Would this work with the mission version of MCC? Do I need to do anything else, other than putting this mod on the server anc HC folder and starting it?

This is a Zeus integration only. It will not support other mods. It is those mod developers job to support servers and headless client. I'm just here to make BI's stuff work better.

You need to enable the mod on server, headless client, and clients.

Updated mod to beta version 0.2

ChangeLog:
v0.2   - Rotation
- Added MP functionality for rotating objects in Zeus

Download links have been updated.

Cheers for the update man. The new rotate objects isn't perfect. But it certainly isn't bad.

It seems to work pretty well for infantry. Vehicles not so much, but still better than what was there before.

Thanks for the support on this. We ran a 50 man op yesterday and our server FPS never dropped below 35 with the Zeus mission we were running. About to push v2 out to everyone.

• Like 1

Cheers for the update man. The new rotate objects isn't perfect. But it certainly isn't bad.

It seems to work pretty well for infantry. Vehicles not so much, but still better than what was there before.

What doesn't work that well on the vehicles rotation? I know that idealy I would want tanks to be able to have their AI drivers turn it themselves. May try to implement this on version 0.3. I don't intend to release that for a week or two though. If it's cause you move the Vic after turning and the gunner turns a different direction, they will actually look towards where your mouse cursor was when you rotated it, so try making that a further distance.

Thanks for the support on this. We ran a 50 man op yesterday and our server FPS never dropped below 35 with the Zeus mission we were running. About to push v2 out to everyone.

Glad to hear it! I'm looking forward to seeing the extent that people can push the ability of Zeus created missions performance with large groups.

New mod v0.3 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey flyingpenguin , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

What doesn't work that well on the vehicles rotation? I know that idealy I would want tanks to be able to have their AI drivers turn it themselves. May try to implement this on version 0.3. I don't intend to release that for a week or two though. If it's cause you move the Vic after turning and the gunner turns a different direction, they will actually look towards where your mouse cursor was when you rotated it, so try making that a further distance.

Glad to hear it! I'm looking forward to seeing the extent that people can push the ability of Zeus created missions performance with large groups.

You just sometimes can't get it to rotate exactly, I found particularly with vehicles it would get pretty close but sometime would refuse to go the extra few meters. I would kind of round off the direction you wanted it to face. I mean for 90% of spawns it won't be a problem but when you're trying to precisely position a vehicle how you want it for example in a parking space sometimes it just wont rotate perfectly. If need be I can make a short video illustrating the issue.

I mean overall it isn't a major problem but if you're a perfectionist and like to get your spawned items exactly it is a bit of a niggle.

You just sometimes can't get it to rotate exactly, I found particularly with vehicles it would get pretty close but sometime would refuse to go the extra few meters. I would kind of round off the direction you wanted it to face. I mean for 90% of spawns it won't be a problem but when you're trying to precisely position a vehicle how you want it for example in a parking space sometimes it just wont rotate perfectly. If need be I can make a short video illustrating the issue.

I mean overall it isn't a major problem but if you're a perfectionist and like to get your spawned items exactly it is a bit of a niggle.

Alright, I will look into that and see what's going on. It's using setDir on the object which should make it precise, but I guess something isn't as precise as it could be.

Also, currently, ZISHC does not add structures and other objects. I don't think there are performance increases to making them respawn on server or HC, but if anyone already knows from experience and can save me the time in doing performance tests, let me know. I'm thinking of supporting this as well, and at the very least, give the option of making them be added to all curators view.

Alright, I will look into that and see what's going on. It's using setDir on the object which should make it precise, but I guess something isn't as precise as it could be.

Also, currently, ZISHC does not add structures and other objects. I don't think there are performance increases to making them respawn on server or HC, but if anyone already knows from experience and can save me the time in doing performance tests, let me know. I'm thinking of supporting this as well, and at the very least, give the option of making them be added to all curators view.

Update on this, I see the issue you are having now.  Each time you move the vic, its trying to reset the direction as well.  I will get a fix for this in the next update which will bring some generaic performance increases as well.  Updated known issues.

Hey man

this error was spamming quite a bit during tonights game, I'm not entirely sure it is because of this mod. But it certainly looks like it.

_obj doWatch (_obj getDir _pos);

};

};

>

3:27:11   Error position: <doWatch (_obj getDir _pos);

};

};

>

3:27:11   Error dowatch: Type Number, expected Array,Object

3:27:11 File ZISHC\functions\curator\rotate.sqf, line 13

Hey man

this error was spamming quite a bit during tonights game, I'm not entirely sure it is because of this mod. But it certainly looks like it.

_obj doWatch (_obj getDir _pos);

};

};

>

3:27:11   Error position: <doWatch (_obj getDir _pos);

};

};

>

3:27:11   Error dowatch: Type Number, expected Array,Object

3:27:11 File ZISHC\functions\curator\rotate.sqf, line 13

It is because of ZISHC, I have already fixed it for version 0.3. Will probably be pushing that out tomorrow.

Updated to version 0.3

ChangeLog:

v0.3   - Efficiency

-Changed way MP is sent to be more efficient
-Fixed rotation not being retained on moving objects
-Fixed a few minor bugs

Download links have been updated

Awesome stuff mate, we ran a mission tonight with the latest version of the game. The Zeus had a ping of almost 300 as he was in the US (we are an Australian group) and the mission ran buttery smooth. We had not complaints post mission from the Zeus. If I get any feedback I'll post it up. But everything sounds like it is working as intended mate. Good job.

Awesome stuff mate, we ran a mission tonight with the latest version of the game. The Zeus had a ping of almost 300 as he was in the US (we are an Australian group) and the mission ran buttery smooth. We had not complaints post mission from the Zeus. If I get any feedback I'll post it up. But everything sounds like it is working as intended mate. Good job.

Excellent to hear! Thanks for your continued support and help with tracking down bugs and improving features. It is incredibly useful. I'm going to put you and your group in the special thanks section when I get the chance.

Very great job flyingpenguin. I did some test, it's incredible, My internet connection thanks you for this. I had lot of issues without it when a lot of AI died at the same time, now the server is doing the job for me and it's great.

I got a question, I don't think it's a bug, but more a technical limitation/issue.

When I try (or other zeus) to change stance/speed/behavior or formation of an AI or a group of AI it's not working at. If I do it with MCC, it's working fine.

My question : Can we send these changes to the server to update the AI status ?

Thanks for your work mate

Very great job flyingpenguin. I did some test, it's incredible, My internet connection thanks you for this. I had lot of issues without it when a lot of AI died at the same time, now the server is doing the job for me and it's great.

I got a question, I don't think it's a bug, but more a technical limitation/issue.

When I try (or other zeus) to change stance/speed/behavior or formation of an AI or a group of AI it's not working at. If I do it with MCC, it's working fine.

My question : Can we send these changes to the server to update the AI status ?

Thanks for your work mate

I'm glad it's working well for you! Unfortunately, changing stance, skill, or other such things in Zeus is not MP compatible as well. I can't hook into the UI zeus uses to get the changes made yet, so for now I have left it alone. I have been mulling over possible work arounds, but the one I keep coming back to is making my own Zeus module you can place down to change their stance/skill/behavior.

So for now, you will have to continue using MCC to be able to use those functions until I can find a solution. Hopefully will be able to put a fix in for next update.

Speaking of which, next update will add objects/buildings and such to be handled by the mod, as well as weighted spawns for server and headless client. Update will be in about a week most likely.

• Like 1

Heya Flyinpenguin. Thank you for this.

One problem though, I can no longer make an air unit go into flying position. When i alt-grab the plane/heli to send it into the air, It starts its engine mid-air and helplessly plummets to the ground. Normally this should make the plane instantly fly forward in the air or with the heli, have it hovering where you set the height, with the engines fully on already.

One problem though, I can no longer make an air unit go into flying position. When i alt-grab the plane/heli to send it into the air, It starts its engine mid-air and helplessly plummets to the ground. Normally this should make the plane instantly fly forward in the air or with the heli, have it hovering where you set the height, with the engines fully on already.

Same here!

Alright, thanks for letting me know. I will try and fix this for next update. Will add to known issues.

Hey Flyinpenguin

I've noticed since the 1.60 arma update and the latest version of Ryan Zombies, ZISHC now no longer works with Ryan Zombies.

It seems to still work ok with normal units, but for some reason whenever I try and spawn in zombies via Zeus with ZISHC running the zombies refuse to spawn in. They will appear initially like all other units then when they disappear to be respawned on the server they never reappear. Perhaps it was a one off but I'm not sure.

ZISHC is almost mandatory for Ryan Zombies since they are pretty resource heavy making ZISHC and RZ a perfect match.

If possible could you take a look and see what the problem might be cheers.

Hey Flyinpenguin

I've noticed since the 1.60 arma update and the latest version of Ryan Zombies, ZISHC now no longer works with Ryan Zombies.

It seems to still work ok with normal units, but for some reason whenever I try and spawn in zombies via Zeus with ZISHC running the zombies refuse to spawn in. They will appear initially like all other units then when they disappear to be respawned on the server they never reappear. Perhaps it was a one off but I'm not sure.

ZISHC is almost mandatory for Ryan Zombies since they are pretty resource heavy making ZISHC and RZ a perfect match.

If possible could you take a look and see what the problem might be cheers.

I can take a look, but no guarantees.  I started this mod knowing that eventually there would be some conflict with some other mod and how they spawned their units.  It was inevitable.  My stance was and is that I will not make specific alterations to support other mods and non-normal ways of handling spawns.  (meaning have a whole set of code to detect their mod and handle it specifically)  So, if there is something that I can change that is not specific to their mod, then I will do it.  If there is not, then apologizes, but I will not write specific code just for their mod.

Also, apologizes about not pushing out more updates to this mod.  I recently got a full time job and have not had time to return to working on this.  I barely have enough to keep my units custom mod maintained.  I do intend to finish this mod with all the features that were intended, but it will take me a bit longer.  I hope you all understand!  Of course, if there is a scripter out there who wants to help out, I would not be opposed  ;)