Looking very impressive!

Can't wait to go for a spin ;)

Thank you, It will take some time before the first public flight ;)

I know this is somewhat early days, but what's the sound going to be like? Are you hoping for realistic or generic jet aircraft sound?

For now I think the generic one, but I hope to have something better some day, I don't like too much it...

Looks awesome dude.

Any change of getting Saudi skins?

Provide some sample pictures pinaz is a generous man with requests pal.

Hey pinaz good job on the conversion.

We use this model also in arma 2.

Dont bother to make brimstones for it as we have some awesome models made by von knudenberg which i am planning to release after unsung bravo is out. This will be in the full frl missilebox which includes all of pooks weapons.

• Like 3

Dont bother to make brimstones for it as we have some awesome models made by von knudenberg which i am planning to release after unsung bravo is out. This will be in the full frl missilebox which includes all of pooks weapons.

Thank you, about the missile box that's a nice news, for now I'm using Hcpookie brimstones and Storm Shadows from the Eurofighter, I hope to see your missile box soon ;)

However the works are slowy going on, I made the last hidden selections to give me the possibility to made some retextures.

1695a4n.jpg

Tornado MM7074 of the 50th wing of the Italian air force shot down during Desert storm operations

For people that like story

Story from wikipedia:

On the eve of the Operation Desert Storm the Italian government deployed eight Tornado Fighter-bombers on the Gulf Theatre of Operations. On January 16, 1991, coalition forces began concentrated air strikes on Iraqi military targets in Iraq and Kuwait.

On January 18, 1991 an Italian Tornado piloted by Major Gianmarco Bellini with Captain Maurizio Cocciolone as his navigator took off as part of a multi national 10 plane flight. Bellini and Cocciolone were the only members of the flight able to execute in-flight refueling, while the other 9 aircraft failed and had to abort the mission. The mission profile dictated that the operation could be performed even by a single plane, so Bellini and Cocciolone went on. Their plane was hit by Iraqi anti aircraft fire and they had to eject. They were captured by the Iraqi Republican Guard, even though their status was unknown at the time

While Cocciolone was shown on Iraqi television on January 20, 1991 in a propaganda video, no news of Bellini was given initially, and he was feared to be a casualty. The two were kept separate for the whole time of their captivity. On March 3, 1991 both officers were released.%5B6%5D Bellini holds numerous military decorations including the silver Medal for Military Valor for his actions during the Operation Desert Storm.

Bellini and Cocciolone were the only Italian Prisoners of War of the entire war.

During my research of informations about this plane I have also found the transcript of the crash recorder, I have made a quick translation (probably with some errors) from italian:

Not far from the objective, the Tornado approaches the tanker to refuel, with very strong turbulence.

Cocciolone (WSO): ​​"There he is a little 'more to the right ... a bit' higher ... From that raise it ... Right... No, no, away-"

Bellini (Pilot): "God if it dance! Ok, expected to shoot back..."

Cocciolone: ​​"We are refuiling, stand-by."

Bellini: "My God... I can not even keep it straight. I've never seen something like this."

At refuiling complete, the Tornado is moving to the objective.

Moments later, the aircraft is on the target area.

Cocciolone : ​​"Ok, here we are, go ... Mike. Two miles, then turn inbound to the target, 276."

Bellini : "Ok."

Cocciolone: ​​"Ok?"

Bellini: "One mile, after 276?"

Cocciolone: ​​"Yes, 276."

Bellini: "Okay, inbound from now."

Cocciolone: ​​"Ok, it starts to go. [...] Ok, committ."

Bellini: "Ok, go."

From the moment you hear a beep in the background, indicating that the aircraft is illuminated by a radar of Iraqi anti-aircraft.Bellini: "Drop the tanks! Drop the tanks!"Cocciolone: ​​"Ok! ... Dropped. 500 feet, go further down, 400 feet!"(indistinguishable)

Cocciolone: ​​"Your are there, 200 feet, so stabilized. 200 feet, ok, go like this ... Level, level, level!"

Bellini: "Roger."

Cocciolone: ​​"Level"

Bellini: "Okay, go!"

Cocciolone: ​​"You're low, 200 feet, at full throttle... I dropped the tanks."

Bellini: "Ok."

Cocciolone: ​​"at full throttle."

At this time, probably, the Iraqi anti-aircraft is pulling very close to the aircraft

Bellini: "Chaff, chaff!"

Cocciolone: ​​"chaff, go ... go well."

Bellini: "Chaff to the max!"

Cocciolone: ​​"Chaff, at full throttle. Go down."

Bellini: "The engines are still good ..."Cocciolone: ​​"130 feet, 120 feet, go."

You hear a muffled crackle, and clicks an alarm in the cabin.

Bellini: "EJECT EJECT!"

• Like 5

Thank you, about the missile box that's a nice news, for now I'm using Hcpookie brimstones and Storm Shadows from the Eurofighter, I hope to see your missile box soon ;)

However the works are slowy going on, I have finish made the last hidden selections to give me the possibility to made some retextures.

1695a4n.jpg

Tornado MM7074 of the 50th wing of the Italian air force shot down during Desert storm operations

For people that like story

Story from wikipedia:

During my research of informations about this plane I have also found the transcript of the crash recorder, I have made a quick translation (probably with some errors) from italian:

Compelling stuff as always pinaz great job buddy

PLAZ PLAZ PLAZ with the Brimestones make them look like this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRl3XZnlnTAXirlCiyneRm

Pinaz,

You konw that Eggbeast and I developed the Tornado (from the same source perhaps?) for A2 with all of the fixes you describe, save the HUD display.  It looks like you are repeating a great deal of the work that we did to make it work, like wing sweep etc.  As I'm currently unpacking my new house I have no time to assist, however you might ping Eggbeast to see if he has anything to share.

• Like 1

This is a good one for the 80's 

Panavia_Tornado_GR1,_UK_-_Air_Force_AN17

The colours dont come across very well with the old camera's but the camo pattern colours are a blue-grey and a dark military green 

• Like 1

May i suggest the modern german army camo?

Lechfeld_Elite_2008_152_%282663716058%29This is german Air Force Tornado 46+20 it is in Service at the moment and part of Taktisches Luftwaffengeschwader 51 Immelmann. 

This is the Logo on the Vertical Stabilizer. 

500px-AG51_Wappen.svg.png

The Reason why i am suggesting this Aircraft is, that it was used as a Naval Fighter Jet in the late 80s, and was Part of the Naval Aviation Group 2 (MFG2)
This a picture is of it in 1991 which is the same camo as used in the late 80s.
356005.jpg
And this is the Vertical Stabilizer logo.
MFG2_Wappen2.jpg

• Like 3

May i suggest the modern german army camo?

Lechfeld_Elite_2008_152_%282663716058%29This is german Air Force Tornado 46+20 it is in Service at the moment and part of Taktisches Luftwaffengeschwader 51 Immelmann. 

This is the Logo on the Vertical Stabilizer. 

500px-AG51_Wappen.svg.png

The Reason why i am suggesting this Aircraft is, that it was used as a Naval Fighter Jet in the late 80s, and was Part of the Naval Aviation Group 2 (MFG2)
This a picture is of it in 1991 which is the same camo as used in the late 80s.
356005.jpg
And this is the Vertical Stabilizer logo.
MFG2_Wappen2.jpg

Thank you for the pics, I will add it to the texture list ;)

This is a good one for the 80's 

Panavia_Tornado_GR1,_UK_-_Air_Force_AN17

The colours dont come across very well with the old camera's but the camo pattern colours are a blue-grey and a dark military green 

Thank you too for the pic ;)

Pinaz,

You konw that Eggbeast and I developed the Tornado (from the same source perhaps?) for A2 with all of the fixes you describe, save the HUD display.  It looks like you are repeating a great deal of the work that we did to make it work, like wing sweep etc.  As I'm currently unpacking my new house I have no time to assist, however you might ping Eggbeast to see if he has anything to share.

Hi Hcpookie, yes you already mentioned it some time ago, I hope that this will come good as yours! However good luck for the new home! ;)

WIP pics

i3ywxj.jpg

vyulty.jpg

sn1a39.jpg

b5r828.jpg

• Like 10

looking forward to seeing the cold war camos 

Idk if I have time to make them now, maybe in a next update

• Like 1

mate do it at your own speed just now that we are very much looking forward to it

Fantastic. I cant wait to fly this old girl 

man you ask for some strange stuff.  do you have any idea how long it takes to develop new targeting systems? a year maybe?

multi-target lock has never been achieved in arma as far as i am aware, it's not how the engine works.

if you mean BVR lock with Alarms etc, one ONE radar-using target then this is doable with my/pooks missilebox due out soon.

Any progress?

We do not ask for progress. Its considered spam, Pinaz has said few post above that he will be busy with school now. :)

• Like 1

Any progress?

As said by wordy-uksf I'm really busy in this period... I didn't touch the plane in the last week (maybe more!), in the few free time I have made that quick retexture of the frigate... I will made some progress as soon as possible, I have made also some little visual improvements to the Eurofighter texture (I have made retexturable that parts that are still grey in some textures), but I have to find time to finish that update too!

• Like 1