Drifter

[WIP] Terrain - Khogyani, Ghazni Province, Afghanistan

Hello, some may know about my other terrain Southern Waziristan, Pakistan. That terrain is still my number one priority, although since this terrain is significantly smaller in size to Waziristan, it will probably be finished first.

About this project:
This terrain is based in the Ghazni Province of Afghanistan. For a google maps location click here. This terrain will be as close to the real life satellite images. The structures will be different, but the compounds layouts, roads, foliage and geographical features will be as accurate as I can get them.

This terrain is intended for missions like foot patrols. For those realism units or groups that like to do some foot patrol missions, this might be a terrain to try out.

Required Addons:

JBAD_Buildings

Time span:
This project will hopefully be released soon for the initial release, I may release an Alpha version on a unknown date.

Pictures:

0D1322C240AE07F4C9CD728C2E64082F1D6CF100

0C79328E8ACD481429CBCA5DE936F21F4937006F

637C0DECD99A97897DBEEBD1CFE24EA0176DFC22

0F9327AC5E7BD7672EBE4E72A3E9CA06D95052CD

Thanks to:
MilkM8n and smokedog for Jbad Buildings
ArmA 3 community

• Like 5

Really looks good..looking forward to this..right up my alley with a smaller map for Infantry.

Diesel

Towns look great Drifter... can foresee some great battles in there... keep it up..

Looking good-we need some high quality Afghan maps.

• Like 1

Awesome, just like your other map, I'll be following your development!

• Like 1

Awesome map. Looks interesting, are you planning bigger map as next one??

Greets DonbassCZ

Awesome map. Looks interesting, are you planning bigger map as next one??

Greets DonbassCZ

Thanks, I do have plans for a larger scale Afghanistan terrain after I am finished with Waziristan and Khogyani.

• Like 1

Thanks, I do have plans for a larger scale Afghanistan terrain after I am finished with Waziristan and Khogyani.

Good to hear-would love to see a well detailed mountainous region like Kunar province.

This doesn't amaze or shock me, but the new ArmA 3 EDEN update broke something. I can no longer pack any of my terrains that I have private updates for and public release updates, I can no longer produce updates to play in-game. I can still work on the terrains and all, but I can no longer test them in-game or pack them to be playable in-game, which angers me.

So, I guess we play the waiting game and see if anyone can help me fix this ridiculous issue.

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/189664-mikero-tools-issue-arma-3-not-working-when-packing-my-terrains-screenshot-provided/

Disregard my last post. Found the issue out, but I am gonna have to use the BI Addon Builder, which seems to work for now.

*DISAPPOINTING UPDATE*

All of my terrains are on hold. I can no longer work on these terrains due to these reasons:

1. Mikero's Tools (Free version) are broken with the new update and have not been updated. He has a paid version that is updated with the newest ArmA update, but I honestly am not willing to pay for them.

2. Bohemia's tools are frustrating, I can't stand them. I am encountering an issue where I can pack the terrain for in-game use, BUT... when I go in game and go to the editor to prepare screenshots and testing. The terrain is no where to be seen on the list of maps to be loaded. I'm sure I am not doing something right. I watched tutorials on how to use Addon Builder for terrains and still nothing. No good results from the new update. I can't produce maps if I can't get my projects packed.

Well, I will see you guys hopefully soon, either when a new free version comes out of Mikero's Tools "PBOProject" or someone helps me with the BI Tools issue.

Doing a completely fresh install of the mod tools including all user configs, P drive etc etc did the trick for me :)

Doing a completely fresh install of the mod tools including all user configs, P drive etc etc did the trick for me :)

I will give it a shot.

Nothing. Same issue, reinstalled ArmA Tools. No success.

I am encountering an issue where I can pack the terrain for in-game use, BUT... when I go in game and go to the editor to prepare screenshots and testing. The terrain is no where to be seen on the list of maps to be loaded. I'm sure I am not doing something right. I watched tutorials on how to use Addon Builder for terrains and still nothing. No good results from the new update. I can't produce maps if I can't get my projects packed.

I had a similar issue a few weeks ago... Try packing your terrain with Eliteness V.2.32 instead.

I had a similar issue a few weeks ago... Try packing your terrain with Eliteness V.2.32 instead.

Trying Eliteness, getting an error. "Detected Unbinarised WRP". Any solution?

Trying Eliteness, getting an error. "Detected Unbinarised WRP". Any solution?

That's the same error I got.

Which version of Eliteness have you tried? I remember that the latest versions had that kind of problem.

That's the same error I got.

Which version of Eliteness have you tried? I remember that the latest versions had that kind of problem.

I am running v3.29.5.24 although I found a work around! My terrain is now loading in game and I can run around and all. BUT... when I load in 2D editor. The map does not show the gray outlines of objects and buildings for some reason, BUT... when I go in game to run around and play. The buildings are there along with walls and so on.

So what I did was pack the map up with ArmA 3 Addon Builder. Go into the packed PBO it produced, grabbed the WRP and replaced the WRP in my projects folder with the packed one and PBO'd it with Eliteness and it worked.

• Like 4

New pictures and additions!

Updates / additions:
* New compounds / towns.
* New foliage lines.
* A few elevation changes.

* New rivers / creeks

* New military outpost.

Issues:

* Cannot see gray outline objects when looking at the map in 2D Editor or in-game navigation map.

Click here for pictures

• Like 4

I have decided that every week I will be releasing a progression map for those that want to keep up with how far the terrain has progressed. So far this is what I've got.

Weekly Progression map:

HVFpla7l.jpg

Release Map:

N7sjBzvl.jpg

• Like 6

Weekly Update:

New Features:

*New major town complete, "Wazgari".

*New small villages/compounds.

*A few vegetation fields and crop fields outlined and complete.

*New treeline's and forests.

*New terraformed hills, ditches and creeks.

Bugs/Issues:

*Gray object marks not showing up on navigation map.

Weekly Highlights:

XNxn6hUl.jpg

9WNfWxZl.jpg

1UDVlxEl.jpg

1LjqN7vl.jpg

Qxv6Fk3l.jpg

gaSxQjAl.jpg

2vrDAPbl.jpg

Weekly Progression Map:

x22AZrEl.jpg

Full Imgur Gallery

http://imgur.com/a/Xz3yn

• Like 11

Crazy good! What performance are you getting with all this terrain details?

BTW, like the creative use of the cement blocks ;)