Thank you for the clarification, works great!

@munger:

I tried towing the arty piece with a M113, Hemet, T-72 and M1a1 from RHS and it wouldn't let me attach, said to find a bigger vehicle  o.0

What's the class hierarchy for the object?

Awesome mod!

Does this install like advanced sling loading to an mp server? I.e. Server side only?

Yes, same

Can you try adding this to your mission's init.sqf file and see how towing works?

SA_TOW_RULES_OVERRIDE [ ["AllVehicles", "CAN_TOW", "RHS_M119_WD"]];

However, I don't see that class listed here: http://class.rhsmods.org/rhsafrf/CfgVehicles.html

From the config viewer:  

configfile >> "CfgVehicles" >> "RHS_M119_WD"

["RHS_M119_base","StaticCannon","StaticWeapon","LandVehicle","Land","AllVehicles","All"]

Tried the override.. still no worky.  The override gets declared before the .sqf call in init right??

You'd have to calculate the simulated force applied on the rope. It can get complicated. (e.g. the force is going to be less if the cargo is off to the side vs directly behind you)

Probably want to calculate the acceleration of the vehicle, and then take the mass of both vehicles into account plus the angle of the rope.

I guessed something like that. It just bugs me when I see sling loads swinging like pendulums under helicopters with no risk to the cable and/or helicopter. Its like cables are made of the strongest material known to man and momentum disappears.

But hey this is definitely a start in the right direction. I think it really expands missions, vehicle recovery, re-supply, repairs, etc.

I agree - it's possible, but I'm not sure by default I want to require all players to carry something. However, if you want to do this, I can definitely add some hooks into the code base to assist. For instance, I could set it up to call some function (which the mission maker can override) to check if ropes can be deployed from a vehicle.

hmmm... its just a rope, and a hook. thats hooked to hookie thingies... no wrench needed.

I believe  what you ask for is for a mission maker, or custom mod to do.

I agree - it's possible, but I'm not sure by default I want to require all players to carry something. However, if you want to do this, I can definitely add some hooks into the code base to assist. For instance, I could set it up to call some function (which the mission maker can override) to check if ropes can be deployed from a vehicle.

An option for the MM to define which object would be great.

I don't have one. However, I can tell you from my testing it looks and works exactly the same with one difference: if you're watching someone tow something, the thing being towed is not as smooth.

I don't have one. However, I can tell you from my testing it looks and works exactly the same with one difference: if you're watching someone tow something, the thing being towed is not as smooth.

thanks

Release v1.2 of Advanced Towing

Latest version can be found on steam or here:

https://github.com/sethduda/AdvancedTowing/tree/1.2

• Fixed issue with towing vehicles over objects (e.g. bridges and docks)
  • Vehicles no longer float on water when towed over water.
  • Disabled vehicle "chaining" by default. You can enable this feature again by setting SA_TOW_CHAINS_ENABLED to true in your init.sqf file.

Can you add the ability to turn the equipment?

_car setVectorUp [0,0,1]; 

Or attach the cable at different points.Now it is impossible to turn the car and put it back on its wheels.

You want a way to flip a vehicle?

Vehicles no longer float on water when towed over water.

Some vehicles is still floating. More precisely, they ride on the water)

And now I can't flip upturned vehicles while towing. I noticed this feature in the first version of the script.