Sign in to follow this  
gruso

SITREP #00146: 1.54 greenlit for Mac & Linux

TO: Arma 3 Users

INFO: Ports Update, Tasks Overhaul, Scripting Additions

PRECEDENCE: Flash

It has been a while since we had concrete information to share about the experimental client ports to Linux and Mac OS. We've finally received the green light to release the 1.54 version (so that is not yet Eden Update). The plan is to publish these updates tomorrow for people who've installed Arma 3 on those platforms (this does not affect Windows players in any way). Our tech partners at Virtual Programming will then proceed to work on the next update, but we cannot yet say when it will be ready. As we communicated when we first opened the public beta for these ports, the timing of port updates cannot be guaranteed. In this case for example, our QA teams needed to prioritize 1.56 testing of the primary Windows version, causing extra delays for the ports. We do however see good support on the port platforms, so we've decided to continue updating them this year. We can also say that BattlEye anti-cheat support should finally arrive to a future update of the ports.

https://dev.arma3.com/post/sitrep-00146

B)

At this point I'm looking forward to Eden even more than BE. Such a game changer just to fire up and fool around with. As they say, baby steps...

I've got a public arma 3 port linux server setup with -beta legacyports but what todo now.  How could I get the 1.54 server files to test publicly?

Bio.

NVM I found the beta code for its -beta legacy -betapassword Arma3Legacy154

If case someone else is having the same issue. Only required for server though.

1.54 doesn't seem to like my little USB sound card. All sounds are just scratchy static. The internal speakers (it's a laptop) work fine.

On more positive notes:

• The annoyance of right clicking occasionally bringing up the desktop context menu in-game appears to be gone (so far).
  • Signs of improved mod compatibility. That is to say the old version of SSPCM I had loaded now works - woot. More testing to do.
  • In general, great to be on the newer version!

Think there is a ALSA config fix for the scratchy sound issue (can help) but I can't really remember what it was, something about unhashing something in Alsa config to do with timings.

I also have sound problems with my external card (Focusrite Saffire USB 6). However this seems to be not Arma related since I have the same problems in Cities: Skylines and some other games. Have a look at this:

https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=44862

I couldn't try it myself yet, but maybe there is a solution. 

Edit: I see that the linked thread is already six years old, so I don't know if that is still helpful...

@gruso: Have a look at your /etc/openal/alsoft.conf. Search for the entry "frequency" and set it correctly (48000 I guess) and make sure it's not commented out. This fixed the problem with my external card. 

Any update with BE coming to the Linux/Mac ports? It's been out for ARK for quite a while now.