tyrghen

Terrain - Porquerolles Island

Any chance of a Play with Six download as well? I only ask because of bigger Modpacks that use a lot of Mods and PW6 does make it easier..absolutely love the Map.perfect size for small special ops infantry missions..great work!

Diesel

Hello Diesel,

I will look into it this weekend.

At the moment I'm very busy with work and lack time. But I'll get around it :)

• Like 1

This looks awesome!

Bravo les gars

Thanks ;)

Michel did a great job for his very first project.

Nice job Michel for this big project

We will try soon a mission on this beautifull french island

I understand you didn t have time to solve my problems with base mission

Nice job Michel for this big project

We will try soon a mission on this beautifull french island

I understand you didn t have time to solve my problems with base mission

Hello Noxx,

Post your problem on our forum, it'll be easier to solve it.

Beautifully crafted island bud. Really nice. Heres a great big thanks for sharing it.

The only minor hickup i have is with the fields with the small green bushes. While they look great, it rapes my fps! Haha. Is there a way i can make it less dence?

Hi SteveJA !, you're right, we are working on it, for the next update ! it' will be available soon !

Xnam

Loving the Map so far...found a nice place for an outpost..

arma3%202016-03-10%2015-18-34-52_zpsdfrz

• Like 5

Hey,

Great map really enjoyed playing on this, the last couple of nights.  As already mentioned those little green plant's kill my fps too :) but they look so good lol.  I did have a problem with larger vehicles like the AI tanks..path finding, in the narrow streets.  But it didn't bother me that much, just thought I'd mention it.  Top work though, I love the open meadows make for some great firefights. ;)  Great for E and E type missions.

Thanks  

Wow, nice enhancement there Diesel   :rthumb:

I do believe I shall use it!

Cheers.

• Like 1

Wow, nice enhancement there Diesel   :rthumb:

I do believe I shall use it!

Cheers.

Thanks! The small group I play with usually doesn't run respawn on vehicles so Logistics are pretty key..as well as we mainly run small infantry stuff..I ported over DAP's Insurgency where you need to hunt down the Caches and Capture the Commander for Intel to that map(no map markers)..great for that kind of mission..the Helipad wasn't there I added that in using 101 editor Addon and a Pier Block of all things to create it...for some reason its a little tricky in that area because a lot of things like to sink into the ground because of the Map elevataion but a little patience and it came out pretty good I think. Really a cool map for infantry stuff and runs really well.

Diesel

Hi Diesel, very nice I like your heliport extension I'll think about it for the next update, thank you

Sorry for my English is google translation ;)

• Like 1

Hello folks,

I updated the download on mediafire with version 1.1, it's updated in place, so the link is the same.

Here is the changelog:

Version 1.1
  • added clearings in the woods for mission makers
  • added small piers to the south coast of the islands
  • lowered the number of vines to increase FPS on lower configs (5 to 10 FPS gain)
  • dirt paths are now more visible on the map
  • corrected configuration files. ATTENTION: this introduces breaking changes, we renamed all configs from "vtr_porquerolles" to "porquerolles". If you have old missions (2D editor) you'll need to edit the mission.sqm.

Thanks to all those who reported problems, it helped us with fixes.

In the time between, we've made quite a few more tests for FPS and mission making.

Once again, thanks for [V]Michel for all his hard work!

Enjoy!

• Like 1

Really enjoying the updated version..great work!

So I tried to import my mission to the new version but there isn't an option..is there anyway to do that or are the configs different ?

Really enjoying the updated version..great work!

So I tried to import my mission to the new version but there isn't an option..is there anyway to do that or are the configs different ?

If you used the old editor, you will have to edit the SQM file and rename all dependencies from "vtr_porquerolles" to "porquerolles".

Or alternatively, simply remove the dependencies, they'll be added automatically by the editor.

Use notepad or notepad++ and it should be ok.

If you used the 3D editor, it doesn't add references to the map from what I've seen.

If you used the old editor, you will have to edit the SQM file and rename all dependencies from "vtr_porquerolles" to "porquerolles".

Or alternatively, simply remove the dependencies, they'll be added automatically by the editor.

Use notepad or notepad++ and it should be ok.

If you used the 3D editor, it doesn't add references to the map from what I've seen.

I used the 3d editor and just cant open the mission anymore with the updated version..was thinking I could drop the old island version back in..copy it all over to the VR save it then put the updated version in and then copy it from VR to the new version of the island.

Awesome little map and now part of my mediterranean theater (together with  Bozcada, Imrali, Altis, Stratis, Gorgona ...waiting for Thilos 2016 and Isla de Spero ). I would love to see small things like french signs, posters and flags added...for some extra immersion :).

cheers

Awesome little map and now part of my mediterranean theater (together with  Bozcada, Imrali, Altis, Stratis, Gorgona ...waiting for Thilos 2016 and Isla de Spero ). I would love to see small things like french signs, posters and flags added...for some extra immersion :).

cheers

Great idea but could you give these accessoirises an old-fashioned design? That way the island would remain coherent even in historical (WW2) missions...

cheers

We'll be working on things like that in the near future, but at the moment we're focusing on releasing our third island.

Will the Steam version be updated soon?

I'm looking at a use of it for a clan mission in a weeks time.

Cheers for the great terrain - you all make ArmA3 the game we keep coming back to  - <O

:cheers:

This map has me creating French Resistance fighters in the arsenal and then ambushing German patrols on those high-hill roads. It's great.