ArgoLion

Terrain elevation Builder Problem

Hi I imported all my files in terrain builder (mask 4096x4096, satellite 4096x4096, terrain 4096x4096), once then I go to edit the terrain and It gives as the maximum elevation 4000m and 2000m as a minimum elevation.

Now I would like to know if there is a way to manually set the different elevations....please help me are days that I'm trying to find answers to this. Thank you in advance

Your sat and mask are way to small, 4096 is really low res. Mine is 40960x40960. What cell size do you have for your terrain?

As for you elevation problem, I don't really have an idea what your trying to do...

• Like 1

I use cell size is 4, the fact is that if I bring everything to 40960x40960m, and then I'm going to create the mapframe dragging it with the left button to select the map crashes me Terrain Builder. However, what I asked you how to set up an elevation on the terrain builder manually ..... in short, to model all of the hills manually heights

Use a program like L3dt

Your sat and mask are way to small, 4096 is really low res. Mine is 40960x40960. What cell size do you have for your terrain?

As for you elevation problem, I don't really have an idea what your trying to do...

but with this I change to my liking heights ?

Hi I imported all my files in terrain builder (mask 4096x4096, satellite 4096x4096, terrain 4096x4096), once then I go to edit the terrain and It gives as the maximum elevation 4000m and 2000m as a minimum elevation.

Now I would like to know if there is a way to manually set the different elevations....please help me are days that I'm trying to find answers to this. Thank you in advance

federick1234, I read this thread the other day then just now saw this video and the guy points out exactly this max elevation 4000 entry -- check this out it may help you   https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=owFePP8DH14&list=PLUiViqS-dLHq0o7IM7_5u6tCMy-F3CVW6#t=426

frederick1234, L3dT is probably alot better to manually alter your terrain elevations either by hand using brush tools (which is quicker than TB) or by setting the values in the terrains properties. you can also set the water heights, the slope gradiants, probably 80 -90 % more can be changed in L3DT manually than it can in TB. 

Terrain -> Edit Terrain

Make sure under Window -> Object Properties is selected

Then you can scale, add, etc in the properties tab.

I have a question and cannot start a new topic, but:  Is editing terrain using the brush tool in buldozer a no-no?  I have a 6km^2 map with an elevation range of 64 meters, and I crash after even the smallest terrain lifts/smooths using the brush in buldozer.

I use BD for editing small parts of terrain but need the bigger brush in L3DT to alter elevations like hills etc.