its an interesting concept to an interesting plane im lloking forward to see the fruit tht is bared

Tornado MR test planes

30bjt50.jpg

2du0d1x.jpg

Different loadouts done (ECM pods removed and moved to new internal ECM system):

CAP

t9v4eh.jpg

ANTI SHIP

avrmeu.jpg

CAS

a9ws2u.jpg

the other loadouts from the normal Tornado are aviable too

• Like 1

BETA RELEASE

What's inside?

TORNADO IDS/GR.4 with various loadouts and textures (UK, Italy, Germany and desert storm livery for Italy and UK)

TORNADO MR (Multi role variant upgrade) with various loadout and textures (UK test, Italy test, Germany test, AAF)

V0.1 mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/download/zb31vcpisfdoxw7/TORNADO_beta_v0.1.zip

TO DO:

-Cockpit

-ECR version

-weapons to the WSO

-Better Shadows

4t3fye.jpg30xgz6g.jpgi3ywxj.jpgt9v4eh.jpg

20160430125852_1_zpswlgpsthp.jpg

The cockpit is a placeholder, the original one didn't have anything than black mfds and black circles. Because I have never made mfds and gauges for now I have made a placeholder texture, It don't have any fuction, it's only for aesthetics!

20p8qr8.jpg

some other people proprieties were found in the model and scripts and it's unclear if dezkit have the permissions to include these things, I have to thanks the people who give me the informations to find out this problem before was too late   ;)

Right now I'm trying to figure out what have to be deleted or replaced, and I'm getting in contact with people that made works on this Tornado model on OFP (the model can be dated to 2007 or even older times and made by a guy called ColorChanger!).

I have successfully contacted PanzerGranadier3 for now, a guy that in 2007 update the original Tornado after ColorChanger disappeared, and he give me the permission to use what he have...

Now I'm trying to solve the remaning problems with copyrights to have a "legit" plane, and then I will go ahead with the works

Thanks to:
-ColorChanger (for the original model? I'm still trying to find out this guy, if someone have any informations please contact me)

-Panzergranadier3 ( the guy who made the last update for this plane in OFP, for the permission to still use it)

-Diavid and Dezkit (for the original A3 plane)

-John spartan and Saul for the Afterburner and loadout menu

-Firewill fo the Weapon pack and loadout menu

-Flanders25 for the help

-Roofie for the help

-[Dust]Sabre for the help

-Hcpookie for the weapons and other things from his open source Eurofighter

If anyone have problems with credits or copyrights please contact me directly

• Like 5

Nice work!  I look forward to playing with it in game!

This is awesome.

Nice work!  I look forward to playing with it in game!

Thank you :)

for some reason when I press on the mini map that pops up where i want to drop bombs and then I press "SEL" i think or the one that selects the position the bomb wont hit the location for some reason, Im doing it the same way with the eurofighter and it works fine.

for some reason when I press on the mini map that pops up where i want to drop bombs and then I press "SEL" i think or the one that selects the position the bomb wont hit the location for some reason, Im doing it the same way with the eurofighter and it works fine.

I will take a look asap, but I tested it yesterday and the targeting system was working fine

• Like 1

any luck reproducing the error?

Sorry I forgot to reply, however no it is working for me... I've tried with a SDB on an hangar in Utes and it worked greatly

i just tried it just vinalla and with the firewill thing and I cant get it to work, does anyone else have this issue.

@moderators can this page be moved to the complete section?

The download link on the first page have been fixed, thanks for reporting it :)

@moderators can this page be moved to the complete section?

The download link on the first page have been fixed, thanks for reporting it :)

As a polite request please report the post so that someone can action the request. Moderators don't necessary read every thread ;).

Thread Moved.

@pinaz93: This is a really nice mod.  Well done!

So just some feedback from me:
  • Personally I would not bother very much with the dials etc. on the cockpit.  A nice overlay is perfect until you are bored one day and have nothing else to do.  I never use the cockpit instrumentation in ARMA.
  • I would rather go for a really good HUD, that is displayed in 1st person (as if it was on the Pilot's Helmet display.)  This should obviously move with the pilot's head movement.  I would think of creating functionality like displaying target information from the GPS/LSR Targeting System in the HUD with all the normal information like ALT and speed etc.
  • Also, the targeting system prevents you from using the Flight Controls.  It would be really nice to control the aircraft while setting up targets.

All in all, this mod is really welcome, especially since it brings a proper UK fighter!  I am useless at mod, so I wish I could help to build it.  I will test it with ever update though!

Good luck!

As a polite request please report the post so that someone can action the request. Moderators don't necessary read every thread ;).

Thread Moved.

Ok thank you for the suggestion Roadkill :)

• Like 1

@pinaz93: This is a really nice mod.  Well done!

So just some feedback from me:

• Personally I would not bother very much with the dials etc. on the cockpit.  A nice overlay is perfect until you are bored one day and have nothing else to do.  I never use the cockpit instrumentation in ARMA.
  • I would rather go for a really good HUD, that is displayed in 1st person (as if it was on the Pilot's Helmet display.)  This should obviously move with the pilot's head movement.  I would think of creating functionality like displaying target information from the GPS/LSR Targeting System in the HUD with all the normal information like ALT and speed etc.
  • Also, the targeting system prevents you from using the Flight Controls.  It would be really nice to control the aircraft while setting up targets.
All in all, this mod is really welcome, especially since it brings a proper UK fighter!  I am useless at mod, so I wish I could help to build it.  I will test it with ever update though!

Good luck!

Thank you for the suggestions, the targeting system is not made by me so it have to be updated by Firewill... For the hud I will take a look if there is the possibility make a better one and maybe a HMD:)

• Like 2

i saw a visual supersonic effect (fogcloud behind aircraft). do you plan to add audio effect, as well (supersonic bang)?

i saw a visual supersonic effect (fogcloud behind aircraft). do you plan to add audio effect, as well (supersonic bang)?

I think there is a sound already, but I will take a look, maybe there's something that isn't working well ;)

maybe i was too close to the plane. i was in 3rd person view, which follows the plane at same speed. when sonic boom happens, you are already away from that point.

should be testet in multiplayer, where someone's on the ground and the plane flies over 1200km/h in low altitude above his head.

If that's using my sonic boom script (an improved Gnat script) then all it does is "say3D" an arty effect sound.  Nothing more.  So don't read too much into it *if* it is using my script ;)

• Like 1

Thank you ;)

However I have a texture list so far:

-80s camos:

Italy (6th wing)

UK (? wing)

Germany (? wing)

-Desert storm:

Italy (Desert camo, serial number MM7074, the only Italian Tornado shot down by iraqui AA defences)

UK (Desert camo, one of the shot down tornado)

-2000s (grey):

Italy (6th wing, 50th wing ECR variant)

Germany (? wing, ? wing ECR variant)

UK (? wing)

Germany had following paint schemes

- Prototype (white, black, red)

- Norm '72 (upper side RAL 7012, under side RAL 7001, camo trangles upper side RAL 6014)

- Norm '81 (upper side RAL 7009, RAL 7030, RAL 7037, RAL 7012, RAL 7039, under side RAL 7001, RAL 7035)

- Norm '83 (RAL 6003, RAL 7021, FS 34079)

- Norm '90 (FS 36375, FS 35237, FS 36320)

Italy

- 1965 - 1993 (FS 34079, FS 36118)

- 1993 (FS 36280)

Good source for special versions or markings (not only for radio controlled model kits)

http://www.rc-network.de/magazin/artikel_04/art_04-0040/art_04-0040-01.html

JPS color schemes

Germany

http://web.archive.org/web/20080310024316/http://www.jpsmodell.de/dc/brdlwmod.htm

• Like 1

New mod v0.1-beta available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey pinaz93 , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.