anthariel

[WIP] Tilos Island - 2016 Version

So glad your back Antharial! Was actually worried something happened! 

Fell in love with your first Tilos map and the province so i know this will be an extremely detailed terrain! 

From memory your 2015 map you were talking about adding a bottom island, will this be in on the 2016 version??

Cannot wait mate! Much respect! 

p.s announced it within our community! 

• Like 2

Thanks CyclonicTuna and yes, the south of the island is much more arid than the northern part which have more forests and vegetation.

@Williamequalsd thanks you too! About the "aditionnal island", for now I have no plans to add new islands in the alpha and beta, however if i have the tilme, I would maybe add a small volcanic island (https://www.google.fr/maps/@36.5888774,27.1736905,7426m/data=!3m1!1e3) later.

Update:

The project is progressing well, the objects placement for the alpha version is almost finished (it is a question of one or two weeks) and I will only need to do some preparations, testings and corrections before release of the alpha version scheduled for May.

Currently the structure of the mod is:

• ATP_Data.pbo (mod data (logos) & custom base world parameters))
  • ATP_Environment.pbo (custom ambiant sounds, not currently scheduled for the alpha version)
  • ATP_Languages.pbo (translations)
  • ATP_Missions.pbo (contains benchmark, showcases & multiplayers missions)
  • ATP_Musics.pbo (customs musics)
  • ATP_Tilos.pbo (Island data & parameters)
  • Like 6

Here are a new sondtrack created by Xenon for Tilos https://xenon2.bandcamp.com/track/tilos-theme feel free to give your opinion about the music! :)

Sounds great!

At first I thought it was missing a Bass drop, but then stepped back, thought about it, and felt its perfect for the sunny Tilos! 

#DidntBuyOffSteamSales #HaveCashToThrowAtYou! 

Here are a new sondtrack created by Xenon for Tilos https://xenon2.bandcamp.com/track/tilos-theme feel free to give your opinion about the music! :)

You've made a custom cutscene for Tilos' main menu?

Because I hate the default A3 drone "noise", there's so much potential for something much more alive, yet we get a drone circling the skies. :)

Aaaand I've just launched the first Tilos version... It's amazing for real, very detailed, of course, some optimization for AIs pathfinding would be great. Are you considering this for '16 ver.?

Nice work so far. Any chance of using ArmA Electric Grids with this one or making it compatible? For what its worth I haven't explored the option of it working in A3 yet.

Sorry for my short absence, I had a lot of work IRL.

As some of you have already seen, the arma 3 developers just released the new visual upgrade on the dev branch, so here are some new screenshots of Tilos with this upgrade (sorry for the quality of the pictures).

http://imgur.com/a/fxk1G

@Williamequalsd: Thanks mate!

@Inlesco: Thanks too and, yes a custom cutscene will be here to replace the default A3 Cutscene on Stratis  ;)

@reschke: I need to take a look at that, I will be back to you in few days.

• Like 3

That water looks amazing.. great looking map as usual!

• Like 2

Nice it looks beautiful i love it! really. Great work. Keep it up! Thanks

Greets DonbassCZ

• Like 1

Yeah, it looks special! BTW: how you get this water? Some special effect?

They apex visual update has been pushed to dev branch!

• Like 3

They apex visual update has been pushed to dev branch!

So this will be the default new water in ArmA 3 given by apex expansion? If yes, I seriously scared about FPS. Bohemia should upgrade graphic engine. That one is too old to be optimized. My GTX980 suffer with ArmA. No way :(

So this will be the default new water in ArmA 3 given by apex expansion? If yes, I seriously scared about FPS. Bohemia should upgrade graphic engine. That one is too old to be optimized. My GTX980 suffer with ArmA. No way :(

As much as I wish they would upgrade the engine I doubt it's likely to happen. About the fps, I don't think it will kill it as much as you might think. Though it surely will depend on the internals of your rig.

• Like 2

Just give it a try, but in case, you are allowed to set the quality to disable (like before), low, medium, high, ultra. And you are also able to modify the saturation color from the settings menu.

Personally with my current config, I see only a difference of 1 to 2 fps when I enable this water reflection. 

The only issue that I have with the Apex Visual Upgrade for the moment is that some vegetation LODs are very ugly sometimes. (see the last screenshots on the harbor that I've done and look at the bushes for example) but It's maybe due to my old graphic card too so I'm not sure.

• Like 1

New screens (again  :P). I am slightly late on my roadmap for the moment so the release of the alpha version will maybe delayed to June due that my GPU is doing crap, sorry for that!

https://imgur.com/a/Vw0tU

New screenshots for new locations (Megalo Chorio (75+ inhabitants little located village on a mountain), Eristos Beach, Eristos Plain, Military camps, Skafi Bay and Limenari Bay)  are coming for may  ;)

• Like 6

Hey!

If you want to listen to the Tilos official soundtracks, you can now hear them on Youtube:

Enjoy  ^_^

• Like 7

New and maybe last soundtrack for the moment is available on Youtube:

• Like 4