I uploaded video.

Some building is working perfectly, and these bulding the ai is spawn on script as well.

Those buliding where don't have echo the ai don't spawn, maybe this is helping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCWyoHUfHiU

I think BIS add some new parameter for buildings in arma 3 so the default "house_f" is not generate echo and don't work some script with it perfectly.

The Script what i talk about is not mine, i would like to convert liberation for other island. This script is random generate ai-s to building in marked territory.

Both things don't have anything to do with the config of a building.

The echo is triggered by the texture in the roadway lod, a lot of namalsk custom buildings aren't set up to have correct textures in the roadway lod for that sound feature. That will be fixed over time.

Generating AI and selecting positions can be done in multiple ways, what mostly is used are the building positions.

It's possible that some Namalsk buildings don't have correct building positions but that will be also fixed over time.

I think that's more an issue with JBAD buildings, they are nice but they got "few bugs" and more one year without update, sadly

He actually shows jbad buildings in the start to show working buildings ;)

None working buildings are A2 buildings or Namalsk buildings.

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey by Sumrak, AxiosODST, Lappihuan, Eichi and MrWhite , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Both things don't have anything to do with the config of a building.

The echo is triggered by the texture in the roadway lod, a lot of namalsk custom buildings aren't set up to have correct textures in the roadway lod for that sound feature. That will be fixed over time.

Generating AI and selecting positions can be done in multiple ways, what mostly is used are the building positions.

It's possible that some Namalsk buildings don't have correct building positions but that will be also fixed over time.

He actually shows jbad buildings in the start to show working buildings ;)

None working buildings are A2 buildings or Namalsk buildings.

Thanks for response all clear to me now. I never meet roadway lod before because i worked only soldiers and weapons.

Good day! 

Thank you for a great mod for ARMA 3. Before that, he played only on the original map :)

I have a few issues, i hope You will agree.

1. Problem with ponds
I attached some screenshots below, which should be water. I played on the original map + CUP Terrain - ponds have. Maybe you make a compatibility with CUP Terrains, there will be ponds, and the map will be light weight
xjOdxAhpss8.jpg
spVNXeCLkE4.jpg
9AI2Nq9mHKs.jpguO77UZ0QpoI.jpg

2. Bug with Construction crane 
At different angles of view and at different distances from the object - construction crane (all cranes on Namalsk) changes its geometry. Please fix that.
LSxYAtEVN9I.jpg

3. Roads
You have plans for the future to replace roads textures? Compared with the new texture grass, road look too bright.
OR8U_ZABAv8.jpg

4. Radio tower
It seems there is no texture radio tower - gray surface (clearly seen near).

__ZdcU1CfeQ.jpg

5. Street lights
You can turn them off? Vorkuta "dead city" lights at night - this is not good.

Thanks for the answer!
  • Like 6

First, thank you about taking the time to search for issues and making such a detailed post.

Good day! 

Thank you for a great mod for ARMA 3. Before that, he played only on the original map :)

I have a few issues, i hope You will agree.

1. Problem with ponds
I attached some screenshots below, which should be water. I played on the original map + CUP Terrain - ponds have. Maybe you make a compatibility with CUP Terrains, there will be ponds, and the map will be light weight

You can watch this video from M1lkm8n, he explains the issues with ponds in Arma 3.
We decided to remove them for now until a satisfying fix is found.

2. Bug with Construction crane 
At different angles of view and at different distances from the object - construction crane (all cranes on Namalsk) changes its geometry. Please fix that.

I can't reproduce that bug. Do you have a buddy or someone else that has the same bug?
random_30yajvu.png

3. Roads
You have plans for the future to replace roads textures? Compared with the new texture grass, road look too bright.

Yes roads will change in the next update, I'm currently switching to the Arma 3 road tech with shape files and textures will be replaced with new ones where needed.

random_3150r5l.png

4. Radio tower
It seems there is no texture radio tower - gray surface (clearly seen near).

There actually is a texture:

random_2913kq0.png

5. Street lights
You can turn them off? Vorkuta "dead city" lights at night - this is not good.

Thanks for the answer!

You can turn the lights of streetlamps off with a script.
It's not always the case to have no lights at vorkuta, but if i replace the working ones with the ones that are always off, you won't be able to turn them on by script.

• Like 2

Great Job Lappihuan,

Been playing it for a couple hours, works pretty good.

Only thing I found was that AI will not cross the railroad tracks on the south end of the island.

B

Well done, I love this map, but 2.2Gb it's too much for just one map.

First, thank you about taking the time to search for issues and making such a detailed post.

You can watch this video from M1lkm8n, he explains the issues with ponds in Arma 3.

We decided to remove them for now until a satisfying fix is found.

I can't reproduce that bug. Do you have a buddy or someone else that has the same bug?

random_30yajvu.png

Yes roads will change in the next update, I'm currently switching to the Arma 3 road tech with shape files and textures will be replaced with new ones where needed.

random_3150r5l.png

There actually is a texture:

random_2913kq0.png

You can turn the lights of streetlamps off with a script.

It's not always the case to have no lights at vorkuta, but if i replace the working ones with the ones that are always off, you won't be able to turn them on by script.

2. Only on me, sorry.

4. Maybe you can change that's textures? That's really bad quality of textures.

Nice work.

I found one place where I was able to walk through the wall.

Not sure if it's the one building or similar issue with others.

20160325182842_1q9ubq.jpg

Keep up the good work.

• Like 1

Only thing I found was that AI will not cross the railroad tracks on the south end of the island.

Can confirm this. Tried some DUWS on Namalsk, and AI refused to walk over railroads.

• Like 1

Sorry for the long radiosilence, i was busy in RL.

Nice work.

I found one place where I was able to walk through the wall.

Not sure if it's the one building or similar issue with others.

Keep up the good work.

I could reproduce it and it will be fixed in the next version.

Thanks for reporting!

Can confirm this. Tried some DUWS on Namalsk, and AI refused to walk over railroads.

I'm currently looking into this.

I can reproduce it and i will try to fix it in the next version, but no promises..

Will you make lighting configs for this to work with the visual update?

lappihuan, while you're working on this great map are you considering removing the eerie ghost noises? They put off a lot of people who'd just like to play Namalsk as a map rather than as the original experience.

• Like 2

I have to agree with TPW, the children ghost sounds become tiresome, ive been playing around on Namalsk ever since it came out, the atmospheric sounds are perfect but those ghost sounds feel out of place, especially as its the same sound repeating... its specific to a certain trigger to a certain game that may not represent current mission designs now.. jut my opinion, other than that i love this map even just to walk around in.

• Like 1

I remember OFP where there was some birds sounds, wind etc, all Arma 3 maps are so quiet so i hear only my own footsteps. Its very boring to travel around the map (all maps).

lappihuan, while you're working on this great map are you considering removing the eerie ghost noises? They put off a lot of people who'd just like to play Namalsk as a map rather than as the original experience.

I have to agree with TPW, the children ghost sounds become tiresome, ive been playing around on Namalsk ever since it came out, the atmospheric sounds are perfect but those ghost sounds feel out of place, especially as its the same sound repeating... its specific to a certain trigger to a certain game that may not represent current mission designs now.. jut my opinion, other than that i love this map even just to walk around in.

not sure if this works with this particular version of Namalsk, but it's worth a try........

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/152799-namalsk-peace-and-quiet-mod/

Hello Guys

I already tested peace and quite mod for the A2 version on the A3 version but it's incompatible.
I will look into a optional .pbo to disable the children sounds.

I don't want to remove them from the map as they are (for me and a lot of others) part of the namalsk atmosphere.

Yes the map will be compatible with the visual update with the next version, but it still has it's own "darker" lighting.

Kind regards,
Lappihuan

• Like 4

not sure if this works with this particular version of Namalsk, but it's worth a try........

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/152799-namalsk-peace-and-quiet-mod/

Naw, but i'll make it again for A3 if this terrain ends up supporting the lighting update.  It's The volume reduction mod is just a pretty simple config replacement.

Yes the map will be compatible with the visual update with the next version, but it still has it's own "darker" lighting.

Well, hot diggity.  (Yea!)

Naw, but i'll make it again for A3 if this terrain ends up supporting the lighting update.  It's just a pretty simple config replacement.

It's not a simple config replacement since there is no satisfying solution out there yet.

From what i have seen even Altis,Stratis and Tanoa have issues with shadows and clutter.

So i don't want to make a new release just to do another one in two weeks...

Well, hot diggity.

I said in the next version. Is a next version of namalsk out?

It's not a simple config replacement since there is no satisfying solution out there yet.

The "It" in the second sentence references the "It" in the first sentence, which in turn is referencing the quote.  Not talking about your terrain port buddy, I'm talking about the volume reduction mod.  (I'll edit it for clarity though)

Well, hot diggity.

I said in the next version. Is a next version of namalsk out?

I don't understand the confusion on this part, unless English isn't your first language.  "Well, hot diggity" is a positive expression, meaning I acknowledge there being a future update incorporating the lighting update.   :)

The "It" in the second sentence references the "It" in the first sentence, which in turn is referencing the quote.  Not talking about your terrain port buddy, I'm talking about the volume reduction mod.  (I'll edit it for clarity though)

I don't understand the confusion on this part, unless English isn't your first language.  "Well, hot diggity" is a positive expression, meaning I acknowledge there being a future update incorporating the lighting update.   :)

Well, i have to apologize then, i totally misunderstood you!
And yea English is not my first language.

Any plans to port the Namalsk campaign to this? Please... It would be amazing.

I did look into this a few weeks back, but the main problem are the units and vehicles used in the campaign.
If i ever port it, it would be done as optional pack that requires RHS and maybe other mods.

• Like 1

I did look into this a few weeks back, but the main problem are the units and vehicles used in the campaign.

If i ever port it, it would be done as optional pack that requires RHS and maybe other mods.

I don't think ANYONE here minds having to load RHS to play the old campaigns in ARMA 3. I had a great time when it was sorta working with .kju's All in Arma - really wish it was still worked on, bugs and all.

I just wonder how you will port the Namalsk Corporation and Nightstalker's factions? You can use Zee's Female mod and just make the face and hair using the already made female body I guess.Would be amazing to see in the ARMA 3 engine.

• Like 3