Shift

How to improve visibility range?

I have also noticed that since the 1.70 update that the view distance was unable to be changed via the 'VIDEO OPTIONS' + 'VISIBILITY' sliders (for whatever reason). Recently I have been playing a different game mode/mission, which had a scripted view range (menu + buttons), which got me to investigate if the scripted limitation affected the client sliders... and it does.

Check out these two screen shots, in EDEN, map Tanoa, location Georgetown...

4aJqoGD.jpg

I set my view distance and object view distance at 3300m each via the scripted commands... I then went in to my client video settings and adjusted both sliders to maximum (12000m) as per the screen shot below...

57m8a2I.jpg

As you can see by putting the sliders to 12000m each, the scene/scenario view distance does/will not change at all. I encountered this issue directly after receiving the Jets DLC and wanting to test out the new jets within EDEN on the map Tanoa.

There is an issue with the scripted commands overriding the client visibility options, after-the-fact of playing a mission or on a multiplayer server.

What to do? If you have access to the debug menu upon pressing ESC (in game) or ~ (in EDEN), type in the following commands and press the 'Local Execute' button for a temporary fix...

setViewDistance 12000;
setObjectViewDistance 12000;

^ you can adjust the number/view distance to anything you require... but 12000 is the maximum achievable... you then 'should' be able to use your client visibility sliders to adjust the view/object distance to where you need them.

Until a proper fix comes out... I hope that helps.

-soul.

If you are using the ACE 3 mod, it appears to override the game view distance settings. Even with "Video Settings" selected in the Ace view distance limiter options, the view distance remains at the default Ace 3 settings no matter where you put the view distance sliders ingame and needs to be adjusted in the Ace Options Menu. Not sure if this was caused by the last update but it would be great to have this reintegrated and working correctly. 

taftp1.jpg

It is confusing at first but makes sense...

View Distance in Video settings is the default for when you are in the editor or any mission which does not specify a limit.

In MOST missions (especially MP ones) the view distance is controlled by its own options and overrides the ones in video options.

This is to ensure that all players have a similar experience and limits the advantages of more powerful machines especially for PvP.

If you want a simple option why not use the mods

TAW View Distance - Simple but outdated

CH View Distance - Bit complex at first but is updated

Anyone know of a fix for this, or how to sort it in the new ACE options CBA collab menues?

setViewDistance 12000; 
setObjectViewDistance 12000;

This sorts the view distance problem, but im still having what i can only think of as LOD problems. As in the oceans shorelines not showing properly, and only gaining their visual self when im like within a km. It makes the map look really weird and jaggy - i find ACE3s view distance module to be very interfering with the game, and i cannot seem to figure out how to fix it and use ACE at the same time. 

No matter how much i tweak the ACE view distance menu, or the ingame view distance options - its locked to like 3-4km when having the ACE view distance off. When i turn it on, i get better view distance and object rendering. I get the same by using the local exec commands mentioned above - but both still gives me the LOD problem with the world looking really weird (floating rocks/hills now showing/water being jagged at the shorelines and often covering what clearly is land. Lakes not appearing where there should be lakes etc. My ingame settings are also maxed out, but it seems that this has no actuall effect in game atm.

Any help with this will be appreciated. I love ACE for all its other functions - but this is sort of a game breaking problem.

This screenshot is from from the A10 while flying it while testing in the eden editor - aiming at a place about 5-6km off. Blue circles are odd stuff..
https://imgur.com/fO70urj

12 hours ago, Ivan Job Lomongo said:

Hello. It is already 2019 and just bought Arma 3 last night. I encountered the same quality issue on range visibility. Please see sample screen shot: https://ibb.co/qCPCCzy

Any solution how to improve the visibility range? 

Try these 2 mods:

Altis mid range terrain texture replacement
Stratis mid range terrain texture replacement