dub_r_totalwar

Opfor shoot civilian if pulls gun out?

So its been awhile and I decided to start playing Arma 3 again and have run into a brick wall with something I'm trying to do in mission editing.

I got a mission I want to create and the point is to have special forces infiltrate insurgent held territory and locate high priority targets and take em out. The thing is though, these SOF lads will be civilians with a backpack, in the backpack will be a good old silenced weapon for them carry out their tasks. I want to know is it possible to have opfor open fire on civilians if  a civilian has a weapon out or pulls a weapon out?

I have mission creating experience and have messed around with East Setfriend etc, setcaptive and a few other things to try manipulate to how I want things....but I had a big old brain fart and couldn't figure out if it would be possible. I know it would be possible if I set a trigger to a radio command, but that would kill the immersion factor of the mission if i have to manually set it for it to happen. I like the idea of hiding the toys away and when out if spotted we get shot at.

Any help/feedback would be helpful, even if it was to tell me its not possible, would save me time figuring out the hard way.

Hey man..

run in the same issue myself...

you can easily solve that with this mod:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27496

or this script:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26475

Both have some limits and COULD interfere with other mods/scripts, but take a look anyway...TK man!

Thanks for the reply mate!

Looks great! I'll give them a go.

You could monitor the unit and wait until it has the weapon equipped; then you only have to add a negative rating the civ unit.

EDIT : or make it join a dummy group from an hostile side, this way the civ will try to fire its weapon at the attackers and defend itself like any combattant.

You could monitor the unit and wait until it has the weapon equipped; then you only have to add a negative rating the civ unit.

EDIT : or make it join a dummy group from an hostile side, this way the civ will try to fire its weapon at the attackers and defend itself like any combattant.

What he wont to achieve, I believe, is this:

His SOF team, dressed up as civis (UNARMED) will run around "blending" with other civis, in a OPFOR (3rd faction) controlled area. As needed, they (SOF) will pull out gun, kill HVT and put away weapons an re-blend in with civis to vanish from from the "murder scene ".

Bottom line: blufor, with hided gun, will not been attacked by OPFOR, because they are dressed like civis.

What he wont to achieve, I believe, is this:

His SOF team, dressed up as civis (UNARMED) will run around "blending" with other civis, in a OPFOR (3rd faction) controlled area. As needed, they (SOF) will pull out gun, kill HVT and put away weapons an re-blend in with civis to vanish from from the "murder scene ".

Bottom line: blufor, with hided gun, will not been attacked by OPFOR, because they are dressed like civis.

BluFor units dressed as civies will be attacked by enemies : if they are West-sided and dressed with forceAddUniform (or the arsenal function from Eden), they remain West-sided and enemy to Opfor.

From there it's easy to use setCaptive and set it to false as soon as the units have a weapon equipped.

BluFor units dressed as civies will be attacked by enemies : 

I know that bro.

That's why he's looking for a script/mod to "fool" OPFOR.

@OP : just add this to the init line of your BluFor units :

this setcaptive true;
0 = [this] spawn {
	_unit = _this select 0;
	waitUntil {currentWeapon _unit != "" && (EAST knowsAbout _unit) > 1};
	{_x setcaptive false} forEach units group _unit;
};

As soon as one of them has any weapon in hands and OpFor sees them with said weapon, they will be engaged.

It's possible to stay incognito if you're discreet. ;)

• Like 2

this setcaptive true;
0 = [this] spawn {
	_unit = _this select 0;
};

As soon as one of them has any weapon in hands and OpFor sees them with said weapon, they will be engaged.

That will do also! Good job man!

this setcaptive true;
0 = [this] spawn {
	_unit = _this select 0;
};

Thanks mate! Everything mentioned in this thread here has worked so far!

hi,

Just one thing, add a sleep to haleks's waitUntil condition, it will save performances.

this setcaptive true;
0 = [this] spawn {
	_unit = _this select 0;
	waitUntil {currentWeapon _unit != "" && (EAST knowsAbout _unit) > 1; sleep 1};
};

cya.

Nikiller.

hi,

Just one thing, add a sleep to haleks's waitUntil condition, it will save performances.

this setcaptive true;
0 = [this] spawn {
	_unit = _this select 0;
	waitUntil {currentWeapon _unit != "" && (EAST knowsAbout _unit) > 1; sleep 1};
};

cya.

Nikiller.

While usually a good idea, in this situation it is far from necessary to hold the loop

If you're running ACE, they actually have an event handler that checks when inventory has changed.