Even though in the latest update they stated in Spot-rep #00053

"Fixed: Every second JIP client was spawned into a seagull"

My multiplayer mission with respawns and AIdisabled still is affected by this bug. Every player after the 1st to join becomes a seagull. They then have to backout of the server completely then rejoin in a new slot. Besides enabling AI for the playable slots (which does fix it, but not appropriate for my mission) are there any fixes? 

Also yes my server and client are updated.

• Like 1

It appears to be an issue associated with the Eden Editor. I recommend using the 2D editor at the moment.

As for this bug in particular, send Dwarden a message with the full steps on how to reproduce the issue, which version of the game you're using and so on. I sent him a message last week, so he is aware that it still occurs, but it doesn't hurt to confirm.

Even though in the latest update they stated in Spot-rep #00053

"Fixed: Every second JIP client was spawned into a seagull"

My multiplayer mission with respawns and AIdisabled still is affected by this bug. Every player after the 1st to join becomes a seagull. They then have to backout of the server completely then rejoin in a new slot. Besides enabling AI for the playable slots (which does fix it, but not appropriate for my mission) are there any fixes? 

Also yes my server and client are updated.

Hello,

your issue as you describe it seems to be slightly different (correct me if I am wrong).

What you are describing seems to be a problem where every player after the first one joins as seagull, the issue SPOTREP was referring to was that a player who reconnected to the server spawned as seagull (that is player JIPs > normal > reconnects > seagull > reconnects > normal > reconnect > seagull ... and so on).

To find out what might be wrong, I would like to ask you for the server rpt files created when this issue occured and a simple repro mission (or your mission if that is more convenient) so we can track the issue down. 

The best way to do that is to zip those files and upload them to some free file sharing service (dropbox for example) and PM me the link.

If you have some additional info about this issue, that is if you find out a game setting or something that seems to be causing this issue, make sure to include that in the message also.

Thank you :)

Hey, just wanted to chime in and say that I'm experiencing the same problem. 

When the second player joins he becomes a seagull, rejoining and picking another slot fixes it. Yesterday thought he always became seagull, no matter what role or how many times he reconnected.

Wanted to hop on the train with you guys, I've got the exact same issue. Well, not exactly but very close to it. I got AltisLife running together with CBA and TaskForceRadio. It works perfectly fine when both me and my friend is joining the server at the same time but once I disconnect and reconnect, I see myself as a seagull. He still plays fine though but the same problem occurs if he is going to disconnect and reconnect while I'm ingame. 

Strange thing is, If I join an other playerside (indie or civ), it works perfectly fine. But if I join blufor, I become an seagull again. Doesn't matter which slot I choose.

Edit: Just a side notice, I've used Eden Editor to edit in some extra objects etc and to change the scenery.

Edit 2: Still got the same problem even without CBA & TFAR

Someone mentioned that using the description.ext was causing this. I haven't tested it myself, but it's probably worth looking into.

Yes and no. I believe it has to do with the respawn settings in eden conflicting with the ones defined in the description. If not that I believe it has to do with the no leader in the rpt files.
Will know more once razazel gets back to me. I will share his findings if necessary :) stay tuned.

Got the same problem.

Now I took the mission.sqm file that I had BEFORE the eden update - And no one is spawning as seagulls anymore.

So it has something to do with the 3D editor imo.

It is definitely an Eden Editor issue. My unit has been using the 2D editor after the Eden update and we've had no issues with seagulls other than when playing on Eden Editor-made missions.

Team just did a op and the same issue happened. Seems to be with player slots that have had someone connected to it once before.

We got this issue too with our first eden mission. We have a custom respawn template set in description.ext. It's very difficult to troubleshoot because it only seems to happen when there's lots of people online (we had 25ish). Before and after the op it seemed to work fine (without restarting the map).

I am having this issue and players dying instantly on respawn as well. I am positive it is an error caused by the EDEN editor. As the only change made to this mission was converting to it to the 3d editor. That said, I am not sure what is causing it. I have noticed that when re-configuring squads in the 3d editor there is definitely a problem with the number assigning system as stated here.

I've noticed players turning into seagulls when there's a problem with script - for example looped .sqf that executes code all the time and lags out the server. In that case some of the players can actually move but cannot open inventory or enter a vehicle. Others are seagulls.

I can supply a mission that causes that.

I've noticed players turning into seagulls when there's a problem with script - for example looped .sqf that executes code all the time and lags out the server. In that case some of the players can actually move but cannot open inventory or enter a vehicle. Others are seagulls.

I can supply a mission that causes that.

So it appears to be a BI issue?

Anyone having this issue using a clean up script that deletes empty groups?

We are having the same issue with user made missions in Eden. Players who JIP join in as Seagulls. Disconnecting and reconnecting SOMETIMES fixes this issue, as does backing out to lobby and choosing a different player slot. Only sometimes though, usually you are SOL/seagull.

Really makes playing custom made missions difficult at the moment, as this does not allow for users to be disconnected and rejoin the mission. And this Arma. So that happens like, all the time.

Hey guys I just want to update everyone on that this issue will be solved with the 1.58 update. Cheers