

I'm trying to tow an addon vehicle but it doesn't show the option to attach the rope, only to deploy it

I tried it, by fixing the code,

but the rope will be attached on the wrong side.

and the rope is to long (see in the screenshot)

C042338109C34C8DD9B59839BB54EEAD0AED5C12

• Like 1

any chance of a tow bar so towed vics can pushed back as well as towed forward??

not at all but i cant tow a truck or a car at the backside it only atatch at the front of the vehicle thats the poblem not the tank.

not at all but i cant tow a truck or a car at the backside it only atatch at the front of the vehicle thats the poblem not the tank.

Currently you can only attach to the front... sorry!

Can you tow a modern MBT?  Not sure, they're circa 70 tons!

Not a problem for a quad bike!

• Like 2

Pls pls pls give us keybindings... action menu is no good for piloting especially when you need to be accurate and slingload something

Hi all,

New to Arma 3. Played Arma 2 for years :).

I am just getting back into added mods and the towing script is my first. I have installed it and it seems to work but I am getting kicked when I try to use it the first time. Then when I log back in it's ok but when I try another vehicle again, it kicks. I am using Infistar and I have the mod running on an Exile server. My question is; is this likely to be a issue with Infistar compatibility, or an issue with battleye, or both? I can post my RPT log, I was just hoping someone might already have experience of this and know specifically.

Thanks

Andy

Hi all,

New to Arma 3. Played Arma 2 for years :).

I am just getting back into added mods and the towing script is my first. I have installed it and it seems to work but I am getting kicked when I try to use it the first time. Then when I log back in it's ok but when I try another vehicle again, it kicks. I am using Infistar and I have the mod running on an Exile server. My question is; is this likely to be a issue with Infistar compatibility, or an issue with battleye, or both? I can post my RPT log, I was just hoping someone might already have experience of this and know specifically.

Thanks

Andy

Sounds like a problem with battleye. See the description on steam - there's a section about setting up battleye rules.

Hello ! Nice mod, also for your other advanced mods

Is it possible to change name when scrolling mouse to use the mod for "Deploy tow ropes" , "Drop tow ropes''

I want just to adapt it to my language settings.

Thanks

Hello ! Nice mod, also for your other advanced mods

Is it possible to change name when scrolling mouse to use the mod for "Deploy tow ropes" , "Drop tow ropes''

I want just to adapt it to my language settings.

Thanks

Unless you're using the towing addon as a script, you can't.

Also, you wouldn't want to change "Deploy Tow Ropes" to "Drop Tow Ropes". There's already an action called "Drop Tow Ropes".

Deploy Tow Ropes: Take rope ropes out of the back of the towing vehicle and hold them in hand.

Drop Top Ropes: Drop the tow rope you're currently holding on the ground.

Unless you're using the towing addon as a script, you can't.

Also, you wouldn't want to change "Deploy Tow Ropes" to "Drop Tow Ropes". There's already an action called "Drop Tow Ropes".

Deploy Tow Ropes: Take rope ropes out of the back of the towing vehicle and hold them in hand.

Drop Top Ropes: Drop the tow rope you're currently holding on the ground.

Thank you

But i don't know if you inderstand me

I want to change it to french, 

I don't know yet how to use script in mission 

Hello duda123,

Can you add like Pushback in it?

or do a new mod with advanced pushback? :D

Please do not ever let this go to ACE...it works perfectly as it is without getting "integrated" into other things that already have bigger issues.

Not sure if anyone else was having issues with being kicked or not but if you are you need to put  !="sa_tow_ropes" !="sa_tow_ropes_vehicle" in your setVariableVal.txt located in your Battleye folder.

Question, I can't seem to get this to work on my server at all, aside from just loading it into the mission itself. My command line looks like this.
-ip=104.192.226.186 -port=2327 -noPause -noSound "-cfg=A3DS\basic.cfg" -ranking="" -par="" "-config=A3DS\server.cfg" "-profiles=A3DS" "-servermod=@Advanced_Sling_Loading;@Advanced_Towing" "-mod=" -world=empty -maxMem=6144|

Could you ask the guy that included this in the R3F honour mod to add the different lenghts and emergency towing rope? 

Question, I can't seem to get this to work on my server at all, aside from just loading it into the mission itself. My command line looks like this.

-ip=104.192.226.186 -port=2327 -noPause -noSound "-cfg=A3DS\basic.cfg" -ranking="" -par="" "-config=A3DS\server.cfg" "-profiles=A3DS" "-servermod=@Advanced_Sling_Loading;@Advanced_Towing" "-mod=" -world=empty -maxMem=6144|

What type of Arma 3 server are you running? Vanilla? Wasteland? If you are running a Wasteland you just need to add the script to the addons folder  and then add it to the init.sqf. I am guess many other mods are the same such as exile and epoch...

Hello. I am trying to enable towing in safe zones, but I can't seem to find where I have to define it. I have been looking at "fn_advancedTowingInit.sqf", but all I can seem to find is: 

if!(missionNamespace getVariable ["SA_TOW_IN_EXILE_SAFEZONE_ENABLED",false]) then {
if(!isNil "ExilePlayerInSafezone") then {
if( ExilePlayerInSafezone ) then {
["Cannot attach tow ropes in safe zone",false] call SA_Hint;
_canBeTowed = false;

Am I looking in the right place?