I'm stuck on this problem, my model keeps sinking into the ground, it's something on the Geometry LOD. The LOD is defiantly meets the requirements (Closed, convex hull, and has mass), but for some reason it keeps clipping into the ground. Here's a screenshot.

21E91CA117D2C9823EDAF42ED24F7B43163FFB5E

Thanks.

There's a Land Contact LOD, but I'm not sure what you mean by "Assigned", sorry. Thanks for the quick reply.

I simply meant are they placed "correctly" and evenly, else the model may be pivoting on one point.

Yes, they've been placed correctly, and evenly, are there any vertex groups needed?

Yeah it's been applied through Object Builder, I've even tried to make a counter weight, there was no difference.

So after some testing, I've found that it was the visual LOD causing this problem. Thanks for all your help.

So after some testing, I've found that it was the visual LOD causing this problem. Thanks for all your help.

For the benefit of the guy who a year from now has this same problem and finds this thread, how did the visual LOD cause the problem, and how did you solve it?

For the benefit of the guy who a year from now has this same problem and finds this thread, how did the visual LOD cause the problem, and how did you solve it?

It didn't even take a year for someone to need that answer, as I am in the same trouble, even tho my model is tilting to the side. Any update on how to fix this?

• Like 1

1)vehicles should not have the autocenter named property in Geo LOD. Delete it, it will default internally to the correct value.

2) absolutely make sure that physx wheelpoints are properly named (according to memory LOD). If the wrong points are used the wheels get alot larger leading to weird behaviour

3) mass distribution in Geo LOD is important (needs to be centered properly, or countered by increasing springstrength in front/back)

Unless you did some named selection issue to assign the hull to a wheel or something that is animated, i'm very sure that this is not caused by res LOD.

As I have never seen the "autocenter", I do not know if I have that enabled or what not. How do I check that?

As I have never seen the "autocenter", I do not know if I have that enabled or what not. How do I check that?

Go into your Geometry lod and see if there is a named property called 'autocenter' (or 'autocentre' - I can't remember if it is Americanised or not).

• Like 1

Thanks guys, I did not have that in my model. 

My tilting model is kind of fixed now, only issue now is the dampers are inverted (going up when it should go down). I think what fixed it was making the verts from LandContact lod touching the wheels. Can't confirm tho.

only issue now is the dampers are inverted

the direction of an animation depends on what vertice of the axis you use existed first (afaik) - if you import vertices for the axis from somewhere else, it can appear to be random. Just "flip" the animation by changing the offset values (to go in the opposite direction) if it goes the wrong direction.

the direction of an animation depends on what vertice of the axis you use existed first (afaik) - if you import vertices for the axis from somewhere else, it can appear to be random. Just "flip" the animation by changing the offset values (to go in the opposite direction) if it goes the wrong direction.

Oh, sounds like it will do the trick, I'll try that!