Description:

Zeus Integration with Servers and Headless Client aims to transfer all spawns from Zeus, and distribute onto server and headless clients, as well as automatically allow other zeus users to see and edit units placed down. This is all accomplished without any overhead. Everything is handled with EventHandlers, so no messy, constantly running scripts. This mod is designed to be run on server, headless clients, and clients to function properly. Will work with no headless clients, or however many you manage to connect. Will also work with non-dedicated servers.

Beta Version 0.3

Features:

• Adds all players to all curators on respawn
  • Transfers vehicles/units/groups placed by curator to server/headless client
  • Adds placed vehicles/units/groups to all curators
  • Server keys
ChangeLog:

v0.3 - Efficiency

-Changed way MP is sent to be more efficient

-Fixed rotation not being retained on moving objects

-Fixed a few minor bugs

v0.2 - Rotation

- Added MP functionality for rotating objects in Zeus

v0.11 - Hotfix

- Fixed locality not switching correctly

- Fixed group leader not being correctly retained

- Fixed units in mechanized spawns not being added to curators

v0.1 - First implementation

- Added - make players visible to all curators

- Added - Distribution system to evenly distribute units across all servers and headless clients

- Added - make placed units visible to all curators

- Added - server keys

Known Issues:

-Will not add or transfer units placed by init scripts, mission, or various modifications (will not support this as intent is zeus support only)

-Air vehicles do not start engines and begin flying immediately after changing height to midair

Plans:

The intention of this mod is to allow units, such as 72nd Airborne Division that I am apart of, to use Zeus on servers more efficiently. The idea is to allow even more players to join the server with even more AI, with less of a performance impact.

- Plan to add configuration to allow weighted spawns. IE, twice as many units being spawned on headless clients than the server.

- Plan to add configuration to allow weighted spawns on clients. IE, all clients connected to server will handle 1 AI, when server and headless clients may be running 10 AI each. This will mean more people connected to the server, the better it will run

Note- My release model is this. Internal Testing means its an Alpha. Public release without all planned features implemented is a Beta. Full release means all planned features are added to the mod and working correctly.

Debug:

Put this in a debug console and use global execute if you want to get a readout of how many things are spawned on servers/headless clients

[] spawn { 	if (!hasInterface) then { 		_count = 0; 		{  			if (local _x) then { 				_count = _count + 1;			}; 		} forEach allUnits; 		[str _count] remoteExec ["systemChat", 0]; 	}; };

Downloads:

Dropbox- https://www.dropbox.com/s/zqgpihjy0ys3rnu/%40ZISHCv0.3.7z?dl=0

Google Drive- https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6b2GOkx9cBCUEpDRHVOb3hfTlE/view?usp=sharing

Steam Workshop- http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639965833

news_download_a3_3.png

Zeus Integration with Servers and Headless Client v0.3 beta

Special Thanks!

72nd Airborne Division for continued support and testing

SFC Z. Katz for help with testing

Rekkless and the Flying Monkeys In Space, Arma 3 tactical realsim clan

• Like 4

This is quite possibly the greatest if not the single greatest mod to come to arma 3.

You sir are the man, and get the Rekkless certified BAMF award.

To get this straight your mods will indeed push any units spawned in by ZEUS to be owned by the server instead of the Zeus?? Mean the servers resources will go into calculating the spawned units instead of the Zeus.

Also I'm guessing only the zeus and the server would need to run this mod? I can't imagine everyone would need to run this.

First off, This looks fantastic! Thanks for sharing it!

I had just a quick question about this part.

Known Issues:

-Will not add or transfer units placed by init scripts on various modifications (likely will not support this as it is not a standard way of spawning units)

-Doesn't always pick correct Team Leader for group spawns

My (very small) group uses ALIVE for the dynamic mission setting, along with a zeus player.

Do you have any idea on whether this would be compatible  with ALIVE?

Also, Here is a guide to signing PBO's

http://www.armaholic.com/plug.php?e=faq&q=220

You will need to download Arma 3 Tools from you steam games library. It is in the drop down menu, under tools.

Feel free to message me if you get stuck.

First off, This looks fantastic! Thanks for sharing it!

I had just a quick question about this part.

My (very small) group uses ALIVE for the dynamic mission setting, along with a zeus player.

Do you have any idea on whether this would be compatible  with ALIVE?

Also, Here is a guide to signing PBO's

http://www.armaholic.com/plug.php?e=faq&q=220

This is a Zeus Integration only.  It will not mess with ALiVE in anyway.  This means that it will not transfer anything ALiVE spawns down at all.  The only thing it will deal with is what the Zeus user themselves spawns down.  Of course it accounts for current load on the server and headless clients if there is any, regardless of how any units were spawned down.  So it will always choose the server/headless client that has less AI on it, when spawning from Zeus.  Let me know if you need any further clarification.

Also, thanks for the link.  I think I have tried this once before and it kept having an error.  Will try it again when I get a chance. Cheers!

Quick update, links have been updated, I managed to get server keys working for it.  Thanks booshisloose for link.  Figured out where that guide was outdated and managed to scratch out a key and sign the pbo.  Should work, let me know if not.

flyinpenguin can you confirm if only the Zeus needs this mod? Or does the Zeus and the Server need to be running this mod? Or should everyone on the server be running this mod?

What is the best way to use this mod?

Cheers man.

Absolutely brilliant!!! Was waiting for some or other scripting genius to figure how to do this! Well done, cant wait to try this out!

• Like 1

flyinpenguin can you confirm if only the Zeus needs this mod? Or does the Zeus and the Server need to be running this mod? Or should everyone on the server be running this mod?

What is the best way to use this mod?

Cheers man.

To have all features, run this on all servers and clients.  If you don't care about having all players added to curator, then technically you only need to run on server, headless client, and all zeus users.

My unit, Task Force Warhorse, will be testing this. Will post results.

Just had a mini-op with 23 guys, zeus mission. Performance difference is...crazy. Absolutely crazy. Server FPS never dropped below 45, with many many enemies placed down (even fighting indie groups). Will let ya'll know how the ~60 man test goes.

So, fun issue.  Before I released the mod, it did not retain groups.  I wanted to release this to the public, but knew that not keeping groups was gonna be a weird unprofessional issue, so I fixed it, tested to see if they retained and released it.  Apparently when you assign a unit to a group, they switch locality to where the group was created.  Neat, but not good for how I retained the groups.  So, fixed the issue and updated the mod.  Mod version is now v0.11 as this is more of a hotfix than anything.  Cool thing is I fixed some of the other bugs as well!

ChangeLog:

v0.11 - Hotfix

- Fixed locality not switching correctly

- Fixed group leader not being correctly retained

- Fixed units in mechanized spawns not being added to curators

Download Links have been updated.

Pondering here what it would take for BIS to make the functionality presented here be official part of the main game.

Pondering here what it would take for BIS to make the functionality presented here be official part of the main game.

Well, if they implemented it, it would arguably work better than this.  My way is inefficient since it reacts to what zeus does instead of spawning down units initially on servers or headless clients.  There are methods that I can do to improve this inefficiency, but for now, this beta version will have to do.

Great work!

But, can you make a small guide how to use it with dedicated server?

flyinpenguin we came into a pretty significant bug with the mod this evening.

Zeus can not rotate anything they spawn in. I think this is because they are then owned by the server. But anything they try and rotate to face a specific way to make vehicles fit in parking bays, or any untis to face anyway other than North. That sort of problem.

I'm not sure that if this is even possible to fix due to the way the mod works. But if you could solve that problem, it would be sensational.

yeah, thats probably something else you downloaded, not this.  Feel free to look through the mod yourself, or ask another mod developer to look at it.

Great work!

But, can you make a small guide how to use it with dedicated server?

Small guide - run mod on server, run mod on clients. Done.  Literally that simple.

• Like 1

flyinpenguin we came into a pretty significant bug with the mod this evening.

Zeus can not rotate anything they spawn in. I think this is because they are then owned by the server. But anything they try and rotate to face a specific way to make vehicles fit in parking bays, or any untis to face anyway other than North. That sort of problem.

I'm not sure that if this is even possible to fix due to the way the mod works. But if you could solve that problem, it would be sensational.

Yeah, this has been an issue with Zeus for a bit. Whenever you try and rotate a vehicle that is not local, this will happen.  I have no idea why BI made zeus so MP incompatible, it is a bit frustrating.  Rest assured that I am aware of it and am looking into how to fix it.  

For now, the best way for vics is to spawn them down, spawn down another unit, take control of the unit and manually rotate the vic.  For units, easiest way is probably give them a short waypoint to make them look a certain direction.  I know it is not ideal, but for now its what you will have to do until I can find a solution. 

Really funny you said that. Recently got EricJ to make a mod for me, the same Trojan popped up when I went to download but it turned out windows defender just didn't like the .pdf inside of it. Turned off defender real quick to download and it worked.

Would this work with the mission version of MCC? Do I need to do anything else, other than putting this mod on the server anc HC folder and starting it?