MarkCode82

Why so many dynamic AI systems?

They don't remind me of being dynamic when they turn then turn back then laydown, still the same process.
AI needs an overhaul at the FSM layer to make it smarter.

They don't remind me of being dynamic when they turn then turn back then laydown, still the same process.

I don't why are there so many countries in the world? Same answer, everyone wants to do their own thing. As far as your actual statement, sounds like you got some work to do.

• Like 4

0_o thats typically what most AI mods do (VCOM does it anyways).

From my experience it made them more intelligent though you can't influence the low level behaviours.

most of the low level behaviours aren't even availiable to us, its locked down inside the engine for the most part, though there is some small bits exposed here and there but not enough to greatly influence overall behaviour and intelligence.

Well you know what you need to do then-do show us what you come up with ;)

Easier said than done...

As far as I know, the low-level FSMs are not accessible to us. User-created FSMs for AI behavior have just as much (and just as little) precedence as scripted behavior; using the FSM format is more a matter of preference. 

As far as I know, the low-level FSMs are not accessible to us. User-created FSMs for AI behavior have just as much (and just as little) precedence as scripted behavior; using the FSM format is more a matter of preference.

As far as I understand that article  you can not only add own FSMs but modify some of BIs FSMs too.

That is a little more than run scripted behavior on ai only.

Are FSM's not executed in the non-scheduled though?

FSMs are running in a non-scheduled environment (see KKs blog) but I think you can spawn code in them in a scheduled environment, but I m not sure.

I think you can spawn code in them in a scheduled environment, but I m not sure.

Yes you can spawn code inside it, and it will run in scheduled environment.