Have you made any progress to updating and adjusting the map to the new visuals? Bohemia might make another visual update in the near future to fix the nighttime, not sure how that will affect your map if you do decide to update it before hand. 

Cheers

Just wanted to let you know that I encountered a bug that prevents you from walking strait into Object A1. Like some kind of invisible wall surrounds the object and you need to vault to get to the center. Only direction where there is no wall is if you enter the object from the west.

And another thing. Can someone do me a favor and test the Gasmask & Contaminationzone script on Namalsk. It doesn't seem to work and I can't figure out why. The gas mask breathing sound works fine but I can't make a contamination zone. Nothing happens when I execute the script.

The script works fine on other maps.

EDIT: Script works fine, I forgot to make a unit playable (it works only for playable units).

EDIT 2: have you considered making building doors lockable? LINK

Hey Lappihuan,

I'm just wondering why the License has been made so that the mod is unable to be uploaded on the Steam Workshop... Why is this?? Does it have something to do with the Arma 2 License?

The Steam Workshop would enable you to release updates without people having to patch their mod, the workshop also compresses the mod and so is a faster download.

Is there any chance of the license being changed in the future? You would probably see a lot more use of the map as really the only good place to download it at the moment is on the A3Launcher.
I tried all 3 of your links and the download through my browser/gdrive was taking a century, the Exile team also no longer have it on their website, so that leaves 2.
When I downloaded it through the A3Launcher it was done in no time at all, however a lot of people don't even know about the A3Launcher option.

On ArmA dev branch, I can get no cloud coverage on Namalsk (i.e. "0 setovercast 1;") - anyone? With BIs new visuals, Namalsk has way too much contrast, trees are like purple/black.

Hi in which folder must fix the Namalsk?

Into \Namalsk\Addons\

36 minutes ago, Axon1 said:

Is there any news on the mod? 

Please don't ask for updates it's considered spam and against the forum rules.

8 minutes ago, road runner said:

Please don't ask for updates it's considered spam and against the forum rules.

Yes but requires mod fixes and improvements related to light (1.62), the Author constantly sitting online and does not respond to people.
The last message was a long time ago
The island itself was very popular in Arma 2, and I'm very worried about the  legacy..
So the question is quite logical.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Axon1 said:

Yes but requires mod fixes and improvements related to light (1.62), the Author constantly sitting online and does not respond to people.
The last message was a long time ago
The island itself was very popular in Arma 2, and I'm very worried about the  legacy..
So the question is quite logical.

Are you being serious?
It doesn't matter if the mod requires fixes, you're breaking the forum rules.

• Like 1

For the members who have an issue with my response

No spam or advertising:

Advertising of any commercial or personal project, product or service on these forums is not permitted. Chain letters and pyramid schemes are similarly prohibited. This includes the Personal Message service and clan recruitment outside of the Clan Recruitment forum. Threads older than 4 months should not be dug up unless something significant is being added. Please do not post duplicate threads in more than one forum and do not "Bump" threads. Posting "any news", "is it out yet" or asking for a release date type posts are also spam.

@Axon1, rather than breaking forum etiquette with what you feel is a valid request, why not check out this thread instead.

49 minutes ago, Axon1 said:

the Author constantly sitting online and does not respond to people.

btw, ^^ this is not really required.....nobody on this forum is "entitled" to anything.

• Like 1

Just now, GamerOnkel said:

Hi is an official update?

Are you guys taking the piss?

@road runner, at this point there is no hope, you can only do so much.......eejits!

• Like 2

Axon1 I will address you directly.

What part of asking for updates/news being against the forum rules don't you understand? You clearly understand what taking the piss means, but have a problem understanding the rules. What gives?

GamerOnkel, why are you also asking if this is an update, when it clearly isn't and the issue is the breach of forum rules.

When several people start asking, which it looks like here, despite it being against the rules, is blatantly spamming and therefore taking the piss. 

6 minutes ago, Evil Organ said:

@road runner, at this point there is no hope, you can only do so much.......eejits!

Indeed sir, especially people with low post counts that simply cannot be bothered to check out the forum rules, or even refrain, once the forum rules have been pointed out to them.

To clear up the whole situation.
The statement from Exile Mod is in no way related to me or to the Namalsk Map.
I'm currently working on a different Project which takes up most of my free time so i will update the map when i feel to do so.

I did not respond to the questions regarding a update as i do not know when i will do one.
I could have made the situation more clear before as i do now.

Thank you for your understanding.

• Like 6