Hello,

My nickname is Flash-Ranger. I have played OFP since it's release in 2001. I am a huge fan of your work and of the BIS Spirit. This is why I am so pained to come to you with this request/question.

In OFP, the CTF system was perfect. Do you remember the amount of hours we spent (And I'm sure you did too) chasing ourselves with the Flag ? Remember how the flag was attached to us when we captured it ? I hope you know what is coming next : The thing is I didn't play ArmA1 (Cuz it was ... Sorry) nor ArmA2 (cuz I was too afraid of being disappointed) and after spending 7 years on OFP ...... I finally said "Fuck it let's give them a chance" so here I am on ArmA3. So guess what, Hopping form OFP to ArmA3 was ... shocking. But in the good way. I know I'm talking a lot and I should come to the point. But I want you to take the time to read all this to understand why I'm so pissed off. With ArmA3 you killed the CTF system. I want to know why. And then here is my request, can you give it back... The CTF community (I know it is small - BUT STILL HERE) is suffering from your END GAME (THAT IS NOTTTTTTT CTF !!!!!!!) and we have had to create a CTF Template from scratch using Backpacks ... I know we are such a little part of the community ... but please, I am asking for the all of us : Give us back the Capture The Flag system !!!! PLEASE !!!!

Some will say "Don't bother, ArmA3 is pure Simulation and this is not worth it"
Well-I-Do-Not-CARRRRRE ! We play CTF and We love CTF, and Simulation or NOT, we want to continue playing this game-Style.....

Please BIS, hear me.
Your sincerely, Flash-Ranger.

(This Mail will be posted in the Forum + By contact Form)
NB : If you are of the same opinion as me, SPEAK UP, If not, please do not pollute this thread (I already know your arguments)

Please compare yourself :
OFP >

ArmA3 >
  • Like 1

I completely agree, i don't understand why the flag system is not available in Arma3. My squad have a flag system which works by line of sight, however as flags aren't displayed on default A3 soldiers we have had to revert to scripted solutions. It worked fine in OFP/Arma/Arma2, especially as in OFP/Arma there was dedicated leagues for it notably European Flashpoint League/European Combat League.

• Like 1

I really didn't know. Now I have read the title I know what the initails stand for.

Can somebody describe the gameplay.

• Like 1

Please take a look at videos in my first post.

Capture The Flag:

Generally played in a restricted area (200 or 300 m MAX) it is a close combat Team VS Team. The objective is to score the flag more times than the enemy team. Scoring is when you capture the enemy flag, and bring it back to your flag. This kind of gameplay is not recommended for beginners. Most CTF players are players that play since Operation Flashpoint (2001), have very nice reflexes and tactical experience. Team play is the best way to win! Plus, keep in mind that the CTF community is not a spotty teen revenge squad… You play fair-play and with adults that will not hesitate to kick you if you are being bitchy.

I hope I answered your question, may we see you in game !

For more info, I will be pleased to answer you in PM :)

Please note we are defending a Game play that lives since 2001, that is considered by most old school BISPlayers like the best game play that Bohemia gave us.

Hello,

TakeFlag is an Action : it is the movement the unit plays when he interacts with the flag. The is still working. The flag most have a "Flagside".

What I am wanting BIS to react to is why, when you play the action TakeFlag, that you become the FlagOwner, this Fucking Flag doesn't attach to your player. in OFP, the flag was ON the player. In Arma 3 Ther is no Flag on your player.

Hello BIS,

I'm still waiting for your answers on the Visual problem of the "flagOwner" topic... you do not seem to want to answer to me ...

CTF Community is still here is waiting for a reaction on your side .................

On 20/01/2017 at 1:45 PM, mortalkombat323 said:

True, CTF would be awesome.

24 minutes ago, ss9 said:

Didn't realize flag capture was no longer built in.  Seems odd.  Sad.

Ah, the good old days.  Grab a G-36 and go.  And the GameSpy hosting mess?  And no quitting in the middle, there's no JIP!!!

Hi Guys ! Glad to see that Old school CTF players are still here !

For your information : I have recreated some old maps from Flashpoint into Arma 3 ! Check them out !

Only problem ... i'm using a backpack system that is not optimized and that is a pain in the ass ... But please feel free to join me in-game ! Always looking for me players !

29 minutes ago, ESM_Flash-Ranger said:

I am not giving up !

I just pressed in by opening a FeedBack Ticket :

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T123106

I am currently discussing this with LUETIN09... He may be interested in speaking of this in his next Video...

Its been like that since the Arma3 Alpha, and was reported previously by members of FUSION in a ticket. It be nice if it was fixed, hopefully it will be. 

• Like 1

I am pleased to anouce that I was not a pain in the ass for nothing !

Flag issue is being SOLVED !!!

mini_880178CTF.png

• Like 2

Flag Issue is being tested in dev-branch with the 1.68 Update coming SOOOON !!!!!

888628CTF.png

I am proud to present to you ... coming out in 1.68 Update ...

The CTF system I fought so hard for ...

I was an ass hole with @Arma3devs but ... it was worth it :D Sorry and thank you Bohemia !

517w1EbUclFiE.gif

On 3/2/2017 at 3:52 PM, Flash-Ranger said:

I am proud to present to you ... coming out in 1.68 Update ...

The CTF system I fought so hard for ...

I was an ass hole with @Arma3devs but ... it was worth it :D Sorry and thank you Bohemia !

Flash-Ranger, can you describe how you did that? I'm trying to make a CTF map right now for some friends, but I'm somewhat lost....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zaptoman said:

Flash-Ranger, can you describe how you did that? I'm trying to make a CTF map right now for some friends, but I'm somewhat lost....

Taking a flag in Arma3 works by default now, it was added in 1.68.

Just now, R0adki11 said:

Taking a flag in Arma3 works by default now, it was added in 1.68.

Okay, what I'm trying to get to is...how do you do that. I stand by the flag and have no options. I set the mission type under multiplayer options in Eden to be "CTF", I have blue and red side bases, and flags at each base. But how do I make it work?