Drifter

[WIP] Terrain - Khogyani, Ghazni Province, Afghanistan

Crazy good! What performance are you getting with all this terrain details?

BTW, like the creative use of the cement blocks ;)

With my computer specs, which was built for ArmA 2 back in 2012-2013 is getting a solid 30-45 frames (Which is good for me).

You are making really good progress with your map making skills!! There is a big difference from your first map and the pictures showed above.. Congrats mate :)

You are making really good progress with your map making skills!! There is a big difference from your first map and the pictures showed above.. Congrats mate :)

Thank you.

Weekly Update:

I will be attempting to stream the progress on 5/3/16 and 5/4/16 as much as I can, I will be on and off from times when streaming the progress being made. I will announce on the stream when it will come down and approximately when I will start again. I am streaming right now at this time. SCREENSHOTS WILL BE PROVIDED ON 5/5/16 HERE.

NOTE: It may not be the best quality on YouTube.

Stream - https://gaming.youtube.com/user/BlueDotGamingHD/live

New Features:

*New villages and outskirts of larger towns finished.

*A few vegetation fields and crop fields outlined.

*New terraformed hills, ditches and creeks.

Bugs/Issues:

*Gray object marks not showing up on navigation map.

STREAM STATUS: Done, will start back up later tonight.

• Like 1

Will there be caves?

Probably not in this project. But maybe my next one...

Nangalam, Kunar anyone for my next project?

• Like 1

Hello. Good job with this like every time you make something. Keep it up. Also i want to ask you if are you going to do area around Gereshk town in Helmand province?? because i am working on FOB PRICE which is located SW from Gereshk so i could send it to you to support your map. Its just my opinion and its always up to you! Thanks

Greets DonbassCZ

Hello. Good job with this like every time you make something. Keep it up. Also i want to ask you if are you going to do area around Gereshk town in Helmand province?? because i am working on FOB PRICE which is located SW from Gereshk so i could send it to you to support your map. Its just my opinion and its always up to you! Thanks

Greets DonbassCZ

I can add it on my list. It won't hurt to put another project in my line of terrains  :)

• Like 2

I will be streaming soon, 5/5/16. Check out the stream as I finish a few more compounds, trees/bushes to prepare for the Alpha release sometime in the next 2 weeks!

NOTE: It may not be the best quality stream on YouTube.

Stream: https://gaming.youtube.com/user/BlueDotGamingHD/live

• Like 1

Stream ended for 5/5/2016

A video version of the stream is uploaded on my channel.

Stay updated, as I plan on getting the Alpha version released within next week.

Also I may be opening my units Private server to the public for a day or two for testing the terrain, I will post whether I decide on opening it or not on the release topic and what dates it will be available on.

Thanks for supporting my terrains!

• Like 3

Alpha Release: Around the Corner!

As of 5/9/16, I am nearing the Alpha release of Khogyani, Ghazni Province, Afghanistan. The development of this terrain is coming along great! I am not worn out or unmotivated about this terrain like some of my past terrains. The areas and zones in the Alpha release portion of the terrain is not 100% complete.

Alpha Features:

*All Compounds finished in the Alpha release zone.

*Most Tree lines finishes.

*Some farmlands outlined and finished.

*Some terraforming complete.

To do in next Alpha update:

*New farmland outlines and crops.

*Some more treelines.

*More terraforming. (Hills, Berms, Ditches, Creeks, etc.)

Bugs/issues:

*Gray object outlines not showing up in 2d editor map or navigational map.

An Alpha release game server will be hosted by my unit 1 week after release so people can download the terrain and get the required addons for both our server and the terrain.

For more information about our server and how to join in on the fun and testing, please wait until I make the release topic under the Completed Addons forum.

Thank you for supporting this terrain and hopefully you guys will enjoy!

• Like 5