Sign in to follow this  
infiltrator_2k

Some Addons Not Showing UP?

I've downloaded a few addons, but not all are showing up.  But what's throwing me that if I change the order they're typed into the parameter, the ones that previously weren't showing up would suddenly show up and the ones that were showing up would then disappear.  I downloaded these addons via PWS.  Could it be possible some are corrupt?  Could a corrupt addon have this affect bizarre effect?

These addons are substantial in size, so before I scrub them all and start afresh, it would be nice to know that it's their corruption that's the cause and nothing else. 

Cheers

Infil.

Are the mod folders loaded in the correct mod folder structure, for example:

@mymod/addons/myaddons.pbo

Also are you loading the mod folders via a launcher so that are loaded when the game starts?

Also what mods are you trying to load?

You may have to go into your options and tell the launcher what folder your mods are in.

Had the same problem, re-downloalded CUP to find I just had to select the folder again after this recent Eden update.

I downloaded a Map the other day and had to go into the launcher and add it as a "local Mod" even though it was in my main root directory with all my other mods. I think its the way some of the Mods are named as well.

Diesel

Von Quest, on 10 Mar 2016 - 12:54, said:

You may have to go into your options and tell the launcher what folder your mods are in.

Had the same problem, re-downloalded CUP to find I just had to select the folder again after this recent Eden update.

I'm not using a launcher as I'm adding the addons for a dedicated server, so I'm simply adding creating a shortcut and adding the parameters from there.

Infil.

*Update*

Last night I re-downloaded all the addons but still no joy.  The only thing I can now think of is the mission that I'm trying to host is a BMR Insurgency one, and a script has been written in to replace the units with the ones contained in the addons should you run them.  Tonight I'll try again and run the addons in the order it states in the mission's description.  If that fails, I'll reinstall the server.  I also noted that ASR Ai is both a client and server-sided addon.  I read from the author that it runs better if ran on both client and server so I've never ran the -serverMod parameter.  However, if there's little benefit to ASR Ai running on a client, I won't broadcast the fact it's installed on the server to reduce addon dependency.  

Well, I give up.  I've not been able to get more than five addons working at any one time.  There seems to be a conflict somewhere.  I'm able to get CBA_A3, ASR_AI3, AGDG_JR, Kunduz and RHSAFRF working.  If I add or remove an addons I get different combinations of addons showing up and disappearing.  There seems to be some kind of conflict somewhere.   

I'm totally stumped :/

Is your server running Linux?  If memory serves (it often doesn't!!) there was an issue on Linux with the number of key files - ie: after a certain threshold it would stop loading addons... although I thought that had been fixed in a previous update.

SavageCDN, on 15 Mar 2016 - 14:24, said:

Is your server running Linux?  If memory serves (it often doesn't!!) there was an issue on Linux with the number of key files - ie: after a certain threshold it would stop loading addons... although I thought that had been fixed in a previous update.

No, it's running Windows Server 2012.

Try lumping all the addons into one @folder.. .also try turning off sig checks to see if that makes any difference.

re: asr_ai - you don't need it on the clients if clients are not spawning local AI - ie: Zeus

SavageCDN, on 18 Mar 2016 - 14:57, said:

Try lumping all the addons into one @folder.. .also try turning off sig checks to see if that makes any difference.

re: asr_ai - you don't need it on the clients if clients are not spawning local AI - ie: Zeus

I've not tried lumping all the addons together yet.  But turning off sig checks doesn't make any difference.  I know ASR Ai is primarily server-sided, which is why I use the serverMod in the parameters.  I might try the M$ Server 2016 and see if that fixes things.  

Check the feedback tracker too - I can't imaging someone else hasn't run into this if there is an issue with 2012.  We use 2008 R2 and have never had this problem.

Its still down.

Oh wow.. I just assumed it would be back up by now.  They really need to get that sorted.

I'm currently having this very same issue. 

This is what shows up below, I'm missing RHS, TRYK, and ryans zombies addons in the expansions.

expansions_zpsd75hr2fv.png

Here is what my arma3.par file looks like, Im using a hosting provider bluefangsolutions so this is how I have to do my addons.

class Arg
{
        mod="-mod=@exile;@Namalsk;@CBA_A3;@CUP_Weapons;@CUP_Vehicles;@CUP_Units;@TRYK;@RHSAFRF;@RHSUSF;@Zombies and Demons";
servermod="-servermod=@exileserver;@A3XAI;@ASR_AI3;@Enigma";
autoInit="-autoInit";
};

If I rearrange the addons the others will show up, its really weird.  :huh: