BLUFOR MBT-52 Kuma

64QFVMw.png

Hiya! I created a BLUFOR retexture for the MBT-52 Kuma, complete with correct crew, tracer color, and stored weapons. I also included the source files, including the textures in both XCF and PSD formats.

You may use the content inside as long as you credit me! I hope y'all enjoy!

Extra screenshot

DOWNLOAD

BLUFOR MBT-52 KUMA

STEAM WORKSHOP

MEGA

ARMAHOLIC

BLUFOR FV-720 MORA

STEAM WORKSHOP

MEGA

ARMAHOLIC

BLUFOR MSE-3 MARID

STEAM WORKSHOP (SOON)

MEGA

ARMAHOLIC

CREDITS

Original texture and config by Bohemia Interactive.

• Like 7

Sweet! need to have a look at this as soon as I get home. Any plans for further reskins? I have long been waiting for someone to do a T-100 in AAF or BLUFOR skin. Also a The A-143 Buzzard in OPFOR or BLUFOR skins would be awesome too. 

Sweet! need to have a look at this as soon as I get home. Any plans for further reskins? I have long been waiting for someone to do a T-100 in AAF or BLUFOR skin. Also a The A-143 Buzzard in OPFOR or BLUFOR skins would be awesome too. 

BLUFOR retextures for the FV-720 Mora, MSE-3 Marid, and an OPFOR retexture for the A-143 Buzzard are finished.  :)

I'm currently doing an AAF/CSAT Slammer/Panther/Cheetah/Stomper/Sandstorm.

• Like 2

Awesome work! Screenshot looks great!

Maybe an AAF black eagle too? ;)

I'll consider it - no promises. ;P

• Like 1

I'll consider it - no promises. ;P

No worries, it´s your mod so you work on the stuff that makes you happy. 

Another reskin I been thinking about that no-one has done before is the RPG-42 (Alamut). It´s a favourite for being unguided, but unfortunately it only comes in CSAT colors which can cause all kinds of troubles with friendly fire etc. 

I love your psds,

Any other vehicles planned?

I love your psds,

Any other vehicles planned?

OPFOR/Independent Slammer/Panther series, OPFOR/Independent Hunter, OPFOR Buzzard, and Independent Varsuk series.

I've done some retexturing myself, Including the Kuma. What amazes me of your PSD files is how you've exported the Normal map and the Material map. Could you help me out with those so i can make better retextures my self?

BTaQRnG.png

• Like 1

I've done some retexturing myself, Including the Kuma. What amazes me of your PSD files is how you've exported the Normal map and the Material map. Could you help me out with those so i can make better retextures my self?

Sure thing!

Just a heads up, I use Gimp when creating these textures. So, regarding the normal map, I first desaturate it, then use color the gray (c0c0c0) to alpha using "Color to Alpha". After that, I set the layer mode to "Multiply". Now, for the Material map. I desaturate the specular (SMDI) map. The specular map is used to add more details such as highlights and dirt. I generally just mess with the desaturated specular map's contrast until it works.

I'll see about recording a video of doing this process. :)

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey Nightmare515 , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

• Like 1

When I started out this video helped me out a lot. As Nightmare515 stated, if you depbo the vanilla arma 3 assets you have a .nohq, .smdi and sometimes .as all ready to go. Desaturate, color to alpha and this helps a lot to see where the lines are while you're working on the textures. 

I believe there's an advanced way of doing it when using stuff like Quixel suite (in tandem with photoshop) which allows for crazy details, although I'm not knowledgeable enough in that xD.
Also I think Gimp was a better way of getting into it than photoshop (probably because photoshop can be a bit more advanced).

I can give you a few pointers myself crabz, seeing as we'll be doing a joint op soon xD You know which TS to be :P

Hi everyone. I plan to release a few more things soon. I'm currently busy with IRL stuff so I can't give an exact date.

• Like 2

Hello can i use your Bluefor armored skin for create a Faction, im not able to get it on the steamworkshop.

Im working on a European New world Order Faction + an Independant Freedom Fighter Faction

On 1/17/2018 at 3:32 PM, damsous said:

Hello can i use your Bluefor armored skin for create a Faction, im not able to get it on the steamworkshop.

Im working on a European New world Order Faction + an Independant Freedom Fighter Faction

Sure thing, but since this mod is no longer available either look for it on Armaholic or download Arma 3 Aegis, a better version of that texture is in Aegis which you can use.

• Like 2

On 21/01/2018 at 1:20 PM, Night515 said:

Sure thing, but since this mod is no longer available either look for it on Armaholic or download Arma 3 Aegis, a better version of that texture is in Aegis which you can use.

ok thank you

Thanks, the PSD files are really cool.

Made this tank for a german forces mission

cKLGxU7.png

• Like 4