That is really slick man..will be watching this as you progress..thanks for sharing!

Diesel

Cool, I like it!  There might be a better animation you can play while he's zipping.  Like the parachute anim perhaps.  Or pistol anim (hands together around line), and feet up (body parallel to ground),  Just an idea.

Nice, just needs 3 main anims: attaching, sliding down and landing. Lots of potential.

Attach the soldier to an invisible dummy object while sliding down the rope and use setVectorUp on the dummy. That should allow you to tilt the soldier to be paralell with the rope.

Anyway, nice idea!

I too tried making zip lines once, and this happened: :D

With two ropes and a dummy darter.

• Like 1

Hahaha.

I've used the 2-rope approach for a fastroping script once, that worked pretty well.

Not sure why it's so wobbly in your vid.

Probably better to stick with 1 rope for a simple zipline.

Especially since ropes have a tendency to get stuck when you unwind them too fast. (at least last time I checked)

This is exactly what I am looking for to add to my server.... Is there anyway to make this a server addon to be either deployable by players or setup by server admins/owners around the map as static fixtures?

this is awesome.. i would like to use this on my server to.

if it is possible to use as a script? ...or is it a mod only?

i have a dm server, it would be nice to have this set up on rooftops and some vantage points for a quick escape if the position is compromised.   :)