Sign in to follow this  
Razor[42JTF]

Zeus Mod - Init Field for objects/units

Does anyone know of a mod or can help me mod in the ability to initialise objects that are in zeus so that I can execute code on units placed in zeus.

For example disabling move on an AI which you could do in the editor but not in zeus

EDIT: Problem solved for admins

Is there a way to activate the init line for non admin zeus

Is there a way to activate the init line for non admin zeus

Trust me, you don't want that. Giving direct script-access to non-admins is not a good idea at all.

I still can't figure this out. I have the Game Master module down and set to #adminLogged but I don't see an init line on dedicated servers. I want the init line for units and objects. What am I doing wrong?

*bump*

Anyone?

I could be wrong, but try setting enableDebugConsole = 1; in your description.ext and then logging in as admin on the server.

I have that set in Eden, but I will give it a try.

If I remember right, the Ares mod has Zeus modules which you can use to execute code on units while the game is running.

Use mcc sandbox. It adds exactly what you are looking for. You can double click an item in Zeus and you will see execute code option were you can type or use the built in 3d editor that comes with it and you will have some default codes to run on unit or again type your own.

MCC is bloatware :P I just want the debug line.

MCC is bloatware :P I just want the debug line.

This didn't work for you as gilitar said?

In your description.ext file:

enableDebugConsole = 1;

Followed by logging into your server as admin then pressing ESC to bring up the debug console?

I didn't try it to be honest. I thought that Eden took care of all of that so you don't need a Description.ext. I guess not.

EDIT

It worked... I should have tried it sooner.

I thought that Eden took care of all of that so you don't need a Description.ext. I guess not.

All Eden does is give you a way to edit parameters of the description.ext file without (necessarily*) having to manually create one.  But you still have to configure it from within Eden.  Said differently, it doesn't do anything for you, it just makes doing the same thing easier.

*However, there are still many aspects of the description.ext file which cannot yet be edited from within Eden and still require manually writing those aspects into the file.  And if you have something defined both in Eden and manually in the file, what's in the file takes precedence.